Let's Play Resident Evil

On 6/29/2020 at 8:10 AM, bogaards1997 said:

I'd like to join too.

I already got the platinums in 0,1,2,5,6,7,Revelations 1&2

Of course!  Thanks for joining, it's good to see you again!  You're nearly a master in this topic too, just need the DLC and RE3/4/CVX.  Have fun with Persona 5 though, I've been wanting to play that for a while but I'm playing a couple of other RPGs atm and I don't want to spread myself too thin on them.  Here's your awards!

Spoiler

Qa0seQD.png9wDIL1E.png9PuGacG.pngzOJ5TDt.pngX5z5QSb.pngC6FWHmf.png9Twy9RN.pngrQeWu0A.png

I have the plats of:

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil Revelations 2

100% Resident Evil 4

Soon will be working on Re7 and hopefully later this year I can play Re3 Remake. Cheers all :platinum:

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NordicSaiyan said:

I have the plats of:

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil Revelations 2

100% Resident Evil 4

Soon will be working on Re7 and hopefully later this year I can play Re3 Remake. Cheers all :platinum:

Cool, thanks for joining!  Nice name btw.  Hopefully you enjoy RE3 remake.  I did but it was definitely mixed for a lot of people.  Here's your awards!

Spoiler

fEkJQoZ.pngjtBbFoH.pngQUsAeZe.pngjhHJmkO.pngU0cOjCR.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Cool, thanks for joining!  Nice name btw.  Hopefully you enjoy RE3 remake.  I did but it was definitely mixed for a lot of people.  Here's your awards!

Reveal hidden contents

fEkJQoZ.pngjtBbFoH.pngQUsAeZe.pngjhHJmkO.pngU0cOjCR.png

Thank you very much ?

It was a rough start, but I managed to get the RE Resistance plat in the end. It's quite a relief too because getting those trophies stressed me out. ? They are very situational - you have to get lucky that the Survivors/Mastermind does what you need them to.

I can see myself coming back to the game from time to time just for fun. As for the next RE game I'm going to play, that will be The Darkside Chronicles, probably some time this year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 7:13 AM, Undead Wolf said:

It was a rough start, but I managed to get the RE Resistance plat in the end. It's quite a relief too because getting those trophies stressed me out. 1f605.png They are very situational - you have to get lucky that the Survivors/Mastermind does what you need them to.

I can see myself coming back to the game from time to time just for fun. As for the next RE game I'm going to play, that will be The Darkside Chronicles, probably some time this year.

Nice job!  That was quick and so far, you're the only earner of the Resistance plat!  That's an awesome plat to have and it sounds like it was well earned.  Have fun with Persona btw!  It seems like several members of the thread are enjoying that game.  After I get the Far Cry 4 plat, I may hop on and start it.  Here's your award!

@Undead Wolf

Spoiler

i6Uni9P.png

• Like 1

On 10/07/2020 at 7:35 PM, TomoTakino said:

Nice job!  That was quick and so far, you're the only earner of the Resistance plat!  That's an awesome plat to have and it sounds like it was well earned.  Have fun with Persona btw!  It seems like several members of the thread are enjoying that game.  After I get the Far Cry 4 plat, I may hop on and start it.  Here's your award!

@Undead Wolf

Hide contents

i6Uni9P.png

Thank you! Oh wow, I'm surprised nobody else has the Resistance plat yet. Not many multiplayer lovers here I take it? ? Just finished Persona 5 Royal today in fact and it was amazing! The original was already one of my favourites and now it's even better. The new additions were great. I'll leave it at that before I get too off topic, haha. ? I hope you enjoy it yourself!

• Like 1

I got the Platinum in both Resistance and RE3 now. Like mentioned above the Resistance trophies could be pretty stressful, especially the Master Mind ones although the one for beating the Bioweapon three times as the Survivors required pretty much everything to go the way you wanted or just get really lucky. Mostly a mix of both.

RE3's only real difficult part was doing Inferno difficulty and the main threat there was having to replay 20 minutes because you can only save five times for the S Rank. The final boss was made easier by standing in a corner since I guess that makes it harder to reach you and limits the attacks it can do. Otherwise going out of the corner means getting stun-locked. I did like the game overall though, even if not as much as RE2 Remake. I'm not sure how I would feel though if I played the original since I know the changes bothered a lot of fans.

• Like 3

Got the plat in Resident Evil 6 for the PS4 today. Overall I would say I enjoyed this more than 5, but I could hardly call it a horror game. A fun action game though lol.

