Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Campaign Remaster (Rumor)

snakebit10

46 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I played the original Modern Warfare back in 2007 when it came out and the remastered version a decade later. The remaster was much easier, the only difficult part for me was Mile High Club, which I did legit and ended up taking me close to three hours due to how luck based that mission is.

AAA gaming has certainly gotten a lot easier over the years. I don't think kids nowadays can handle the World at War grenade spam, nor the "No Fighting In The War Room" mission in the original Modern Warfare.

Activision should remaster every old PS3 Call of Duty game and be done with it. Would make them millions of dollars, and that will keep the fans happy.

So very true that AAA gaming has gotten easier. In more recent CoD series campaigns, you don't ever see missions like MHC or NFITWR anymore. It's not hard to imagine MHC taking beaucoup retries. NFITWR is very doable... it just has considerably less room for error, and must be approached very carefully. Anyone who deathlessly cleared that level on Veteran has obviously done it a few times, and knows what's lurking around the corners.

I don't mind at all if they keep the remasters coming. Black Ops II would be very welcome. Treyarch really did some things differently with that one, and I liked that about it. The Strike Force missions are pretty nice, especially with how your performance on those affects the game's plot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I played the original Modern Warfare back in 2007 when it came out and the remastered version a decade later. The remaster was much easier, the only difficult part for me was Mile High Club, which I did legit and ended up taking me close to three hours due to how luck based that mission is.

AAA gaming has certainly gotten a lot easier over the years. I don't think kids nowadays can handle the World at War grenade spam, nor the "No Fighting In The War Room" mission in the original Modern Warfare.

Activision should remaster every old PS3 Call of Duty game and be done with it. Would make them millions of dollars, and that will keep the fans happy.

Mile High Club was hard but came down to muscle memory and trial and error. Don't recall No Fighting in the War Room so I guess I can't relate. But! Getting down that bloody hill in Heat was ROUGH.

On topic: I'll most likely get a 3 for 1 box set and trade in MW1 Remastered.

MW3 Survival mode was awesome, a shame that it is very unlikely to make it in.

I didn't expect MW2 Remastered after such a delay due to the potential outrage of both not including MP and including/excluding No Russian. It will be good to have the trilogy... it makes up 90% of my interest in the franchise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

I'd be all for this! Maybe it will inspire other devs, we're already getting a Crysis remaster (although I'm not sure if they're actually gonna include the multiplayer in it!) so how about Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 campaigns remastered. Maybe Sony will get onboard as well and give us a Resistance trilogy remaster and Killzone too! No disrespect to multiplayer lovers and especially those who got the multiplayer trophies in those games. I'm just dreaming here.

They already confirmed, that they aren't releasing the multiplayer and that they are not developing crysis 2 and 3 remastered atm.

• 1 year later...

With many remasters and remakes right now, for titles from PS3 I'm glad hearing that this game will complete the circle of COD MW Trilogy. Nevertheless, any news have appeared and only a tweet from a leaker says that this will appear somewhere in Q3 2021, but I think is still very unlikely to happen. Anyway, I'm concerned because I bought the PS3 for MW3 so if this is true, I don't know how to take this, LOL. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

I'd like to play through a remastered MW3 campaign to round out the trilogy but what I really want are remasters of World at War and Black Ops.

That I would like to see, but I don't know if I would be ready for grenade spam again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

That I would like to see, but I don't know if I would be ready for grenade spam again.

Oh man, I remember storming the Reichstag on veteran difficulty while blasting heavy metal through my headphones and doing some kind of ritualistic dance that would make Michael Flatley jealous in order to try and avoid the grenades that were landing at my feet every half a second.

3 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

Oh man, I remember storming the Reichstag on veteran difficulty while blasting heavy metal through my headphones and doing some kind of ritualistic dance that would make Michael Flatley jealous in order to try and avoid the grenades that were landing at my feet every half a second.

They definitely made it so you couldn't stay in one place for to long. 

• Like 1

We just need mw3 to conclude the mw trilogy. A reznov trilogy would be good as well with waw, bo1 and bo2. The 3rd game everytime with the weakest single performance (mw3/bo2) but great to somehow complete it. Bo3 and 4 literally have nothing to do with their predecessors and cold war already came out on ps4 and ps5.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, westersburg said:

We just need mw3 to conclude the mw trilogy. A reznov trilogy would be good as well with waw, bo1 and bo2. The 3rd game everytime with the weakest single performance (mw3/bo2) but great to somehow complete it. Bo3 and 4 literally have nothing to do with their predecessors and cold war already came out on ps4 and ps5.

Black ops 1-2 remastered would be great. Literally free money for activision too as all they would have to do is upscale it and improve performance.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Black ops 1-2 remastered would be great. Literally free money for activision too as all they would have to do is upscale it and improve performance.

