Let's Play Resident Evil

Another one of my favourite video game franchises. :D Like with Yakuza, I've already 100% completed many of them which I'll list below.

Numbered Titles:

• Resident Evil 0
  • Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Other Titles:

• Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Sometime this year I also plan on completing Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil Resistance, and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles. No plans for the remaining two games at the moment because it would probably require me to set up boosting sessions which I don't like doing. Plus, Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps don't have the best reputation. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Another one of my favourite video game franchises. :D Like with Yakuza, I've already 100% completed many of them which I'll list below.

Numbered Titles:

• Resident Evil 0
  • Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Other Titles:

• Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Sometime this year I also plan on completing Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil Resistance, and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles. No plans for the remaining two games at the moment because it would probably require me to set up boosting sessions which I don't like doing. Plus, Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps don't have the best reputation. :P

Awesome to see familiar face.  You have great taste in gaming lol.  Thanks for joining!  RE is one of my favorite series too.  I'm currently going through them in order.  Trying to beat the times in Battle Mode and beat RE4 at the moment.  RE3 is great with a very simple plat (it only took me roughly 18 hours).  Fun game though.  As for ORC and UC I have them too (haven't started them yet though) so if want to boost them at some point in the future, let me know!  You should have enough awards that you don't have to worry about hunters for a while lol.  Here they are:

@Undead Wolf

Spoiler

lFd4hTA.pngD4YnSgc.pnggQz5sdr.pngjwao4Mb.pngBqTf1Jv.pnglB8HVXz.pngIByX6wS.pngTed4Wf3.pngrrTgxmW.pngxNmRXZH.pngLGBizY7.pngfWw1EJA.pngn0NWASE.pngNIA49g3.pngJmGrRZw.png

Also, for the sake of community, I've also made my own awards:

Spoiler

r3pIWes.pngboqxHAh.png4u38yro.pngdtxIh1b.pngg636uKB.png

For me I've only completed RE5, RE6, Revelations 1, and RE2 (barring 100% because of DLC) but I plan to do RE3 and Resistance eventually and I have RE4 to clean up sometime down the road. I did do a playthrough of Revelations 2 but I don't see myself going back at it because I found the game really boring and the no online co-op doesn't help either.

• Like 1

it's a mixed bag for me. I've got some on my list, and playing through revelations raid mode atm, it's quite fun but really annoyingly grindy. for me i grew up playing every entry in this series at release. RE7 ruined me though, specifically the dlc completely burnt me out and left me raging, and shortly after that, obnoxious dlc for re2 got released which brought back memories of hell and just flat out refused a third attempt since it was shit. no doubt the same will happen with other entries in the series so for me it's future is shady.

i do miss re2 tho so may retry it one day, and 3 looks interesting but im sure dlc will be insufferable who knows.

• Like 1

Well, I've been trying to get these completed anyway, so I'll throw my hat in. 

I already have plats for these games: 

• Resident Evil (PS4/PS3) (100%)
  • Resident Evil 2 (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 7 (PS4)

I'm currently working on RE 5 and 6 (PS3) so thats good timing. Then I'll do 3. After that who knows?

I never really got to play the Resident Evil games when they came out, so it's really awesome for me to be able to play all these games and find out why so many people (like my best friend) love this series so much.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

Recently got into this series with Resident Evil 2 (just have the plat for now). It was tough to put it down, so I'm looking to try more from the series. Then picked up Revelations 2 for the Vita. I'm stuck on Barry's last episode, but maybe this LP will help encourage me to get back to it. 

I also have RE 0 unstarted. Any with an online requirement I'll likely be skipping though. 

• Like 1

I would love to participate. I have the plats for 1 - 7, and Revelations 2. But only have 100%'s for 1,2,3, and Revelations 2. Though like Gretchen I won't likely play Umbrella Corps and Resistance because of their online centric game-play. I also prefer not to have stacks on my profile so I won't play PS3/PS4 versions. Also my goal is more to get A's on the games I don't have them on. Here's where I stand.

Resident Evil 0 - PS4 - Waiting for sale
Resident Evil - PS4 - Platinum - 100%
Resident Evil 2 - PS4 - Platinum - 100%

Resident Evil 3 - PS4 - Platinum - 100%

Resident Evil 4 - PS3 - 52% - Planned

Resident Evil 5 - PS3 - Platinum - 78% - Finished

Resident Evil 6 - PS3 - Platinum - 58% - Finished

Resident Evil 7 - PS4 - Platinum - 63% - Waiting for Sale

Resident Evil Code Veronica - PS4 - Waiting for sale
Resident Evil Resistance - PS4 - 0% - Likely won't play
Resident Evil Revelations - PS3 - 22% - Planned

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - PS4 - Platinum - 100%

Resident Evil Operations Racccoon City - 35% - Planned?

Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles - 47% - Finished

Resident Evil The Umbrella Crhonicles - 33% Finished
Umbrella Corps - PS4 - 0% - Likely won't play

I know this is more for 100% each title, but I'd like to see where this thread goes and see others who participate.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome to see familiar face.  You have great taste in gaming lol.  Thanks for joining!  RE is one of my favorite series too.  I'm currently going through them in order.  Trying to beat the times in Battle Mode and beat RE4 at the moment.  RE3 is great with a very simple plat (it only took me roughly 18 hours).  Fun game though.  As for ORC and UC I have them too (haven't started them yet though) so if want to boost them at some point in the future, let me know!  You should have enough awards that you don't have to worry about hunters for a while lol.

Likewise. :D I wish you luck with the Battle Mode in Code Veronica. If it's your first time playing through RE4, you're in for a treat. One of the best games in the series without a doubt. And yeah, I've heard that the RE3 plat is very easy since you can just blast your way through with the infinite rocket launcher for most of it. I've heard that it's disappointing when compared to RE2 remake or even the original RE3, but I still look forward to playing it.

I forget how many people are required to boost all of the trophies for both of those games, but sure, I wouldn't be opposed to playing them if we can get enough people together. You can always shoot me a message here or on PSN when you get around to starting them. :)

• Like 1

Welcome everyone!  It's great to see another familiar face and a lot of newcomers.  Thanks everyone for posting/joining!  There does seem to be a consensus though concerning the online titles ORC and UC.  Because of this, I've updated the categories a bit.  You no longer need these titles (or Resistance) to join Masters of Unlocking.  However, I've created a new category, U.B.C.S., specifically for these.  Feel free to discuss this and let me know your thoughts and opinions on whether you like this change or not.  Also, if anyone is interested in possibly getting a boosting group together for Umbrella Corps and Operation Raccoon City, let me know.  Depending on how many we can get and whether we can coordinate schedules, I will create an official gaming session for us so we can get the trophies.  It will likely be sometime in the future (not right this minute) so let me know if you're interested (I'd need time to coordinate everyone, install the games and read up on what's necessary for the trophies).  Also don't forget to let us know if you have the DLC for ORC or not if you are interested.

17 hours ago, Redgrave said:

For me I've only completed RE5, RE6, Revelations 1, and RE2 (barring 100% because of DLC) but I plan to do RE3 and Resistance eventually and I have RE4 to clean up sometime down the road. I did do a playthrough of Revelations 2 but I don't see myself going back at it because I found the game really boring and the no online co-op doesn't help either.

Good to see you again Redgrave!  Thanks for joining this one too!  I see you've dipped your toes into a lot of different titles in the series.  It's only natural that you don't like every game in the series so no worries there (I haven't yet played Rev 2).  Just play and enjoy the ones you like!  Here's your awards for the ones you have completed though.

@Redgrave

Spoiler

LXu4dey.png5rdSnRf.pngR6s7GqW.pngCQnSWde.pngrTBxFEM.png

17 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it's a mixed bag for me. I've got some on my list, and playing through revelations raid mode atm, it's quite fun but really annoyingly grindy. for me i grew up playing every entry in this series at release. RE7 ruined me though, specifically the dlc completely burnt me out and left me raging, and shortly after that, obnoxious dlc for re2 got released which brought back memories of hell and just flat out refused a third attempt since it was shit. no doubt the same will happen with other entries in the series so for me it's future is shady.

i do miss re2 tho so may retry it one day, and 3 looks interesting but im sure dlc will be insufferable who knows.

I haven't yet started RE7's DLC but I have heard things about it.  However, I know exactly what you mean about RE2's DLC.  I loved the game and I replay it often but the DLC is terrible and I've attempted the final trophy I need several times without success.  Personally though, I usually unwind with something else then come back with a clear head and try again.  If nothing else, a couple trophies aren't worth your sanity.  As far as RE3 goes, I loved it despite the mixed reviews but it does feel like an extension of RE2's remake.  I don't want to say too much though.  But if you're still burnt out no worries!  The bottom line of this event is to have fun and play some games in the RE series so if you feel you're not having fun you can always take a break from the event.  Here's your awards for what you have completed though!

