Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Campaign Remaster (Rumor)

snakebit10

Updated OP with Push Squares article.

Says the remaster is already finished, just no release date yet. 

16 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Really hope this happens since I never played the original MW3 and revisiting MW2 was great

MW3 campaign is good. It's not as memorable as 2. It is easier on veteran also.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, snakebit10 said:

It was advertised to be only the campaign and they said they didn't want to split the MP community from the 2019 game.

Only reason why they don’t want to “split the MP community” is that they know good and well the MP for MW2019 would be a ghost town. There’s no safe spaces, no hiding behind doors, none of that in MW2’s MP. It would’ve been perfect for the OG’s to go back and play. Kids today on MW2019 would NOT survive the lobbies themselves lol let alone a full MP match. 

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 5:41 PM, kidson2004 said:

Only reason why they don’t want to “split the MP community” is that they know good and well the MP for MW2019 would be a ghost town. There’s no safe spaces, no hiding behind doors, none of that in MW2’s MP. It would’ve been perfect for the OG’s to go back and play. Kids today on MW2019 would NOT survive the lobbies themselves lol let alone a full MP match. 

We all know kids nowadays are too damn sensitive. Plus with how many of them are well under the age of 18, they are far away from reaching the 'age of reason'.

• Like 4

On 4/21/2020 at 9:35 AM, snakebit10 said:

MW3 campaign is good. It's not as memorable as 2. It is easier on veteran also.

MW1 is probably the toughest. When you're on Veteran mode, the next-to-last mission "No Fighting In The War Room" is something else. Your time is cut down from 11 to 9 minutes, and the enemies have godlike accuracy. Veteran's damage boost for the enemies means shotgunners will kill you with one hit, and checking corners goes from being a good idea to something essential to surviving. Nothing in MW2 Veteran is that hard. NOTHING. MW1's veteran mode makes MW 2019's look like a cake walk.

I liked MW3's campaign as well, though like you said, it was not quite up there with 2's... if MW3R is $20 as well, I can go for that.

• Like 2

I'd be all for this! Maybe it will inspire other devs, we're already getting a Crysis remaster (although I'm not sure if they're actually gonna include the multiplayer in it!) so how about Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 campaigns remastered. Maybe Sony will get onboard as well and give us a Resistance trilogy remaster and Killzone too! No disrespect to multiplayer lovers and especially those who got the multiplayer trophies in those games. I'm just dreaming here.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

MW1 is probably the toughest. When you're on Veteran mode, the next-to-last mission "No Fighting In The War Room" is something else. Your time is cut down from 11 to 9 minutes, and the enemies have godlike accuracy. Veteran's damage boost for the enemies means shotgunners will kill you with one hit, and checking corners goes from being a good idea to something essential to surviving. Nothing in MW2 Veteran is that hard. NOTHING. MW1's veteran mode makes MW 2019's look like a cake walk.

I liked MW3's campaign as well, though like you said, it was not quite up there with 2's... if MW3R is $20 as well, I can go for that.

I remember quite a few spots I struggled with in MW remaster on veteran. Yeah that War room was no joke. The mission you go through the green houses dodging the helicopter gave me a bit of trouble to. Then there is the infamous Mile high club. I am glad there wasn't anything like that in MW2 remaster. 

5 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

I'd be all for this! Maybe it will inspire other devs, we're already getting a Crysis remaster (although I'm not sure if they're actually gonna include the multiplayer in it!) so how about Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 campaigns remastered. Maybe Sony will get onboard as well and give us a Resistance trilogy remaster and Killzone too! No disrespect to multiplayer lovers and especially those who got the multiplayer trophies in those games. I'm just dreaming here.

I agree with you. Did Crysis on PS3 have the MP? I don't remember. I just played the campaign and got the plat and that was it. I would love the Killzone and Reistance games remastered without mp. Even though KZ3 mp trophies weren't no were near as bad as KZ2. I never got finished with Resistance 2 Mp trophies. I loved Resistance 3 campaign

Back on topic. If MW3 remaster is $20, I will get it. Hope we may get World at War remaster and at least the first Black ops.

2 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Am I the only goldfish here and never remember campaigns of CoD games ... even if I know i liked it back on PS3 ? ^^'

I remember MW2's campaign much better than I do 3's. I remember Black ops campaign and World at War pretty well also. No. I may not remember all the names and missions but I can remember specific parts just like it was yesterday playing them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

The 1st Crysis didn’t have MP, just SP. 2&3 are the only one that have MP. 

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, The PREDATOR said:

Hopefully they remaster BO1, loved that campaign.

Same here. I can do without the Zombies though.

• Like 2