Let's Play Resident Evil

20 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

The badges are just cool little images that show you've completed a game.  You can save them to your hard drive or put them on your profile or whatever you really want to do with them or you can ignore them if you don't want them.  It's just a cool incentive to keep playing RE!  Also, no need to rush your completions.  Enjoy, especially RE1 remake which is an amazing game (and one of my favorites of the series).  Haven't played Rev 2 though.  Best of luck to you!

The best thing to do is print them out and paste them on the fridge so ur mum can see how good you are.

• Like 4

Alright just purchased Code Veronica X and 0 from the sale (PS4 Versions) sadly no DLC for 7. It might take me some time to Plat them as I plan to have one Plat for my 125 Plat trophy milestone and another for my 11,000th trophy or 150 Plat trophy milestone.

Should I update my previous or this post or make a new one when I plat them?

3 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Alright just purchased Code Veronica X and 0 from the sale (PS4 Versions) sadly no DLC for 7. It might take me some time to Plat them as I plan to have one Plat for my 125 Plat trophy milestone and another for my 11,000th trophy or 150 Plat trophy milestone.

Should I update my previous or this post or make a new one when I plat them?

Make a new post please.  That way it will alert me.  Good luck on them though!

• Like 1

Well, I'm a participant as well and I have completed:

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil HD

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil Code Veronica

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 7 (Not to 100%)

Resident Evil Revelations 2

I played 6, but haven't done neither on PS3 or PS4. Also, RE Revelations 1, but my save got deleated and lost all of my progress, so at this time i'm not that interested in platin it, considering how hard the 150 medals in RAID is.

Edited by BlackSnake1435
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:04 PM, BlackSnake1435 said:

Well, I'm a participant as well and I have completed:

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil HD

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil Code Veronica

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 7 (Not to 100%)

Resident Evil Revelations 2

I played 6, but haven't done neither on PS3 or PS4. Also, RE Revelations 1, but my save got deleated and lost all of my progress, so at this time i'm not that interested in platin it, considering how hard the 150 medals in RAID is.

Awesome, thanks for joining!  You're really close to Master of Unlocking too.  Best of luck and here are your awards!

@BlackSnake1435

Spoiler

kb1sbd0.pnguo6Gs1m.png4UAJRYo.pngUxJrigi.pngMdrUOyi.pngSaDEwlP.pngVPEoDWF.pngIwxCQX4.pngW3dgtbT.pngsUxhQIi.pngGMGDmiG.png

Well, call me impressed by the idea. I've got RE7 and RE2 to go back to so I take this thread as an incentive. 

Here's my list: 

Resident Evil 4: 100% (PS3) 

Resident Evil 5: platinum & 100% (PS3) 

Resident Evil 7: platinum, no 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil: Revelation 2: platinum & 100% (PS4) 

For the rest: 

Resident Evil HD Remake: working on it. 

Resident Evil 2: Basically got the platinum a long time ago. Just missing a collectibles run. 

Resident Evil 3: Working on it. 

Resident Evil 6: just didn't get it. Lost interest in it. Maybe I'll go back.

Resident Evil: Revelation. Raid mode was boring. 

Resident Evil 0: Played it a long time ago. Waiting for a PS Plus release. 

Raccoon City: Screw this bile of shit. 

Corps: No. Just no. 

Resident Evil Resistance: Just started it, don't see myself getting the platinum. 

I'll update if anything changes. 

Edited by Xx-KingOFDark-xX
  • Like 1

Hi

Platted Resi games..

Resident Evil 7 (dlc incomplete)

Resident Evil 2 remake (dlc incomplete)

Resident Evil 3 remake

Completed the game but didn't plat..

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Code Veronica

Wanting to do Resi Evil 1 remake next to finish my remakes completion

Also done the original Resi 1 and 2 on PS1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

Well, call me impressed by the idea. I've got RE7 and RE2 to go back to so I take this thread as an incentive. 

Here's my list: 

Resident Evil 4: 100% (PS3) 

Resident Evil 5: platinum & 100% (PS3) 

Resident Evil 7: platinum, no 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil: Revelation 2: platinum & 100% (PS4) 

For the rest: 

Resident Evil HD Remake: working on it. 

Resident Evil 2: Basically got the platinum a long time ago. Just missing a collectibles run. 

Resident Evil 3: Working on it. 

Resident Evil 6: just didn't get it. Lost interest in it. Maybe I'll go back.