Next RE game will be the 3 remake, but I will be doing some quick clean up of the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance platinums first probably.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2020 at 7:46 PM, Redgrave said:

I got the Platinum in both Resistance and RE3 now. Like mentioned above the Resistance trophies could be pretty stressful, especially the Master Mind ones although the one for beating the Bioweapon three times as the Survivors required pretty much everything to go the way you wanted or just get really lucky. Mostly a mix of both.

RE3's only real difficult part was doing Inferno difficulty and the main threat there was having to replay 20 minutes because you can only save five times for the S Rank. The final boss was made easier by standing in a corner since I guess that makes it harder to reach you and limits the attacks it can do. Otherwise going out of the corner means getting stun-locked. I did like the game overall though, even if not as much as RE2 Remake. I'm not sure how I would feel though if I played the original since I know the changes bothered a lot of fans.

Congrats!  Awesome job with the plats!  And yes, Inferno was the only time I had difficulty mainly cause I had to time the dodges just right pretty much perfectly on said final boss.  Other than that it was an enjoyable game and I had a lot of fun with it, glad to hear you did too.  What's next for you?

@Redgrave

Spoiler

yuWwOO4.png83GoPIc.png

On 7/13/2020 at 10:11 PM, danceswithsloths said:

Got the plat in Resident Evil 6 for the PS4 today. Overall I would say I enjoyed this more than 5, but I could hardly call it a horror game. A fun action game though lol.

Next RE game will be the 3 remake, but I will be doing some quick clean up of the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance platinums first probably.

Awesome job!  I got about 3/4 through 5 but it burnt me out on the series for a while so maybe I'll like 6 better (but all those playthroughs are throwing me off lol).  And good luck with the UA plats!  I used to love those games and they're ones that I bust out to play with friends every so often.

@danceswithsloths

Spoiler

yAaM8dA.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Congrats!  Awesome job with the plats!  And yes, Inferno was the only time I had difficulty mainly cause I had to time the dodges just right pretty much perfectly on said final boss.  Other than that it was an enjoyable game and I had a lot of fun with it, glad to hear you did too.  What's next for you?

Thanks :) And with the corner method I didn't have to dodge as much and I assume because of the distance he did his more telegraphed attacks. But yeah there were cool moments in the game too, like going into the RPD building as Carlos and seeing how he's technically responsible for some of the damage done to it :P

As for what's next I aimed for it to be Control to wait for Ghost of Tsushima but I think I'll only manage to beat the story to Control since I guess the grind for it is a bit longer than I thought but it's supposed to be an easy game so I'll just go back to it later.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Resident Evil 2 has been 100% completed. Went back & finished those raid & survival scenarios. I'll share my most exciting one, don't worry, nothing really to spoil here with story content.

The sheriff's scenario was the most difficult challenge to survive in such a small area with waves of a 100 zombies, of all different types, as they try & tear your throat out. On my first attempt I killed 76 before failing, then improved slightly to 87. Then I stupidly decided to quit for the night & try again fresh the next day. That attempt reached a whopping 15 zombies.

So I thought I had my work cut out for me learning the waves & hoping for decent RNG. On my fourth run, the earlier small waves saw a blessed luck at avoiding being poisoned, but when I hit the 71 kill mark, things started to go south. I started getting grabbed & then every zombie in the room clusters around you & I was sure this run was going to end very soon. So as luck would have it, a well placed explosive zombie crisply saved my bacon.

Fast forward to the last wave with streaming zombies coming in & I got stuck in like a triple animation of grabs, somehow managed to use my last healing item. Though I was completely surrounded at this point with the counter at 91 kills. Saw an explosive zombie & tried to aim for him, he instead grabbed me, which if you play the game you know means he dropped his pack. So now it was a matter of pulling off one final shot amidst a crowd of zombies... you're talkin' I was about to have a heart attack being this close to surviving the wave. I found the explosive pack on the ground, took aim, prayed hit detection would not hit any of the pair of legs surrounding it, & fired.

The pack exploded & the counter jumped to 98. Health is in the red at this point & I can hear the last 2 zombies somewhere close by & I don't know what the hell I have left for weapons. If they're armored or poisoned or if it's that blind super-speedy white one, then I'm screwed regardless. I took a breather in the inventory menu & found I had three spark shots left. Great. They take time, but can also kill anything. A fat zombie burst through the front door ahead of me & I immediately catch it in the spark shot's charge. I can hear that final zombie scurrying around heading my way while I wait for the meter to fill. It may only take a few seconds, but when you can hear another zombie somewhere behind you in a dark enclosed space, that's still takes way too damn long to charge. Luck was seriously on my side this run as the fat zombie exploded & I whirled around to find that final one. He was nowhere in sight. I started slowly creeping forward & around isles looking for him. The AI had glitched out & was running into a corner wall. Such a forgiving run.

