Let's Play Resident Evil

Wow, it's almost been a year since I last posted in this thread. I had no idea it had been that long! But anyway, I'm posting here today because I finally played and got the 100% in The Darkside Chronicles. According to the in-game stats, it took me 57 hours in total. It's a game that definitely deserved a full trophy list with a platinum, so it's a bit disappointing in that sense, but at least I got a few UR trophies out of it. ? Oh, and I guess I qualify for the Masters of Unlocking title now?

GW4fkMU.png

As for The Darkside Chronicles, I enjoyed it quite a bit, probably even more than The Umbrella Chronicles. It's funny playing this *after* the release of Resident Evil 2 (2019) since this game technically remade RE2 first. It obviously doesn't hold a candle to the 2019 remake, but it was cool experiencing both RE2 and Code Veronica in a different way. They definitely take some liberties, especially since you permanently have a companion in this game, while in the original RE2 and Code Veronica, you would split up and be alone most of the time. There's also a totally new campaign in The Darkside Chronicles referred to as Operation Javier. It's all about Leon and Krauser, showing what their relationship used to be like and attempting to explain why Krauser ended up the way he did. It's not amazing by any means, but as a long-time RE fan, I loved seeing backstory like this in an actual game. I was also really impressed with the cutscenes in this game. They look really good!

My only real gripe with this game is that they went a bit overboard with the camera shake which made it hard to aim. Thankfully, you can use the same pause trick from The Umbrella Chronicles which makes it a lot less of a hassle to get headshots. You need a lot of those to get the S ranks in each level. The trophy list is a bit deceptive-looking since there's one for collecting all the archives, which isn't just collectibles, but there's a whole in-game trophy list of sorts called titles that you need to obtain all of. Stuff like completing the game on all the difficulties, getting a certain amount of kills, beat missions on Hard without dying, etc. The 100% isn't all that difficult, but it sure it tedious, especially with the big gold grind required to upgrade all the weapons (also a title). I repeated the final mission an ungodly amount of times... ? 

But yeah, that's pretty much all my thoughts on the game. Since I'm giving Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps a pass due to my distaste of boosting sessions, the next RE game on the agenda is RE8. Like I mentioned elsewhere though, I'm waiting until I own a PS5 to play the superior version, and who knows how long that will take given the stock situation? ? I guess I wouldn't be opposed to playing Re:Verse which comes out soon, but it depends on what the trophy list is like. Not gonna commit to that until the full game is out.

• Like 3

I'm working through the assassins creed series for this entire year. Getting close to being done and Resident Evil has been on my radar. Might go with something a bit short and sweet though before I come back to this series.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:21 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Wow, it's almost been a year since I last posted in this thread. I had no idea it had been that long! But anyway, I'm posting here today because I finally played and got the 100% in The Darkside Chronicles. According to the in-game stats, it took me 57 hours in total. It's a game that definitely deserved a full trophy list with a platinum, so it's a bit disappointing in that sense, but at least I got a few UR trophies out of it. 1f61b.png Oh, and I guess I qualify for the Masters of Unlocking title now?

GW4fkMU.png

As for The Darkside Chronicles, I enjoyed it quite a bit, probably even more than The Umbrella Chronicles. It's funny playing this *after* the release of Resident Evil 2 (2019) since this game technically remade RE2 first. It obviously doesn't hold a candle to the 2019 remake, but it was cool experiencing both RE2 and Code Veronica in a different way. They definitely take some liberties, especially since you permanently have a companion in this game, while in the original RE2 and Code Veronica, you would split up and be alone most of the time. There's also a totally new campaign in The Darkside Chronicles referred to as Operation Javier. It's all about Leon and Krauser, showing what their relationship used to be like and attempting to explain why Krauser ended up the way he did. It's not amazing by any means, but as a long-time RE fan, I loved seeing backstory like this in an actual game. I was also really impressed with the cutscenes in this game. They look really good!

My only real gripe with this game is that they went a bit overboard with the camera shake which made it hard to aim. Thankfully, you can use the same pause trick from The Umbrella Chronicles which makes it a lot less of a hassle to get headshots. You need a lot of those to get the S ranks in each level. The trophy list is a bit deceptive-looking since there's one for collecting all the archives, which isn't just collectibles, but there's a whole in-game trophy list of sorts called titles that you need to obtain all of. Stuff like completing the game on all the difficulties, getting a certain amount of kills, beat missions on Hard without dying, etc. The 100% isn't all that difficult, but it sure it tedious, especially with the big gold grind required to upgrade all the weapons (also a title). I repeated the final mission an ungodly amount of times... 1f605.png 

But yeah, that's pretty much all my thoughts on the game. Since I'm giving Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps a pass due to my distaste of boosting sessions, the next RE game on the agenda is RE8. Like I mentioned elsewhere though, I'm waiting until I own a PS5 to play the superior version, and who knows how long that will take given the stock situation? 1f61b.png I guess I wouldn't be opposed to playing Re:Verse which comes out soon, but it depends on what the trophy list is like. Not gonna commit to that until the full game is out.