Resident Evil: Revelation. Raid mode was boring. 

Resident Evil 0: Played it a long time ago. Waiting for a PS Plus release. 

Raccoon City: Screw this bile of shit. 

Corps: No. Just no. 

Resident Evil Resistance: Just started it, don't see myself getting the platinum. 

I'll update if anything changes. 

Thanks, glad you enjoy the idea and can be a part of it!  I thought it would be a fun way for people to play through some RE games and connect with some like minded people.  You've got some cool completions too and you seem to share the general consensus about ORC and UC.  Best of luck with the rest of the games!  Here are your awards!

@Xx-KingOFDark-xX

Spoiler

vDIENeH.pngVTxJ8gv.pngwqu1Vx4.pngucDgz8W.pngCO0zUsc.png

6 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

Hi

Platted Resi games..

Resident Evil 7 (dlc incomplete)

Resident Evil 2 remake (dlc incomplete)

Resident Evil 3 remake

Completed the game but didn't plat..

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Code Veronica

Wanting to do Resi Evil 1 remake next to finish my remakes completion

Also done the original Resi 1 and 2 on PS1.

Hey there!  Thanks for joining us!  Enjoy RE1 remake, it's a fantastic game and the completion isn't too tough as long as you're mindful of not activating a certain invincible zombie.  Also, nice work with the originals, they're fun games but a bit antiquated.  Here's your awards (unfortunately there aren't any for the PS1 games):

@JPageMartin36

Spoiler

XyD6S4I.pngPwcmcp1.pngZuym3SK.png

Haha thanks. 

A slightly interesting fact - I completed Resi 1 in the year 2002, and even though I loved it, I went 15 years before I completed my next one, Resi 2, in 2017. 

Then ever since that one I've fully embraced my fandom and now complete new Resi games every year, old and new.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 0:14 AM, JPageMartin36 said:

Haha thanks. 

A slightly interesting fact - I completed Resi 1 in the year 2002, and even though I loved it, I went 15 years before I completed my next one, Resi 2, in 2017. 

Then ever since that one I've fully embraced my fandom and now complete new Resi games every year, old and new.

Nice!  I have a similar story to you, having beaten REmake in 2005ish and didn't beat another one until 2018 when I beat RE7 (though I played all of them except 5 & 6 to some degree in that time span).  And like you, after beating RE7, I went back and embraced my fandom and at this point, I've beaten all of the main titles except 5 & 6 (I actually just beat 4 for the first time tonight but on Xbox).  Now to beat it again on PS3/PS4 so I can get my completion!

• Like 1

Is it me or is Code Veronica REALLY hard? I remember it kicking my ass back on the day but I don't remember it ever stealing my lunch money too. I might be playing it wrong but I'm finding it to be a blend of both the original where ammo is scarce, but also 3 where enemies are littered everyone and not just areas where you can outmaneuver them. 

On 4/30/2020 at 0:06 AM, BestUsername---- said:

Is it me or is Code Veronica REALLY hard? I remember it kicking my ass back on the day but I don't remember it ever stealing my lunch money too. I might be playing it wrong but I'm finding it to be a blend of both the original where ammo is scarce, but also 3 where enemies are littered everyone and not just areas where you can outmaneuver them. 

It is pretty hard honestly.  There's also a lot of areas where you can easily get one shot if you're not careful.  But as I played it more and more I got more comfortable with it.  I also only tried to kill zombies in high traffic areas if that helps.  Save your big ammo too though (such as bow gun bullets or shotgun shells) for tougher enemies and bosses like the bandersnatches or hunters.  If all else fails you can always use the playing manual glitch to get infinite heals/ammo.

5 hours ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

Just dropping in with an update; I got the plat for RE2 :) 

Awesome job!  Here's your award!

hIW3STN.png

Small progress update on my RE journey: wrapped up my first playthrough of Revelations 2 on Vita last night. It took just over 10hrs to get through the episodic adventure, & most of that was crawling around with the non-combat partner to find hidden items.

I'm glad my first introduction to the series was on 2's remake instead of this one. Rev 2 was meant to be for consoles, but I had better expectations from ports like Borderlands 2. They kept the full CGI rendered cutscenes, & butchered the in game graphics. In a way that lends to the horror element, then gameplay wise it becomes a problem. Some enemies have very tiny weakspots; & even though I'm already familiar with controls of RE games,  it was still challenging. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do for countdown or invisible modes.

