Stranded Deep trophy thoughts?

MidnightDragon

I've had my eye on this game for a while, I've almost bought it on Steam a handful of times but I'd heard it was eventually coming to consoles. I'm a big fan of games like The Forrest and Subnautic so this should be right up my alley. Wish I had an actual release date, gotta be soon though since the trophy list is up already. Hyped for this one, hopefully it isn't too bad on the bugs come launch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Seem like it will release tomorrow, hope its true, the EU Playstation Blog are not exactly to be trusted. But this seem to be written by the developers so :)

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/04/20/craft-survive-and-escape-a-tropical-island-in-stranded-deep-out-tomorrow-on-ps4/

It’s confirmed: 

Edited by nkmslr
  • Like 1

I just googled to look up the requirements and I found a lot people that complain about Steam achievements not unlocking properly. There were people that said some achievements are impossible to get because some content was not implemented yet. (I haven’t checked the date of these comments but the sheer amount of complains was very bad. I know this game is and early access title.)

So I will wait a bit to see what others think of the game (PS4 version) in trophy aspects. (I am a bit warily when it comes to games that have a console port launch.) A good example is Subnautica. Everything was fine exept for that one trophy that didn’t unlock so I had to start over and put another 10 hours in to get that trophy on a fresh save.

But for the game itself: I am interested and I keep this on my list.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, scoreaddict said:

I just googled to look up the requirements and I found a lot people that complain about Steam achievements not unlocking properly. There were people that said some achievements are impossible to get because some content was not implemented yet. (I haven’t checked the date of these comments but the sheer amount of complains was very bad. I know this game is and early access title.)

So I will wait a bit to see what others think of the game (PS4 version) in trophy aspects. (I am a bit warily when it comes to games that have a console port launch.) A good example is Subnautica. Everything was fine exept for that one trophy that didn’t unlock so I had to start over and put another 10 hours in to get that trophy on a fresh save.

But for the game itself: I am interested and I keep this on my list.

Well people have written some bad reviews because you couldnt finish this game. But the developer message today "if you survive through it all, you can escape! This is something players haven’t been able to do before, so be the first!" , made me calm about that :) 

There could still be broken trophies of course, hopefully not :)

• Like 1

I thought for sure that this was still in Early Access/Alpha stage on Steam, with tons of bugs reported still.

Is this a port of the pre-alpha game? Did they actually finish it?

This is a great game, but it's still very unfinished and glitchy on PC as far as I know.

I think it's a great list, task and trophy grade wise. The varied trophy icons are good. However, there's one inconsistency with the "Day 10" trophy, with it having the silver theme despite being a bronze trophy. Every other trophy is consistent in that regard. The platinum title  I find odd as well . . . It'd make more sense if it was titled "Stayed Alive".

The premise of the game is interesting, and there aren't too many games like this, but one thing that turns me off is the ability to craft planes and gyrocopters. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...