@MatThaRiPP3R84

Spoiler

VPr8wD6.pngR4hDXAL.png6pFMUhs.png

17 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Well, I've been trying to get these completed anyway, so I'll throw my hat in. 

I already have plats for these games: 

Resident Evil (PS4/PS3)

Resident Evil 2 (PS4)

Resident Evil 7 (PS4)

I'm currently working on RE 5 and 6 (PS3) so thats good timing. Then I'll do 3. After that who knows?

I never really got to play the Resident Evil games when they came out, so it's really awesome for me to be able to play all these games and find out why so many people (like my best friend) love this series so much.

Awesome, thanks for joining!  RE is an awesome series and I'm glad you're exploring it for yourself!  Which one has been your favorite so far?  I got into this series in the Gamecube era (I played RE1 on PS1 at my buddy's house back in the day but I never owned one until RE0 on Gamecube) but the only ones I ever beat were Remake 1 and Umbrella Chronicles (until I beat RE7 a couple years ago).  The cool thing about each game is that each one has something unique that sets it apart so it's awesome seeing what each one brings to the table.  Here's your awards!

@danceswithsloths

Spoiler

EvZxXDO.pngKniA3Gn.pngKK0m7Ri.png

17 hours ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

Plat:

Resident Evil 3

I've played them all but not really gone for the 100% or Plat in them. Just enjoyed the stories. I am going to aim to get the plat for RE2 and I'll update when I do 

Welcome!  However you're enjoying the series is fine by me!  Good luck with RE2's plat!  Here's your award!

@RedDeadWitcher93

Spoiler

hSeIvc5.png

17 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Recently got into this series with Resident Evil 2 (just have the plat for now). It was tough to put it down, so I'm looking to try more from the series. Then picked up Revelations 2 for the Vita. I'm stuck on Barry's last episode, but maybe this LP will help encourage me to get back to it. 

I also have RE 0 unstarted. Any with an online requirement I'll likely be skipping though. 

Welcome!  If you liked RE2, I highly suggest RE3.  It's very similar in gameplay and a lot of fun though it is a lot shorter.  Best of luck with Rev 2, hopefully you can get past it!  Here's your award!

@Gretchen27

Spoiler

B0pLYlH.png

16 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I would love to participate. I have the plats for 1 - 7, and Revelations 2. But only have 100%'s for 1,2,3, and Revelations 2. Though like Gretchen I won't likely play Umbrella Corps and Resistance because of their online centric game-play. I also prefer not to have stacks on my profile so I won't play PS3/PS4 versions. Also my goal is more to get A's on the games I don't have them on. Here's where I stand.

Resident Evil 0 - PS4 - Waiting for sale
Resident Evil - PS4 - Platinum - 100%
Resident Evil 2 - PS4 - Platinum - 100%

Resident Evil 3 - PS4 - Platinum - 100%

Resident Evil 4 - PS3 - 52% - Planned

Resident Evil 5 - PS3 - Platinum - 78% - Finished

Resident Evil 6 - PS3 - Platinum - 58% - Finished

Resident Evil 7 - PS4 - Platinum - 63% - Waiting for Sale

Resident Evil Code Veronica - PS4 - Waiting for sale
Resident Evil Resistance - PS4 - 0% - Likely won't play
Resident Evil Revelations - PS3 - 22% - Planned

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - PS4 - Platinum - 100%

Resident Evil Operations Racccoon City - 35% - Planned?

Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles - 47% - Finished

Resident Evil The Umbrella Crhonicles - 33% Finished
Umbrella Corps - PS4 - 0% - Likely won't play

I know this is more for 100% each title, but I'd like to see where this thread goes and see others who participate.

Awesome, welcome we'd love to have you!  I understand about the online and no need to stack games you've already completed.  I just wanted to have separate rewards for those who took the time to do so.  You've got a lot completed though, best of luck with the remaining games!  Here's your awards:

@BestUsername----

Spoiler

l3Zrj1V.pngYC82isC.pngE3139Jr.pngOBkB2Lk.pngYxhLCmw.png6U9UsQ9.pngchYghlv.pngUTlvsSn.png

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Likewise. :D I wish you luck with the Battle Mode in Code Veronica. If it's your first time playing through RE4, you're in for a treat. One of the best games in the series without a doubt. And yeah, I've heard that the RE3 plat is very easy since you can just blast your way through with the infinite rocket launcher for most of it. I've heard that it's disappointing when compared to RE2 remake or even the original RE3, but I still look forward to playing it.