On the good side of things: I did enjoy the story. If I had to wait for each episode it'd really suck, but they make for great stopping points when playing. Otherwise, I'd be trying to rush. Juggling between Barry & Claire over different times is unique to the series & a great aspect. Puzzles were tame & fair. Loading scenes were long, but I never had any issues with crashes. I'd say don't go for it on Vita, unless like me, you prefer handhelds. Either way, it still did it's job of scaring me during boss battles.

Next up I think I'll play through the 2 bonus episodes for BP to unlock skills. Then tackle medals, countdown & invisible modes. The game gets easier the more you unlock in the skill tree, so by the time I get to the special modes it should look more doable.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:18 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Small progress update on my RE journey: wrapped up my first playthrough of Revelations 2 on Vita last night. It took just over 10hrs to get through the episodic adventure, & most of that was crawling around with the non-combat partner to find hidden items.

I'm glad my first introduction to the series was on 2's remake instead of this one. Rev 2 was meant to be for consoles, but I had better expectations from ports like Borderlands 2. They kept the full CGI rendered cutscenes, & butchered the in game graphics. In a way that lends to the horror element, then gameplay wise it becomes a problem. Some enemies have very tiny weakspots; & even though I'm already familiar with controls of RE games,  it was still challenging. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do for countdown or invisible modes.

On the good side of things: I did enjoy the story. If I had to wait for each episode it'd really suck, but they make for great stopping points when playing. Otherwise, I'd be trying to rush. Juggling between Barry & Claire over different times is unique to the series & a great aspect. Puzzles were tame & fair. Loading scenes were long, but I never had any issues with crashes. I'd say don't go for it on Vita, unless like me, you prefer handhelds. Either way, it still did it's job of scaring me during boss battles.

Next up I think I'll play through the 2 bonus episodes for BP to unlock skills. Then tackle medals, countdown & invisible modes. The game gets easier the more you unlock in the skill tree, so by the time I get to the special modes it should look more doable.

Nice!  Great job!  I just downloaded this one to my Vita but I'm still wrapping up 4 so I haven't tried it yet.  It sounds interesting though.  I'll probably play through the PS4 version first though and then come back to the Vita version to get a double plat (if it's not too much of a pain in the butt).  Best of luck to you on completing it though.

Ok, this sounds interesting :o.

I own:

RE 0 = haven't even started it. But I intend to the get the :platinum:. at some point.

RE 1 Remake = started it but haven't gotten far. Still, same deal as RE 0.

RE 5 = got the Platinum years ago, but it has missing timestamps so IDK if it counts.

RE 6 = same deal as RE 5.

RE Revelations = finished the campaing time ago + same deal as RE 0 & 1.

RE Revelations 2 = haven't made much progress but same deal as 0, 1 & Revelations 1 once I finish the campaign.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 4:55 PM, IceSoul21 said:

Ok, this sounds interesting :o.

I own:

RE 0 = haven't even started it. But I intend to the get the :platinum:. at some point.

RE 1 Remake = started it but haven't gotten far. Still, same deal as RE 0.

RE 5 = got the Platinum years ago, but it has missing timestamps so IDK if it counts.

RE 6 = same deal as RE 5.

RE Revelations = finished the campaing time ago + same deal as RE 0 & 1.

RE Revelations 2 = haven't made much progress but same deal as 0, 1 & Revelations 1 once I finish the campaign.

Sorry about the delay!  Thanks for joining and welcome!  As far as timestamps go, that's fine.  Here are your awards and best of luck finishing the rest of the series!

@IceSoul21

Spoiler

A8LFiZx.pngpf0LQOL.png

On 5/7/2020 at 7:24 PM, TomoTakino said:

Nice!  Great job!  I just downloaded this one to my Vita but I'm still wrapping up 4 so I haven't tried it yet.  It sounds interesting though.  I'll probably play through the PS4 version first though and then come back to the Vita version to get a double plat (if it's not too much of a pain in the butt).  Best of luck to you on completing it though.

Good call. See how you feel about the medal requirements on PS4 first, because once episode 1 is started, there's a damn near guaranteed trophy for a companion take down. Hope you enjoy it enough to try the Vita version (might as well since you got it) with all those other RE completions, it shouldn't be too difficult.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/06/2020 at 1:15 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I'll be moving onto Resident Evil Resistance next!

