My beef with the Trophy Tips

Nothing big really, I love them...

But that 1000 character limit really needs to be upped.

Plus I think it's messing with me. Look here:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/Uncharted-Drakes-Fortune/Master-Fortune-Hunter

I wrote up the tip in Notepad, adding the appropriate URL's and stuff so I could just paste it in. I pasted it into the site and it said I had 7 characters left over. Whew... I go to post it and it cuts off the end of Chapter 21's URL. Wassup wit dat?

This 1000 character limit is really hindering. At least up it to 1500 or something, I can't put up the videos for Uncharted 2's treasure trophy, it has too many chapters.

is it possible to add more than 1 tip per trophy per member.? if so, couldn't you label them 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 if this is possible.? I'm guessing the idea behind a tip is make it short but sweet. not a guide. you know what I'm saying.?

is it possible to add more than 1 tip per trophy per member.? if so, couldn't you label them 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 if this is possible.? I'm guessing the idea behind a tip is make it short but sweet. not a guide. you know what I'm saying.?

I see where you're going with that, however, that makes the behind the scenes process a lot more complicated.

Ratings, it would need to check for a linked tip and automatically give both the same rating whilst preventing people from giving a + to both parts of the tip independently, potentially abusing the system.

The top-rated tips that make up the guide would need to show a linked tip if it was the highest rated.

Whilst I have every faith in Sly's abilities, is it worth his time to code when doubling the character limit achieves the same thing in 99% of cases.

If you need to go above 2, then is it really a "tip" ?

for some odd reason i dont see a button to add a tip for a platinum trophy, was just trying to outline the missable trophies and other stuff for a plat i earned.

I don't think Sly has added the ability to add tips to Platinum trophies, people have suggested adding that though.

I don't think Sly has added the ability to add tips to Platinum trophies, people have suggested adding that though.

That'd suck, everyone knows how to get the plat on ANY game.

I see, well that is definitely one of the main things that we need done in regards of tips.

My worry is you'll just have people just use the platinum area to write their own entire game guide and it'll be another ps3t.org/com

That'd suck, everyone knows how to get the plat on ANY game.

My worry is you'll just have people just use the platinum area to write their own entire game guide and it'll be another ps3t.org/com

there's a character limit, 2000 characters isn't enough to cover a retail game IMO

but you do point out a great loophole that people might be tempted to use, I guess it's all dependent on the mentality of the people here, so far I don't see anyone who would go as far as writing a tip for every trophy and calling it a guide of his/hers.

I think as long as we don't have some sort of restrictions and confusing rules and a special moderating team, and not take this guide thing so seriously, then we should be fine and everyone should be able too get along with each other and what they put down as a trophy tip whether they think it's correct/accurate or not. There is always a rate button you know?

As far as am concerned I really don't care if someone does that. Hell, steelsammy said there's nothing stopping him from writing a tip for every trophy and calling it his guide, and i have absolutely no problem with that. That collection of tips IS his guide to the platinum if you think about. I could go in for the same game and also write a tip for every single trophy and I'll call that my guide. And I could start beef with sammy that my guide is better, blah blah I have better ratings blah blah.

So you see, it's not really a problem UNTIL someone starts slapping other people with his E-penis while waving his guide around. So people please, grow up and refrain from doing what you might see on other trophy sites. (:

• Like 1

I'm having some issues with the 2,000 character limit.

I added some tips for Rapala Pro Bass Fishing and found the following:

1) The preview (before posting) cuts off the last 220 characters

2) After the tip has been posted there are only about 1,500 characters (in other words, it cut off 500 characters)

I'm having some issues with the 2,000 character limit.

I added some tips for Rapala Pro Bass Fishing and found the following:

1) The preview (before posting) cuts off the last 220 characters

2) After the tip has been posted there are only about 1,500 characters (in other words, it cut off 500 characters)

Fixed, it'll need reposting though. Report it and I'll delete it.