Tackling this to enjoy the story and 100% it

adverse_event

So I missed out on Bioshock last gen and thinking of jumping in here.  Want to make sure how I can enjoy the game while getting all the trophies without too much headache and replaying it.

I gather this is the best route:

Play game on medium with anticipation to switch to Survivor at end for glitch

Follow a collectibles guide to get everything on the way

Then go do the challenge rooms?

Is it as simple as that?  Just want to make sure I am not missing something, seems to be a lot of moving pieces with this game. 

For more fun play the game on  the hardest difficulty. Trust me it is a lot more fun that way.

The game gets a lot easier as you get plasmids and if you play on a lower difficulty you take all the suspense out of the game.

So, yeah don't use a "glitch" unless you want to completely ruin the atmosphere

Yes. the challenge rooms should be last, and the glitch only if you dont want the challenge.  

Personally I dont like to stress in games but did enjoy getting all the trophies legit on the PS3.  Once i knew i could do it i was ok with glitching the PS4 trophy. 

By not anticipating using the glitch you will have to figure out a good way to deal with enemies, and there are a few methods that are very effective.  It adds to the story as the Dr said. 

Edited by audiopile

If you're doing the difficulty related trophies on the first play-through, don't do what I did and make sure you have Vita Chambers disabled otherwise you won't get the trophies I Choose The Impossible & Brass Balls when you do the glitch.

I don't mean to put you off but the fact that no way of tracking the audio logs was added for the remaster makes this platinum a lot more tedious than it should be (if you're not following a guide the whole way through so you don't miss anything). I fully intended on platinuming the game when I played it last week but I'd had enough after one play-through and having no idea how many logs I'd missed and which ones they were.

3 minutes ago, EIdain said:

If you're doing the difficulty related trophies on the first play-through, don't do what I did and make sure you have Vita Chambers disabled otherwise you won't get the trophies I Choose The Impossible & Brass Balls when you do the glitch.

I don't mean to put you off but the fact that no way of tracking the audio logs was added for the remaster makes this platinum a lot more tedious than it should be (if you're not following a guide the whole way through so you don't miss anything). I fully intended on platinuming the game when I played it last week but I'd had enough after one play-through and having no idea how many logs I'd missed and which ones they were.

You can track the logs by looking in one of the menus (I forget which one) then cross-referencing that list with a Guide, to see which ones are missing but do note that 1 of the logs is glitched and shows up in the wrong menu. As for the campaign difficulty exploit, I didn't use it in either BS 1 or 2 and still got the respective Platinums without too many problems but I do recommend using exploits for the Challenge Rooms and Clash in the Clouds DLCs because they are a PITA if you don't.

All you really have to watch out for in all 3 games are the collectibles, because they are a pain to track if you miss any so at the very least keep a collectibles Guide open whilst playing so you don't have to faff around afterwards trying to figure out which ones you're missing.

To be fair both Bioshock 1 and 2 are very well made in terms of gameplay on the hardest difficulty. I wouldn't recommend it as the first playthrough but once you know your way around you can easily mop up it up on the second one. So follow the tips, disable vita chamber for the trophies and have at it - is is really unnecessary to glitch and you can easily work on other trophies/collectibles even on the hardest diff.

Enjoy the story first time through, it is amazing.

I also wouldn't recommend following a guide on your first playthrough.

Just focus on finding the 5 missable audio logs( I believe there's 2 in the first area and 3 towards the end of the game). Unlike Bioshock 2, there is backtracking in this game so you can just make a manual save before the final boss and revisit areas to mop up whatever collectibles you have left.

Edited by CrimsonMercury

18 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am glad so many people agree this game needs to be experienced in its entirety :)

I haven't played it since plat 99 and now for plat 299 I am going to plat it again :D

Such an amazing experience.

So I'd love to just experience the game without following a guide but how much of a PITA is going back to collect the collectibles I have missed going to be?  With 100-200 collectibles I can only imagine it may be one of those clean-up processes that makes me just wish I followed a guide in the first place. The the game mark off what you have and what you need clearly? How long would clean-up take?