How tough was Resistance and the Chronicles games in your opinion?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Maddawgmax said:

How tough was Resistance and the Chronicles games in your opinion?

The Chronicles games aren't that tough honestly. Maybe like a 5/10 for Darkside Chronicles and a 6/10 for Umbrella Chronicles because that had a sightly harder bonus mission from what I remember. Resistance was a real pain in the ass to plat because it's an online game with some horrible balancing/matchmaking issues. I don't know how feasible it is to boost the game, but a lot of the trophies are very situational, so playing with randoms like I did means you have to cross your fingers and hope they do what you need them to do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The Chronicles games aren't that tough honestly. Maybe like a 5/10 for Darkside Chronicles and a 6/10 for Umbrella Chronicles because that had a sightly harder bonus mission from what I remember. Resistance was a real pain in the ass to plat because it's an online game with some horrible balancing/matchmaking issues. I don't know how feasible it is to boost the game, but a lot of the trophies are very situational, so playing with randoms like I did means you have to cross your fingers and hope they do what you need them to do.

I know your asking someone else but I can say that darkside chronicles is harder than umbrella chronicles as the tofu mode of darkside is annoying the zombie head mode is easy your able to use a sharpshooter ps move controller right as all the enemies die in a head shot while tofu you need to break the whole body up and it becomes annoying. same with the fact you need all awards and the last 4 levels that are bonuses are annoying and comes down to trial and error on darkside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lonemankane said:

I know your asking someone else but I can say that darkside chronicles is harder than umbrella chronicles as the tofu mode of darkside is annoying the zombie head mode is easy your able to use a sharpshooter ps move controller right as all the enemies die in a head shot while tofu you need to break the whole body up and it becomes annoying. same with the fact you need all awards and the last 4 levels that are bonuses are annoying and comes down to trial and error on darkside.

The tofu mode is annoying, but I felt like it was less hectic and had more room for error than the special stage in Umbrella Chronicles. Maybe it had something to do with me using the DualShock 3 and not a Move controller, I dunno. The titles in Darkside Chronicles aren't difficult, it just takes a while to get them all. It's definitely a longer 100% than Umbrella Chronicles, I just don't think it's more difficult. It has been a couple years since I played it though, so my memory's a bit hazy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The tofu mode is annoying, but I felt like it was less hectic and had more room for error than the special stage in Umbrella Chronicles. Maybe it had something to do with me using the DualShock 3 and not a Move controller, I dunno. The titles in Darkside Chronicles aren't difficult, it just takes a while to get them all. It's definitely a longer 100% than Umbrella Chronicles, I just don't think it's more difficult. It has been a couple years since I played it though, so my memory's a bit hazy.

well the controller is best to use on umbrella chronicles plus the enemies in that is easier if you ask me that is.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 7:21 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Wow, it's almost been a year since I last posted in this thread. I had no idea it had been that long! But anyway, I'm posting here today because I finally played and got the 100% in The Darkside Chronicles. According to the in-game stats, it took me 57 hours in total. It's a game that definitely deserved a full trophy list with a platinum, so it's a bit disappointing in that sense, but at least I got a few UR trophies out of it. 1f61b.png Oh, and I guess I qualify for the Masters of Unlocking title now?

GW4fkMU.png

My only real gripe with this game is that they went a bit overboard with the camera shake which made it hard to aim. Thankfully, you can use the same pause trick from The Umbrella Chronicles which makes it a lot less of a hassle to get headshots. You need a lot of those to get the S ranks in each level. The trophy list is a bit deceptive-looking since there's one for collecting all the archives, which isn't just collectibles, but there's a whole in-game trophy list of sorts called titles that you need to obtain all of. Stuff like completing the game on all the difficulties, getting a certain amount of kills, beat missions on Hard without dying, etc. The 100% isn't all that difficult, but it sure it tedious, especially with the big gold grind required to upgrade all the weapons (also a title). I repeated the final mission an ungodly amount of times... 1f605.png 

But yeah, that's pretty much all my thoughts on the game. Since I'm giving Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps a pass due to my distaste of boosting sessions, the next RE game on the agenda is RE8. Like I mentioned elsewhere though, I'm waiting until I own a PS5 to play the superior version, and who knows how long that will take given the stock situation? 1f61b.png I guess I wouldn't be opposed to playing Re:Verse which comes out soon, but it depends on what the trophy list is like. Not gonna commit to that until the full game is out.

