Cheat codes and glitches

tinman_1954

Am playing Tomb Raider: Legend from the PS3 Trilogy collection. Have completed the game on the Tomb Raider - Hard level and got the trophies for it. Am trying to do the Time Trials using the unlocked cheat codes and even the glitches but the game will not recognize either. Even on completed Time Trials. Have cheats and glitches been patched to where they no longer work or am I doing something wrong? HELP!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread might be dead after 4 months, but giving it a go anyways since I just finished all time trials.

Is it one particular time trial you struggle with? After selecting Load Level and setting Difficulty to Time Trial and finishing within the alotted time I get the trophy - even when I use glitches, skip things, and use multiple cheats. As long as the timer doesn't reach 0 you get the trophy

To get the trophy for finishing all time trials you must also do the time trial for the final boss level - Redux - even though that one in itself doesn't give a trophy.

Edited by Bellfalasch
typos

• 3 weeks later...

Actually i been wanting to return to this. To be honest, i really hate the time trials. I got stuck at the first one ( england i think) to get the cheat for bulletproof) mostly because of the head monster. I tried to use the “flying bug” to avoid it, but the area that i see in youtube, is different from the one i got, there are suppost to be some rocks, and i got some stairs, if i recall correcly. 

I am missing this one, and anniversary... done all the others... would be cool to have all the plats for tomb raider.

• 2 years later...

You have to complete the Time Trials in order to use the cheats first. So if you want the bulletproof and one-shot kill cheats, you must complete Level 6 and Level 8 in Time Trial mode respectively THEN the cheat codes are unlocked and you can use them for the remaining Time Trials. 

You can't just input the code without having beaten the Time Trial for that cheat first, it won't work. 

The times required for Legend are extremely lenient so you don't really even need the cheats. You can easily beat all of them with 3+ minutes to spare with mistakes. I think I beat England with 7 minutes to spare or something crazy like that. I majorly messed up Level 4 and Level 7 Time Trials and still got under the time easily. There's really absolutely no need to use the glitches or the cheats for that matter. As long as you're familiar with the levels (as you should be by the time you start the Time Trials), you'll have no issues. 

I messed up the rope jump in the water wheel room in Level 4 like 4 times and wasted at least 2-3 minutes having to re-do the parkour multiple times and still got under the time and Level 4 is the supposedly the 'hardest one'. 

Edited by mega-tallica
Added some extra information
  • Like 1