Thanks for the input everyone!

I have the plat for Bio1

If you want to have an unspoiled game id just play thru it not worrying about trophies first time. 

However if you want the plat sooner, i reccomend a play through following a spoiler free guide to get all the collectables and to get used to combat etc. 

After that you can smash out the difficulty trophies no worries. 

Sod the dlc. 

(Edit; Post 100 yay)

Edited by punkshepherd
Self love
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adverse_event said:

So I'd love to just experience the game without following a guide but how much of a PITA is going back to collect the collectibles I have missed going to be?  With 100-200 collectibles I can only imagine it may be one of those clean-up processes that makes me just wish I followed a guide in the first place. The the game mark off what you have and what you need clearly? How long would clean-up take?

What is a PITA (i assume you don't mean a snack). Also this game makes you explore to hunt for health so just look up the missable ones and you should be good.

18 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am glad so many people agree this game needs to be experienced in its entirety :)

I haven't played it since plat 99 and now for plat 299 I am going to plat it again :D

Such an amazing experience.

Totally agree there is no experience like it, or at least that i have found to this day in video games.

But following that train, your Bioshock Infinite plat should be your 1999th, how cool would that be ?

27 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

What is a PITA (i assume you don't mean a snack). Also this game makes you explore to hunt for health so just look up the missable ones and you should be good.

PITA is short for "Pain In The Ass" :).

39 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

The Logs are tracked in one of the menus but you have to work out for yourself which ones are missing, a job which is made harder by the fact that one of them is bugged and shows up in the wrong sub-menu. It's not hard to find the missing logs but you will regret not following a collectibles Guide from the get-go. A good collectibles Guide will keep spoilers to a bare minimum so won't ruin the story.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, colia100 said:

Totally agree there is no experience like it, or at least that i have found to this day in video games.

But following that train, your Bioshock Infinite plat should be your 1999th, how cool would that be 1f609.png

Then I would have to beat it o  1999 mode ☹ yeah i need to finish that game. It is so good but 1999 was just nothing compared to survivor, at least for me.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

21 hours ago, adverse_event said:

So I missed out on Bioshock last gen and thinking of jumping in here.  Want to make sure how I can enjoy the game while getting all the trophies without too much headache and replaying it.

I gather this is the best route:

Play game on medium with anticipation to switch to Survivor at end for glitch

Follow a collectibles guide to get everything on the way

Then go do the challenge rooms?

Is it as simple as that?  Just want to make sure I am not missing something, seems to be a lot of moving pieces with this game. 

There are two levels where you cannot go back to for audio logs; the very first level and much later. A lot of the trophies are missable. Research PhD :bronze: could be troublesome if you aren't careful.

I suggest that you play on easy difficulty. Take it slow so that you don't miss anything and enjoy the awesome story. :coffee:

As for your "PITA" (actually means pie in my language) the game is a very straightforward and fairly quick cleanup if you do a collectble/missed run on very easy last.

Depending on how you tackle trophies even if you miss the upgrades or a log or something you can follow a guide for what you missed and just romp through the game with minimal effort. It's easily doable in a few hours - and I haven't had anything glitch for me in the remastered collection and that was on whatever the patch was in 2016. ;)

Below are my times - keep in mind I already played the game back on PS3 so I did one run to revisit the stories and work on a lot of trophies along the way, one run on hardest with no revives and one final run on very easy following the guide for whatever I missed. In these home isolation times you could easily wrap it up in 2 days. I can't say for Infinite - didn't like it anywhere near as the first two to go for the plat and 1999 mode just gave up 3/4 in the game because it was a cheese diff imho.

BioShock 2

All 54 Trophies

25th September 2016 • Completed in 2 days, 6 hours

BioShock

All 66 Trophies

23rd September 2016 • Completed in 3 days, 15 hours