Yeah, about that... I started the game with a friend of mine but had no idea how unforgiving the game was for new players. It seems next to impossible at this point for low level players to win a match. It's a shame too because there was a match or two where we weren't defeated pretty much instantly and I enjoyed it. This is a rare occurrence in my experience though. Not only that, but the matchmaking takes a while. It sucks to wait like 10 minutes to get into a match only to be defeated 2 minutes in because the Mastermind is a much higher level. I'm not surprised so few people are playing it when it's balanced this way. So yeah, unfortunately it looks like I'll be dropping the game.

EDIT: I decided to stick with it after all and ended up having a much better time with the game. New players are still at a massive disadvantage, but I was able to find some good teammates that basically carried me. Hopefully this continues until I earn enough RP and level up enough to the point where I can stand on my own two feet. I've seen some good builds that I'll try and replicate myself. The game can be a lot of fun under the right conditions.

Edited by Undead Wolf

On 6/15/2020 at 8:39 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, about that... I started the game with a friend of mine but had no idea how unforgiving the game was for new players. It seems next to impossible at this point for low level players to win a match. It's a shame too because there was a match or two where we weren't defeated pretty much instantly and I enjoyed it. This is a rare occurrence in my experience though. Not only that, but the matchmaking takes a while. It sucks to wait like 10 minutes to get into a match only to be defeated 2 minutes in because the Mastermind is a much higher level. I'm not surprised so few people are playing it when it's balanced this way. So yeah, unfortunately it looks like I'll be dropping the game.

EDIT: I decided to stick with it after all and ended up having a much better time with the game. New players are still at a massive disadvantage, but I was able to find some good teammates that basically carried me. Hopefully this continues until I earn enough RP and level up enough to the point where I can stand on my own two feet. I've seen some good builds that I'll try and replicate myself. The game can be a lot of fun under the right conditions.

Yikes, that bad?  I was thinking of starting that at some point in the future but if it's that bad already that's kind of worrying.  I would have hoped they'd offer more matchmaking options to pair you up with newer players but that sounds like a bad oversight.  Best of luck to you and congrats on the RE3 plat!

@Undead Wolf

Spoiler

r6qPI7z.png

On 6/21/2020 at 9:09 PM, danceswithsloths said:

Got the RE5 (PS3) platinum today. There was some stuff I liked about this game, but overall I enjoyed it far less than the other REs I've played so far.

Awesome job!  RE5 kind of burnt me out on the series for a while.  Are you gonna go for the DLC now?

@danceswithsloths

Spoiler

g327Lvf.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Yikes, that bad?  I was thinking of starting that at some point in the future but if it's that bad already that's kind of worrying.  I would have hoped they'd offer more matchmaking options to pair you up with newer players but that sounds like a bad oversight.  Best of luck to you and congrats on the RE3 plat!

@Undead Wolf

Reveal hidden contents

r6qPI7z.png

Awesome job!  RE5 kind of burnt me out on the series for a while.  Are you gonna go for the DLC now?

@danceswithsloths

Hide contents

g327Lvf.png

Not currently, I'm gonna do RE6 and RE3 plats next. Maybe I'll come back for the DLCs at some point :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Yikes, that bad?  I was thinking of starting that at some point in the future but if it's that bad already that's kind of worrying.  I would have hoped they'd offer more matchmaking options to pair you up with newer players but that sounds like a bad oversight. 

It's definitely a struggle in the beginning, especially because the game doesn't do a great job at explaining things. You're at a huge disadvantage since you don't have access to the good skills, and at this point, it feels like the majority of players you come across know the maps and strategies inside out. You really do have to rely on being carried by other players for a while and I wouldn't even bother playing as a Mastermind yourself until you've acquired some of the better skills. Even now with probably like 30 hours clocked into the game, as a Survivor, I find myself coming across high level Masterminds that absolutely dominate and there's not much you can do to stop them. If you plan on staring the game, I would definitely recommend you do that sooner rather than later because it's only going to get worse as time goes on. I'm making the game sound like a miserable experience, but once you get familiar with the game and have some decent builds (this YouTube channel is good for that), the game can be a lot of fun.

4 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Best of luck to you and congrats on the RE3 plat!

Thank you! I've done all the character-specific trophies for the Survivors now. Just got to down 3 bioweapons in one match and then I can move onto the Mastermind stuff which is no doubt going to be stressful. ?

• Like 1