Not sure yet if I'll look into purchasing a new RE game or go back to Revelations 2. I'll just keep y'all updated when I finish something. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 9:00 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Resident Evil 2 has been 100% completed. Went back & finished those raid & survival scenarios. I'll share my most exciting one, don't worry, nothing really to spoil here with story content.

The sheriff's scenario was the most difficult challenge to survive in such a small area with waves of a 100 zombies, of all different types, as they try & tear your throat out. On my first attempt I killed 76 before failing, then improved slightly to 87. Then I stupidly decided to quit for the night & try again fresh the next day. That attempt reached a whopping 15 zombies.

So I thought I had my work cut out for me learning the waves & hoping for decent RNG. On my fourth run, the earlier small waves saw a blessed luck at avoiding being poisoned, but when I hit the 71 kill mark, things started to go south. I started getting grabbed & then every zombie in the room clusters around you & I was sure this run was going to end very soon. So as luck would have it, a well placed explosive zombie crisply saved my bacon.

Fast forward to the last wave with streaming zombies coming in & I got stuck in like a triple animation of grabs, somehow managed to use my last healing item. Though I was completely surrounded at this point with the counter at 91 kills. Saw an explosive zombie & tried to aim for him, he instead grabbed me, which if you play the game you know means he dropped his pack. So now it was a matter of pulling off one final shot amidst a crowd of zombies... you're talkin' I was about to have a heart attack being this close to surviving the wave. I found the explosive pack on the ground, took aim, prayed hit detection would not hit any of the pair of legs surrounding it, & fired.

The pack exploded & the counter jumped to 98. Health is in the red at this point & I can hear the last 2 zombies somewhere close by & I don't know what the hell I have left for weapons. If they're armored or poisoned or if it's that blind super-speedy white one, then I'm screwed regardless. I took a breather in the inventory menu & found I had three spark shots left. Great. They take time, but can also kill anything. A fat zombie burst through the front door ahead of me & I immediately catch it in the spark shot's charge. I can hear that final zombie scurrying around heading my way while I wait for the meter to fill. It may only take a few seconds, but when you can hear another zombie somewhere behind you in a dark enclosed space, that's still takes way too damn long to charge. Luck was seriously on my side this run as the fat zombie exploded & I whirled around to find that final one. He was nowhere in sight. I started slowly creeping forward & around isles looking for him. The AI had glitched out & was running into a corner wall. Such a forgiving run.

Not sure yet if I'll look into purchasing a new RE game or go back to Revelations 2. I'll just keep y'all updated when I finish something. 

Congrats!  That's really awesome and I enjoyed the storytelling!  I've tried that freaking trophy countless times and I always get to 60-80 and lose then get frustrated and quit.  Very well deserved gold award!  Best of luck with your next project whether that's Rev 2 or a different one.  (P.S. Thanks for letting me join the backlog event!)

FlJ42Q5.png 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Resident Evil 3 Remake for PS4 yesterday. Was a lot of fun for sure, but not as good as the 2 remake. 

So far I think 2 might be my favorite. I have heard great things about RE4 though, so I am very excited for the remake. I'll be doing some backlog clean up for a bit, but I'm thinking about Revelations as my next RE game after that. Played it on my 3DS when it came out and really liked it so it should be great. Or maybe 0? is RE:0 good?

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, danceswithsloths said:

Finished the Resident Evil 3 Remake for PS4 yesterday. Was a lot of fun for sure, but not as good as the 2 remake. 

So far I think 2 might be my favorite. I have heard great things about RE4 though, so I am very excited for the remake. I'll be doing some backlog clean up for a bit, but I'm thinking about Revelations as my next RE game after that. Played it on my 3DS when it came out and really liked it so it should be great. Or maybe 0? is RE:0 good?

Awesome!  I very much enjoyed the RE3 remake but I agree, 2 was better.  RE4 is very fun, I just beat the game for the first time recently and it's worth playing through (though my favorite is still either RE1 remake or RE2 remake).  RE0 is great if you like the old style but it can be frustrating as the gameplay revolves around switching characters mainly (and there's no item storage).  Worth playing though especially if you like the old style RE games.  Best of luck with your backlog!  Here's your award!