Yeah there was a bit of a lull after RE3 came out and before Village released and I know it's been a while since anyone really posted in this thread.  Speaking of, congrats on beating Darkside Chronicles but I haven't updated since Village came out (it's required now for Masters of Unlocking, sorry, I hope you don't think I'm intentionally trying to block you!).  I remember I really liked UC on Wii but playing it with a controller felt weird on PS3.  Never got a chance to play DC (though I have it on my PS3 waiting).  Glad to hear it was a lot of fun, even if the completion was tedious.  It was interesting reading your take on things and I'm surprised that they added lore into it as well.  And hopefully you can score a PS5 soon.  Village is a lot of fun and I'm curious on what your take on it will be.  Here is your award by the way!

@Undead Wolf

Spoiler

qa1QRFj.png

On 7/11/2021 at 11:27 AM, Lonemankane said:

Sign me up on this, I done in order of how it comes to my mind is.

• RE1 remake
  • RE2 remake
  • RE3 remake
  • RE4 100% both on ps3 and 4
  • RE Darkside and umbrelia chronicles both 100%
  • RE5 both got the plat on ps4 and 3
  • RE 7 plated
  • RE8

Welcome aboard and congrats on being the first one to earn the Village award!  Thanks for joining!  Here are your awards:

@Lonemankane

Spoiler

qYk9Ruw.pngx11HBjv.pngnbf5pdN.pngkrzqzTa.pngufHZdMB.pngYGShSu2.png1V3uhoZ.pngq1cIbKV.pngmfCfIHx.pngTAY9MCi.png4yiJiTf.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomoTakino said:

Welcome aboard and congrats on being the first one to earn the Village award!  Thanks for joining!  Here are your awards:

@Lonemankane

Reveal hidden contents

qYk9Ruw.pngx11HBjv.pngnbf5pdN.pngkrzqzTa.pngufHZdMB.pngYGShSu2.png1V3uhoZ.pngq1cIbKV.pngmfCfIHx.pngTAY9MCi.png4yiJiTf.png

Thanks, also putting it out there the rail gun games are a lot easier with the sharpshooter rifle it helps steady most of the game. Also plan to do dlc to re5 on ps3 some time along with re7 dlc and 2 and re 8 if it gets dlc, 6 is just a plat I will go for, also need to do OP racoon city and umbrella corp, might do the online game that came with re3 but not going to do re vis or whatever it is called. along with re0 and code x 

10 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Yeah there was a bit of a lull after RE3 came out and before Village released and I know it's been a while since anyone really posted in this thread.  Speaking of, congrats on beating Darkside Chronicles but I haven't updated since Village came out (it's required now for Masters of Unlocking, sorry, I hope you don't think I'm intentionally trying to block you!).  I remember I really liked UC on Wii but playing it with a controller felt weird on PS3.  Never got a chance to play DC (though I have it on my PS3 waiting).  Glad to hear it was a lot of fun, even if the completion was tedious.  It was interesting reading your take on things and I'm surprised that they added lore into it as well.  And hopefully you can score a PS5 soon.  Village is a lot of fun and I'm curious on what your take on it will be.  Here is your award by the way!

Oh no, it's fine! It makes sense that Village would be required for Masters of Unlocking. It completely slipped my mind for some reason. ? Thanks for the award! I shall put it with the others. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!  It's been quite a while, I just wanted to pop in and mention that this thread is still available for new people to join if you're interested in playing the RE series (or have already done so).  If you're already a member and you've earned new platinums/100%s, please post your updates and collect your new rewards!  Thanks!

Hopefully I’m understanding this post correctly.

I’ve Platinumed & gotten the DLC trophies (if applicable) for:

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Resident Evil 3 Remake

Resident Evil 7

Resident Evil (8) Village

I currently have all but one trophy in Resident Evil 4 (PS4) for completing the game on Professional difficulty.

Taken a break from it for now but I plan to come back to it.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Hopefully I’m understanding this post correctly.

I’ve Platinumed & gotten the DLC trophies (if applicable) for:

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Resident Evil 3 Remake

Resident Evil 7

Resident Evil (8) Village

I currently have all but one trophy in Resident Evil 4 (PS4) for completing the game on Professional difficulty.

Taken a break from it for now but I plan to come back to it.

