MidnightDragon

Stranded Deep trophy thoughts?

24 posts in this topic

Looks like you have to do pretty much everything in game to get the platinum. Been interested in this game since I first heard about it. Hopefully it's as interesting as it sounds.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a lot of fun! Was a huge fan of The Forest which is kinda similar to this one - really wondering how much it will cost tough! Anyone know when this will be released?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty excited for this game when I heard about it 5 years ago. I actually kinda forgot about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see this still on the way. It was supposed to come out awhile back and be published by Telltale but when they went away this just vanished.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had my eye on this game for a while, I've almost bought it on Steam a handful of times but I'd heard it was eventually coming to consoles. I'm a big fan of games like The Forrest and Subnautic so this should be right up my alley. Wish I had an actual release date, gotta be soon though since the trophy list is up already. Hyped for this one, hopefully it isn't too bad on the bugs come launch. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it finally coming? They said in a trailer it was releasing in october 2018, lol, that didnt happen :)

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems no multiplayer trophies, co-op sounds nice though :-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Seem like it will release tomorrow, hope its true, the EU Playstation Blog are not exactly to be trusted. But this seem to be written by the developers so :)

 

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/04/20/craft-survive-and-escape-a-tropical-island-in-stranded-deep-out-tomorrow-on-ps4/


It’s confirmed: 

 

Edited by nkmslr
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just googled to look up the requirements and I found a lot people that complain about Steam achievements not unlocking properly. There were people that said some achievements are impossible to get because some content was not implemented yet. (I haven’t checked the date of these comments but the sheer amount of complains was very bad. I know this game is and early access title.)

 

So I will wait a bit to see what others think of the game (PS4 version) in trophy aspects. (I am a bit warily when it comes to games that have a console port launch.) A good example is Subnautica. Everything was fine exept for that one trophy that didn’t unlock so I had to start over and put another 10 hours in to get that trophy on a fresh save.

 

But for the game itself: I am interested and I keep this on my list.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, scoreaddict said:

I just googled to look up the requirements and I found a lot people that complain about Steam achievements not unlocking properly. There were people that said some achievements are impossible to get because some content was not implemented yet. (I haven’t checked the date of these comments but the sheer amount of complains was very bad. I know this game is and early access title.)

 

So I will wait a bit to see what others think of the game (PS4 version) in trophy aspects. (I am a bit warily when it comes to games that have a console port launch.) A good example is Subnautica. Everything was fine exept for that one trophy that didn’t unlock so I had to start over and put another 10 hours in to get that trophy on a fresh save.

 

But for the game itself: I am interested and I keep this on my list.

 

Well people have written some bad reviews because you couldnt finish this game. But the developer message today "if you survive through it all, you can escape! This is something players haven’t been able to do before, so be the first!" , made me calm about that :) 

 

There could still be broken trophies of course, hopefully not :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok , 20 dollar give or take, just bought it. Lets see what this is :)

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks similar to the forest and subnautica. could be easy if there is a dev console for it. Will keep an eye on it

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold on. Didn't Stranded Deep got cancelled back in 2018? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

Hold on. Didn't Stranded Deep got cancelled back in 2018? 

No, they had released it on PC. Telltale was gonna publish the console version, but it got put on hold when they went belly up. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought for sure that this was still in Early Access/Alpha stage on Steam, with tons of bugs reported still.

 

Is this a port of the pre-alpha game? Did they actually finish it?

 

This is a great game, but it's still very unfinished and glitchy on PC as far as I know.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How’s the performance? Hold a steady framerate or does it feel like ARK’s console version?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TragicTravesty said:

How’s the performance? Hold a steady framerate or does it feel like ARK’s console version?

Its a bit choppy but it works well enough

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a great list, task and trophy grade wise. The varied trophy icons are good. However, there's one inconsistency with the "Day 10" trophy, with it having the silver theme despite being a bronze trophy. Every other trophy is consistent in that regard. The platinum title  I find odd as well . . . It'd make more sense if it was titled "Stayed Alive".

 

The premise of the game is interesting, and there aren't too many games like this, but one thing that turns me off is the ability to craft planes and gyrocopters. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.