I forget how many people are required to boost all of the trophies for both of those games, but sure, I wouldn't be opposed to playing them if we can get enough people together. You can always shoot me a message here or on PSN when you get around to starting them. :)

Thanks!  I managed to beat it with 4 of the characters and almost beat it with the last character (got all the way to the ice room with the mag and got swarmed before I could heal).  I'm gonna keep at it though and hopefully unlock the secret weapon for it soon.  RE4 so far has been awesome.  It's been a while since I played a game I couldn't stop thinking about all day at work.  The controls took a second to get used to but there's a quality that draws me into the game and keeps me there.  And I really liked RE3 but I see where people are coming from it is short and it's not super different from RE2's remake

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Nice one!

I have a few here, to join the game! ;)

Numbered Titles

• Resident Evil 0
  • Resident Evil HD
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
  • Resident Evil 6 (PS3)

Other titles

• Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  • Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3)

Awesome, welcome and thanks for joining!  I'm really impressed by the fact that you've managed to maintain 100% on your profile.  Incredible!  Here's your awards:

Spoiler

ol4bYW4.pngiwZHwKV.pngHPst1MT.pngecLXCSX.pngoxN8MlJ.pngyhRvsB5.pngeBt7xwI.png0LM8rIe.pngPuWlqxX.pngzql9Pjs.pngHdhXut8.png

2 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome, welcome and thanks for joining!  I'm really impressed by the fact that you've managed to maintain 100% on your profile.  Incredible!  Here's your awards:

Hide contents

ol4bYW4.pngiwZHwKV.pngHPst1MT.pngecLXCSX.pngoxN8MlJ.pngyhRvsB5.pngeBt7xwI.png0LM8rIe.pngPuWlqxX.pngzql9Pjs.pngHdhXut8.png

Thanks to you! Keeping a 100% profile is my goal. A few games almost ruined it for me, but I am patient and I never give up xD Also, I haven't played so many games when compared to many other profiles in the site! Slowly but steadily, I guess? :P

Edited by Gray-Fox-44
  • Like 1

i'm the same, hence why i feel I should stay away from certain re titles as it will no doubt ruin my completion. but it really bugs me that re7 defeated me (it was on xbox), re7's madhouse difficulty was quite a challenge, hell just landing enough headshots on chainsaw mia was rough, but ethan must die, joe must die and that god damn card game dlc are some of the hardest shit i've ever seen in a dlc. I must have died to the end boss of ethan must die 60 times in a row without ever defeating her, and i watched my friend do it on ps4 just recently and she looked just.. easy in comparison to what I had to deal with on xbox, like she was souped up more it was weird, he just basically blasted her to death and i never got her past the 4th escape.

it kinda killed my confidence with wanting to try new games, esp within the re series. so keeping away from theese ones is probably best lol

• Like 1

Completed (platinumed) every RE 100% except Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps since I don't regard them as RE games, they are garbage.

Main:

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil HD

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 7

Spin-offs: 

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles

Resident Evil Revelations

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Resident Evil Resistance

Edited by Ptirle

On 4/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, TomoTakino said:

Awesome, thanks for joining!  RE is an awesome series and I'm glad you're exploring it for yourself!  Which one has been your favorite so far?  I got into this series in the Gamecube era (I played RE1 on PS1 at my buddy's house back in the day but I never owned one until RE0 on Gamecube) but the only ones I ever beat were Remake 1 and Umbrella Chronicles (until I beat RE7 a couple years ago).  The cool thing about each game is that each one has something unique that sets it apart so it's awesome seeing what each one brings to the table.  Here's your awards!

My favorite is probably RE2 so far, but it's really tough to say between that and RE7. RE1 was fantastic of course but the other two have been even better imo. They certainly have all felt unique so far. Resident Evil 5 feels drastically different from what I've played in 1, 2, and 7.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

This sounds like a lot of fun! Believe it or not, but I’ve never played a Resident Evil game thus far in my trophy hunting journey. Right now the only one I own is RE5 (PS3), but I’ve been eyeing it lately as possibly one of the next games to play and platinum. This event might just provide that little kick in the pants needed for me to fire back up that PS3. ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Completed (platinumed) every RE 100% except Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps since I don't regard them as RE games, they are garbage.

