launcestondevil

What Been Your Main Hobby Since Lockdown/Isolation

25 posts in this topic

Myself I have gotten back into livestreaming, seeing as I am not allowed back to work until this blows over.

I've even been brainstorming and come up with my own "game mode" on this!!

It's rusty but you have to start somewhere right?

What goals have you set yourselves or what is your main hobby?

Set the goal to set a goal, already failed. So I'm just continuing my regular hobbies, drinking rum and video games.

I've already lived my whole life in isolation, so nothing has changed for me.

Working pretty much everyday :) 1 night off in 3 weeks.. Bout to catch me some rona on purpose so I can get some time off work.

Almost too busy doing it to write about it, then again excited enough to want to talk about it. Talking always wins...

Landscaping is not an essential service where I live, so I asked for a refund on my prepaid services and went out and bought a riding lawnmower/weedwacker/fertilizers/etc... Now I am IN HEAVEN cultivating/mowing/watering/weeding/fertilizing my large yard. And looking out through my picture windows at all the beauty...

Whereas video games took my mind off EVERYthing else once upon a time... this does it for me now 🏀. And there’s no going back... until Winter when I might pick up a PS5 depending on what games come out...

playing animal crossing i guess. i did nothing but playing this game this whole time. 

Watching Twitch and some gaming whenever I feel the mood for it. 

Posted (edited)

Working on music and writing as well as trying to wrap my head around the concept of organic gardening. On my off time I play video games, of course.

[EDIT] i.e. an average day for me.

Edited by SpaghettiGrabsy

I just got hired as an underwriter assistant about two weeks before I had to start working from home. I was only trained in the very basics and being trained over screensharing and phone calls has not been fun. So I've been stressing over that a bit but it's not too awful and then when I'm done for the day I chill with my bf and join him playing some video games. That's pretty much my entire life right now. Oh and every second week his kid stays with us and plays Fortnite while we chastise him to do his schoolwork. Fun times. 

I've actually gotten back into writing and working on stories! Same with trophies and livestreaming; been enjoying falling back into those little enjoyments I used to love so much. It's been kind of freeing to just do mindless things instead of having to worry about the next day. Also refurnishing my apartment.... And role-playing let's not forget that. 

Working on getting some platinums for games that I haven't gotten around to.
That I also got plenty of books to read and movies to watch as well, or watch anime.

Hours and hours of gaming every day and sometimes SOMETIMES anime.

On 19/4/2020 at 7:30 AM, Juzota said:

Relatable.

I've been going back and playing old games I've been sitting on.

On 4/19/2020 at 1:30 AM, Juzota said:

I can relate to that. Hardly anything is different for me. Reclusiveness has its benefits.

Several old games I haven't touched in a while are getting a little more attention. Sometimes I'll binge-watch reruns of Law & Order SVU, Criminal Minds, or the original Law & Order.

Been going back to old video games and platinuming them. 

I also have been trying to keep a schedule that is relatively healthy with some exercise and some learning. 

I started reading up more fanfiction and discovered Archive of our own and it's been a lovely experience.

Might finally get around to writing a fanfiction I been chewing on for at least six years.

I've always preferred to stay at home, so nothing's any different. Games. Youtube. Movies. 

I've recently set my goal to playing games I had, might've started/haven't and get around to finishing them before I really get stuck into Skyrim more than I already am

Been redesigning my living room. It's been rather cluttered for the last couple years, so I'm working on making it a bit more presentable. With not one visiting due to the lockdown, it seemed like the perfect time to tear the house up a bit.

Video gaming pretty much. Every now and then I walk outside, because I need the fresh air and exercise. Generally I do a little weightlifting and run the treadmill inside.

Everything else I want to do has been taken away from us since the quarantine. Nothing we can do right now but hope and pray the situation will get better.

I’ve learned to appreciate nature more. The conservation area near our house is still open with social distancing precautions, so we take the kids there. I like to ingest the fresh air, exhale its beauty...

Still teaching, now online, so gaming hours haven’t gone up but I’ve been maintaining the hobby. It’s enjoyable. Hadn’t played guitar in almost a year and I’m doing that now, working on my 6th album which I’m going to dedicate to my wife.

After quarantine/isolation my life actually got busier. I have a kid who's almost 3 years old, so you can imagine how my day is without daycare. Me and the wife both already worked from home, so that hasn't changed. What's changed is that we take turns working/taking care of the kid. If I have much work on a given week, I have to wake before everyone and get as much as possible done before the day actually starts. Also, with no help around the house and no day off, there's very little time for any hobbies. We did manage to get the kid to sleep earlier though, so strangely I might even be gaming a bit more at night, but that's about it. My kid is also starting to show interest in games from seeing me play, so we play the PS VITA together and he fires up whatever catches his eye to play for a few minutes. He also played a bit of Abzû with me on the PS4 and was kinda hooked, since he love sea animals and stuff. 

i've recently been cleaning up my profile from games i havent finished just got around to finally finishing Assassins creed odyssey 

Well, I only discovered this great website during lockdown, and I've been giving my PS4 A LOT more attention than usual