Welcome, thanks for joining!  You are understanding correctly.  Awesome job with the completions, I'm currently on a hiatus too while playing through RE4 on Professional.  Are you planning on playing the other games?  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

lhGCSjT.pngoVsAtKe.pngqOSJ0N1.pngBMAVZeU.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Welcome, thanks for joining!  You are understanding correctly.  Awesome job with the completions, I'm currently on a hiatus too while playing through RE4 on Professional.  Are you planning on playing the other games?  Here are your awards!

Hide contents

lhGCSjT.pngoVsAtKe.pngqOSJ0N1.pngBMAVZeU.png

Thanks! I might eventually try Resident Evil 5, as I’ve heard its quite a whacky co-op game. I don’t know if I’ll play it on PlayStation because I know full well I wouldn’t Platinum/100% it. None of the other RE’s have peaked my interest though. RE7, followed by the two REmakes and Village seemed like a great way to experience 2017 and onward style games. Great graphics, fun gameplay systems, don’t feature outdated controls or gameplay. 

Definitely waiting to see how the REmake for 4 goes.

Also, I think you missed the trophy for RE7? 

15 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Thanks! I might eventually try Resident Evil 5, as I’ve heard its quite a whacky co-op game. I don’t know if I’ll play it on PlayStation because I know full well I wouldn’t Platinum/100% it. None of the other RE’s have peaked my interest though. RE7, followed by the two REmakes and Village seemed like a great way to experience 2017 and onward style games. Great graphics, fun gameplay systems, don’t feature outdated controls or gameplay. 

Definitely waiting to see how the REmake for 4 goes.

Also, I think you missed the trophy for RE7? 

Very sorry about that!  I fixed that mistake and I've made your RE7 awards.  I apologize for that.  I'm also looking forward to 4's remake, which after playing 8 definitely seems like the next game (aside from the rumored RE3 next gen port).  Have you tried RE1's remake?  I personally find it to be a lot of fun as well.

Here are your missing awards.  Sorry again.

Spoiler

GMrKIVr.pngdmSzyXf.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomoTakino said:

Very sorry about that!  I fixed that mistake and I've made your RE7 awards.  I apologize for that.  I'm also looking forward to 4's remake, which after playing 8 definitely seems like the next game (aside from the rumored RE3 next gen port).  Have you tried RE1's remake?  I personally find it to be a lot of fun as well.

Here are your missing awards.  Sorry again.

Reveal hidden contents

GMrKIVr.pngdmSzyXf.png

Thanks!
I’ve looked into it and it doesn’t look like my cup of tea, its fixed camera and has those door loading screens, right? 

Edited by OmegaRejectz

9 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I recently got into Resident Evil with the 3 remake, loved it, and quickly bought the rest of the series available on PS4. It's up there with God of War as my favorite video game series. Village was my first collector's edition. 

I've got the platinums for 3, 2, 7, and 8. None of them are at 100%. 

Awesome, welcome!  You have pretty good taste (I really enjoy the GoW series as well, I still have to play the newest one though).  Which one has been your favorite so far?  I'd have to say personally either RE1 or 2 remakes.  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

arU7e0f.pngZtuFLxd.png8xgnVjQ.png90JJRFK.png

8 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Thanks!
I’ve looked into it and it doesn’t look like my cup of tea, its fixed camera and has those door loading screens, right? 

Yeah it does have the fixed camera and loading screens.  To each their own.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!  Just a quick, unrelated announcement.  If you're interested in the Atelier games, I've started up another LP for that series!  Feel free to click the link below if you're interested!

Best of luck and keep in mind that this thread is still open for anyone to join (or update if it's been a while and you've earned new completions).

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone!  I hope you're all doing well!  I know it's been a while since anyone posted but I had a couple things to mention.  First off, this thread is still open for anyone who wants to join and will be for the foreseeable future.  Current members can also post any updates to their profiles to earn new awards.  Everyone is welcome to post and join!

Second, they announced ports of RE 2, 3 and 7 to the PS5 today!  If you're lucky enough to have a PS5 and the last gen versions, you'll get these versions for free!  Because of the way the new trophy system works, these will for sure have separate lists to earn from their PS4 versions.  Because of this, I've created five new awards for these versions!  Of course, if they decide to integrate the DLC trophies into the main lists (which is possible), the gold awards may not be used.  However, for now, there are gold variants for two of the awards for getting 100% DLC.  If you're curious, feel free to check them out in the spoiler below.  Hope to see you all soon!