Vohh7IS.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome!  I very much enjoyed the RE3 remake but I agree, 2 was better.  RE4 is very fun, I just beat the game for the first time recently and it's worth playing through (though my favorite is still either RE1 remake or RE2 remake).  RE0 is great if you like the old style but it can be frustrating as the gameplay revolves around switching characters mainly (and there's no item storage).  Worth playing though especially if you like the old style RE games.  Best of luck with your backlog!  Here's your award!

Vohh7IS.png

Thanks!

That does sound somewhat frustrating for 0. No item box, with the classic RE style? I'll definitely have to look up some vids and stuff of it before I make up my mind.

• Like 1

I can't believe I just found about this now, but I am a big RE fan so of course I'm in lol

Here is my list with 100% completed games:

Resident Evil 0: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil Remake: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil 2 Remake: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil 3 Remake: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil 4: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil 5: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil: Revelation 2: 100% (PS4) 

As for the rest:

Resident Evil 6: 58%, got the platinum, hoping one day to get 100%

Resident Evil 7: 77%, got the platinum, gave up on 100%, but I may go back to try again

I'm definitely getting Code Veronica X on PS4 once it's on sale. I've been postponing that for a long time.

I wish I can get RE games on PS3, but I don't have the console unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Welcome guys to the thread!  Glad to have you both here!

10 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Thanks!

That does sound somewhat frustrating for 0. No item box, with the classic RE style? I'll definitely have to look up some vids and stuff of it before I make up my mind.

Yes, it can get pretty frustrating at times but if you liked the style of RE 1-3, it's worth checking out.  But there's a lot of juggling items between the two playable characters and dropping items on the ground.  Plus a lot of puzzles involve switching between the two characters, which can get kind of tedious.  If it were like RE1 where you could play as Rebecca or Billy and used a standard item box, that would have made this game a lot less frustrating in my opinion.  Check out those vids and see if it's your style but I'd say it's still worth a playthrough.

10 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I can't believe I just found about this now, but I am a big RE fan so of course I'm in lol

Here is my list with 100% completed games:

Resident Evil 0: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil Remake: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil 2 Remake: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil 3 Remake: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil 4: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil 5: 100% (PS4) 

Resident Evil: Revelation 2: 100% (PS4) 

As for the rest:

Resident Evil 6: 58%, got the platinum, hoping one day to get 100%

Resident Evil 7: 77%, got the platinum, gave up on 100%, but I may go back to try again

I'm definitely getting Code Veronica X on PS4 once it's on sale. I've been postponing that for a long time.

I wish I can get RE games on PS3, but I don't have the console unfortunately. 

Welcome!  Always great to have more people in the thread!  CVX is a lot of fun and the PS4 version has a platinum.  Just be forewarned the A rank trophy is somewhat strict if you're unfamiliar with the game.  Have you played the PS4 version of Revelations 1?  I started it on PS3 but haven't played much of it (currently on RE4).  You've got the plats for the entire main series though, awesome job!  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

oNzECjX.pnga1WWeit.pngLh1tK9N.pngcATU7KK.pngMIdGxc5.pngX1WCXne.pngRePW9Vu.pngTv8LJdf.pngF1cEc87.pngr8qvdnx.pngzfCEPsx.png

10 hours ago, ZombHunter13 said:

I would like to join please. I have the platinums for the ps3 variants of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6, and Resident Evil 5 is 100% done

Of course, welcome to the thread!  Great to have you here!  Awesome job getting 100% on RE5!  I'm hoping to play through that soon when I finish RE4.  Are there any more in the series you plan to play?  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

IDNKM64.pngBixPhAg.png6JHFauc.png

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Of course, welcome to the thread!  Great to have you here!  Awesome job getting 100% on RE5!  I'm hoping to play through that soon when I finish RE4.  Are there any more in the series you plan to play?  Here are your awards!

Thank you! I want to play and platinum all of the main entry games and Revelations 1 and 2 and CV.  I don’t see myself picking up Umbrella Corps and I’m gonna play Resistance just for fun and not worry about the platinum. Right now I’m working on Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 4, and close to plat on Resident Evil 6. 
Edit:Also have to get a PS3 again and I’ll do the Chronicles. It’s one of my all time favorite series so I want to do everything I can with it lol.

Edited by ZombHunter13
Forgot that certain titles existed
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:51 AM, TomoTakino said:

Welcome guys to the thread!  Glad to have you both here!