Performance wasn't really a big deal. It's basically just visuals. 360/PS3 cod games already targeted 60 fps and in case of 360 delivered at least 50-60 all the time. PS3 was always a bit more inconsistent.

Edited by westersburg

21 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Performance wasn't really a big deal. It's basically just visuals. 360/PS3 cod games already targeted 60 fps and in case of 360 delivered at least 50-60 all the time. PS3 was always a bit more inconsistent.

Performance on PS3 is pretty bad on Ops1, constantly drops from 60 to low 30s in Campaign. And Zombies was locked at 30. 

Edited by GUDGER666

15 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Performance on PS3 is pretty bad on Ops1, constantly drops from 60 to low 30s in Campaign. And Zombies was locked at 30. 

Didn't know about the 30 fps cap in zombies. Back in the day i wasn't in to that stuff yet. Makes sense because of the great amount of AI. Still i think ps3 cods were quite well. They sacraficed native 720p for 600p upsampled to 1080 to reach that 60 fps goal. Didn't really notice "bad" graphics back then.

• Like 1

On 18.06.2021 at 4:22 AM, ImMagnetz said:

I'd like to play through a remastered MW3 campaign to round out the trilogy but what I really want are remasters of World at War and Black Ops.

well, at least you can play them on PC in 4K and with gamepad support. in that case, they dont really "need" remastering.

unlike MW1-2-3 on PC... im really hope they remastering MW3 spec ops, cus i even play it nowadays, really best spec ops mode to this day. imagine survival on MW1-2 maps as well! they really need to release some MP/COOP MW remastered trilogy pack, with maps from all trilogy. 

11 minutes ago, Voland44 said:

well, at least you can play them on PC in 4K and with gamepad support. in that case, they dont really "need" remastering.

unlike MW1-2-3 on PC... im really hope they remastering MW3 spec ops, cus i even play it nowadays, really best spec ops mode to this day. imagine survival on MW1-2 maps as well! they really need to release some MP/COOP MW remastered trilogy pack, with maps from all trilogy. 

Yes that would be great, just without mp tho. I spent thousands of hours in mw2 and 3 online and these are my favroite FPS Multiplayer but these games would never work with todays community. New gens wouldn't survive these ballancing problems and would complain all the time. If you change these things, you would piss off the hardcore fanbase like me, because it would cause other problems instead and wouldn't feel the same. CoD4 and WAW are literally the only remasterable mps of cod and even MWR felt worse than cod4 did back then.

Spec ops would be awesome. A really shame they didn't include it in MW2R

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Yes that would be great, just without mp tho. I spent thousands of hours in mw2 and 3 online and these are my favroite FPS Multiplayer but these games would never work with todays community. New gens wouldn't survive these ballancing problems and would complain all the time. If you change these things, you would piss off the hardcore fanbase like me, because it would cause other problems instead and wouldn't feel the same. CoD4 and WAW are literally the only remasterable mps of cod and even MWR felt worse than cod4 did back then.

Spec ops would be awesome. A really shame they didn't include it in MW2R

thing is, survival maps in speck ops basically MP maps. thats why MP modes wouldnt really need much extra work

but i feel they wouldnt do that... at max, they will remaster MW2-3 spec ops missions, cus missions using singleplayer maps. which, is already remastered cus campaign

4 hours ago, Voland44 said:

Not interested in PC gaming but more power to ya.

On 22.06.2021 at 3:03 PM, ImMagnetz said:

Not interested in PC gaming but more power to ya.

i didnt say anything about PC gaming in general. with old games on PC you have insane amount of options, after all. feel free to ignore them, while waiting for WaW remaster that would be never a thing

16 hours ago, Voland44 said:

i didnt say anything about PC gaming in general. with old games on PC you have insane amount of options, after all. feel free to ignore them, while waiting for WaW remaster that would be never a thing

Yes you did. "at least you can play them on PC". That's PC gaming, believe it or not, bud. Also I think a WaW remaster is very possible. They've already remastered the Call of Duty titles that came before and after it. Yes, different developers, but saying that WaW being remastered is never going to happen seems a little silly to me. I'd say it's just a matter of when, rather than if.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27.06.2021 at 3:35 PM, ImMagnetz said:

Yes you did. "at least you can play them on PC". That's PC gaming, believe it or not, bud. Also I think a WaW remaster is very possible. They've already remastered the Call of Duty titles that came before and after it. Yes, different developers, but saying that WaW being remastered is never going to happen seems a little silly to me. I'd say it's just a matter of when, rather than if.

nah, black ops 1-2 remasters have more chances to be real, and yet we dont have even rumors about them. though Black Ops 1 remaster would perfectly fit Cold War release. and yet, you somehow waiting for WaW remaster. there more chances for another WW2 cod with soviet/pacific campaign, lol

• Like 1