Main:

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil HD

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 7

Spin-offs: 

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles

Resident Evil Revelations

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Resident Evil Resistance

By my calculations, that makes you our first Master of Unlocking!  Awesome job!  Thanks for joining and here are your awards:

@Ptirle

Spoiler

vfJhnhA.pngyGFJAtn.pngmXVbUCQ.pngBKidrPi.pngvv92d0l.pngvCPX4MJ.pngmhwm5SY.pngk3DWpe2.pngqti1dBr.pngzNciDA7.pngPMd4SsK.png4dp3eCv.pngq1QUfhe.pngY5m5gRj.pngoQjZtZL.pngMJCXKbs.pngIUZNHAH.pngpAMOFq5.pngbbDaINj.png

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

This sounds like a lot of fun! Believe it or not, but I’ve never played a Resident Evil game thus far in my trophy hunting journey. Right now the only one I own is RE5 (PS3), but I’ve been eyeing it lately as possibly one of the next games to play and platinum. This event might just provide that little kick in the pants needed for me to fire back up that PS3. ?

Cool, thanks for joining!  I haven't yet played much of RE5 but I hope you enjoy it enough to pursue the rest of the series, they're awesome games.  Best of luck!

@Redgrave My sincerest apologies, I exported one of your awards to the wrong folder so it didn't get uploaded.  Sorry about that!  Here it is though:

Spoiler

gIvlfC3.png

I also just completed RE:CVX today so here's my award:

Spoiler

Y53QlcZ.png

36 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

My sincerest apologies, I exported one of your awards to the wrong folder so it didn't get uploaded.  Sorry about that!  Here it is though:

Reveal hidden contents

gIvlfC3.png

It's okay :) But the spoiler isn't working for me for some reason. I guess try doing it again?

Edit: That time it worked. I don't know what happened but it wouldn't work even when I refreshed.

Edited by Redgrave

Nice topic/thread.

My first resi plat was RE5 then I got the RE HD plat some years after. And more recently I got 100% on RE6, hated 80% of RE6.

RE2 and 3 are in the pipeline for plats. I’ve also got 0, Veronica and revelations 2 but they aren’t high priority on my games list right now as RE6 burned me out.

Would love to be able to 100% all the RE’s on my profile as it’s my favourite series

Edited by shakie19
Typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shakie19 said:

Nice topic/thread.

My first resi plat was RE5 then I got the RE HD plat some years after. And more recently I got 100% on RE6, hated 80% of RE6.

RE2 and 3 are in the pipeline for plats. I’ve also got 0, Veronica and revelations 2 but they aren’t high priority on my games list right now as RE6 burned me out.

Would love to be able to 100% all the RE’s on my profile as it’s my favourite series

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoy it and welcome to the thread!  Haven't played RE6 yet but it's on my to do list (or Rev 2 honestly).  But hopefully you can overcome your burnout.  I know playing something on the side helps and I come back with a fresh mind.  And good luck with your goal, that's mine as well!  Here are your awards:

@shakie19

Spoiler

VebDCq4.pngawyy1Q1.pngkQPxRLR.pngHKsri2A.png

4 hours ago, wackt1 said:

I have platinum + 100% for Resident evil 2 remake (ps4), Resident evil 5 (ps3) and Resident evil 6 (ps3)

Thanks for joining!  I've taken note of your games and created your awards:

@wackt1

Spoiler

20Gk7vk.pngbDJUE7u.pngsguPtb6.pngKmK26K9.pngjpigQ3Y.png4Q5xZPP.png

Also, with my knowledge of CVX I was able to start the PS3 list for CVX HD!  Outside of one death and a couple mistries on battle mode, I managed to finish that list as well (apparently in 6 hours) so again, for the sake of community, here is my award;

Spoiler

FjELJ9t.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wackt1 said:

What can I do with the badges?

Also, I am working on the Resident Evil 1 Remake and Resident Evil Revelation 2 at the moment but might take me some time

The badges are just cool little images that show you've completed a game.  You can save them to your hard drive or put them on your profile or whatever you really want to do with them or you can ignore them if you don't want them.  It's just a cool incentive to keep playing RE!  Also, no need to rush your completions.  Enjoy, especially RE1 remake which is an amazing game (and one of my favorites of the series).  Haven't played Rev 2 though.  Best of luck to you!