Spoiler

zj56vBl.png3WJMpXm.pngtROuQzR.pngTucA9Jj.pngQhEznLb.png

• 3 months later...

Hello, I hope you're all doing well.  This thread is definitely open to anyone who wants to join or update their profile and get some Resident Evil awards!  Feel free to join!

As I'm sure you're aware, today was a great day for RE fans.  The PS5 versions of RE2, RE3 and RE7 released today as free upgrades (and RE2/RE3 are 100% autopops, RE7 is mostly autopop) and there are new custom awards you can earn for getting them!  I've gotten the PS5 version of RE2/3 so I'll post my awards below if you're curious.  We also got news of RE8's DLC so when that finally releases, the golden shotgun shell will be available to be earned!

Lastly, the new Playstation Plus tiers rolled out today including a surprise rerelease of Resident Evil: Director's Cut!  While there are PS4/PS5 versions of this game, unfortunately they are not part of the thread due to Capcom not including trophies in the release. Still, it's a fun cheesy game to play!

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some updates soon!  Here are my new awards if you're curious on what you can earn:

Spoiler

gnd5PT3.pngg66SedI.pngOr6WUyp.png

EDIT: I managed to go back and get the RE5 plat.  When I first played this game, I really disliked it.  However, after coming back to it, I enjoyed it quite a bit.  It's not like other RE games but it's still a lot better than I initially thought.  Still have to get the DLC but I got the platinum now.

Edited by TomoTakino
Update
  • Like 1

Now I need to see what RE games I have done.

update - Ok I checked:

Resident Evil 0 - 100%

Resident Evil Remake - 100%

Resident Evil 2 Re-Imagined - 100%

Resident Evil 3 Re-Imagined - 100%

Resident Evil 4 (PS3 & PS4) - 100%

Resident Evil 5 (PS3) - 86% w/ Plat (did not do the multiplayer)

Resident Evil 5 (PS4) - 80% w/ Plat (did not do the multiplayer or Escape)

Resident Evil 6 (PS4) - 58% w/ Plat (did not do the multiplayer)

Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS3) - 100%

Resident Evil Revelations (PS3 & PS4) - 100%

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS3 & PS4) - 100%

NS0fYPp.png

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Void said:

Now I need to see what RE games I have done.

Welcome and thanks for joining!  Thank you also for the detailed list of platinums!  Which one has been your favorite so far?  Do you plan on playing 7/Village?  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

NGNpL0o.pngsD8K1Uo.pngNOytEZ7.pngVfXzgmt.pngY4kNhMR.pngyVEJQ54.pngoAliYQy.pngCMStLL8.pnggPnddR1.png57R6Qpz.pngA40Dn9q.pngoYDz9Uo.pngKrWjy37.pngIKXCmfW.pngz8z4zND.png

3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Welcome and thanks for joining!  Thank you also for the detailed list of platinums!  Which one has been your favorite so far?  Do you plan on playing 7/Village?  Here are your awards!

Reveal hidden contents

NGNpL0o.pngsD8K1Uo.pngNOytEZ7.pngVfXzgmt.pngY4kNhMR.pngyVEJQ54.pngoAliYQy.pngCMStLL8.pnggPnddR1.png57R6Qpz.pngA40Dn9q.pngoYDz9Uo.pngKrWjy37.pngIKXCmfW.pngz8z4zND.png

Unless I get a VR headset I will not be playing 7/8, this is due to motion sickness from the perspective. Funnily enough I do not get motion sickness form VR. I do have a copy of the 7 Gold Edition that I grabbed on clearance at a Wal-mart and my nephew owns the VR, so I could always borrow that from him if I really want.

My Favorites are the Old School ones if I had to pick it would be Resident Evil Remake HD followed by either 0 or Revelations 1. I think the Revelations are the best mix of the old and the new you still get some of the survival horror and some action. The Resident Evil Remake HD was one of my first ever guides.

Thanks for the ammo.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I forgot I had posted in here until I saw my awards in my About Me again ? But I figured I would mention I started RE8 a few days ago. I got the Gold Edition and am really liking what I have played so far. I am in Heisenberg's factory as of writing this and I'm pretty sure I should be able to complete my first playthrough by tomorrow since it feels really close to the end now. I haven't had a chance to use the other features like the third-person camera yet since I figure I should play it the way it originally came out as close as possible but I have the pressure sensitive triggers on and it feels good using the guns with those especially when I unloaded the M1911 with extended mags on a boss enemy earlier ?

I look forward to playing the Rose DLC to see what that has to offer and eventually playing as Chris in Mercenaries mode since he and the other characters they added seem fun and OP to use.

• Like 2