Yes, it can get pretty frustrating at times but if you liked the style of RE 1-3, it's worth checking out.  But there's a lot of juggling items between the two playable characters and dropping items on the ground.  Plus a lot of puzzles involve switching between the two characters, which can get kind of tedious.  If it were like RE1 where you could play as Rebecca or Billy and used a standard item box, that would have made this game a lot less frustrating in my opinion.  Check out those vids and see if it's your style but I'd say it's still worth a playthrough.

Welcome!  Always great to have more people in the thread!  CVX is a lot of fun and the PS4 version has a platinum.  Just be forewarned the A rank trophy is somewhat strict if you're unfamiliar with the game.  Have you played the PS4 version of Revelations 1?  I started it on PS3 but haven't played much of it (currently on RE4).  You've got the plats for the entire main series though, awesome job!  Here are your awards!

Reveal hidden contents

oNzECjX.pnga1WWeit.pngLh1tK9N.pngcATU7KK.pngMIdGxc5.pngX1WCXne.pngRePW9Vu.pngTv8LJdf.pngF1cEc87.pngr8qvdnx.pngzfCEPsx.png

Reveal hidden contents

IDNKM64.pngBixPhAg.png6JHFauc.png

Thank you very much! It looks awesome! 

Yeah, I read a lot about the port and notice that the A rank = S rank. I also have NA PS4, so I should be good, cause there is a lag on the European for some reason that makes it difficult to finish certain challenges for the platinum. It's a shame that it's not the HD version, as that is what most RE fans recommend. 

I tried Revelations 1 on my PC. I'm not really into it and the grinding in raid mode for the platinum isn't really my thing in RE games, so I may skip that. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey guys!  I hope everyone is well!  Things have been hectic for the last few months but they're finally settling down a bit.  As you all are likely aware, Resident Evil 8 will be releasing very shortly along with a new multiplayer game Re:verse.  So in preparation for their releases, I've created new awards for them!  They're shown below:

Spoiler

yqQsrqt.pngImI0sF9.pngdzfnA5O.pngeZz66dY.png

I wanted to create a new ammo outline for PS5 but to be honest, I couldn't find any stock or freeware outlines that looked cool or worked very well so I kept the shotgun look.  Please feel free to let me know if you have any ideas or comments!  I've also created gold versions of them in preparation for any possible DLC trophies (I'm 95% sure RE8 will at least have them) but to be honest, I will likely keep those unavailable until it's somewhat confirmed that no more DLC will be releasing.

Hope you all are doing well and I'll see you when Village comes out!  (I know I'm glad it's coming to PS4 or I wouldn't be able to play it).

Hi Tomo! I came to join your second let's play thread.

So far I have

-Resident Evil 0 (100%)

-Resident Evil (100%)

-Resident Evil 2 (100%)

-Resident Evil 3 (100%)

-Resident Evil 4 (100%)

-Resident Evil 5 (Platinum and 86%)

-Resident Evil 6 (Platinum and 58%)

I plan on completing 7, 8 and Code Veronica sometime this year. (Also congrats on the Kiwami and 0 plats, keep it up!)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Clarink said:

Hi Tomo! I came to join your second let's play thread.

So far I have

-Resident Evil 0 (100%)

-Resident Evil (100%)

-Resident Evil 2 (100%)

-Resident Evil 3 (100%)

-Resident Evil 4 (100%)

-Resident Evil 5 (Platinum and 86%)

-Resident Evil 6 (Platinum and 58%)

I plan on completing 7, 8 and Code Veronica sometime this year. (Also congrats on the Kiwami and 0 plats, keep it up!)

Awesome!  You have great taste, thanks for joining the thread here too!  Great to have you.  And thanks for the kind words!  Hopefully I can keep the momentum going with Yakuza 3.  Best of luck with the rest of the RE series as well.  Hopefully you enjoy RE7 and CVX (I really enjoyed both of them) and I know I'm looking forward to 8 as well.  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

K16BoGR.pngpm1l0CL.pngjpyK5pU.pngcun73ND.pnglwBxkTo.pngYHAQsl8.png1YeiVQN.pngTNbkvVG.png

13 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

I added RE3 to my list! :)

Awesome job!  What did you think of it?  I liked it a lot but it definitely could used a bit longer to add more of the missing content.  Great job though with the completion!  Are you starting 4 or 7 soon?  Here's your award!

Spoiler

h61IDX8.png

• Like 1