(1.16) Nether Update Trophy Speculation

OmegaRejectz

18 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

Is 128 confirmed to be the maximum amount of trophies for one game? Can't find any good answers by using google. Because, if so, then Minecraft PS4 would have only a single remaining trophy slot now.

Sony has never explicitly said this, no, but several games now have moved to a separate trophy list immediately after hitting 128 trophies. Combined with the fact that the signed int datatype holds values 0-127 (plus unused negative values), it seems like Sony is storing trophy IDs as signed int and thus cannot allocate more than 128 trophies per list.

Edited by NathanielJohn

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Sony has never explicitly said this, no, but several games now have moved to a separate trophy list immediately after hitting 128 trophies. Combined with the fact that the signed int datatype holds values 0-127 (plus unused negative values), it seems like Sony is storing trophy IDs as signed int and thus cannot allocate more than 128 trophies per list.

Thanks!

So basically, Minecrafts trophies could be either over or they create a new trophy list. Just wondering, will the new separate trophy list automatically be added to your profile if you have the game, or do you at least have to update the game for it to be added to your list?

On 4/21/2020 at 4:10 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

Minecraft currently has 123 trophies. The maximum is 128 or so. They’ll either add only a handful or add a bunch & have to add a second trophy list. With all the new additions coming to 1.16 what do you think they’ll decide to do for trophies?

Maybe;

Discover a Ruined Portal

Discover every new biome in the nether/ discover every Nether biome 

Ride across a lava lake while on a Strider

Loot all the chests in a Bastion remnant

Play the ‘Pigstep’ music disc

Create a banner with the Piglin banner pattern

Breed two hoglins

Make a trade with a Piglin

Transport a Piglin and/or Hoglin to the overworld

I am down for more trophies, Ive been meaning to come back

Honestly, I understand the frustration, as it annoys me too. However this update was pretty easy, compared to some other ones like the Pillagers update. I finished this in 30 mins The biome trophy is pretty easy, you can just cheat your diamond set with the creative glitch and run around the nether until you find piglins. Throw the gold on them, to get the trophy, then switch to peaceful and find the other biomes. Cheat the new armor and wear it, as for Bullseye, you can shoot the target from any distance lol.

8 hours ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Honestly, I understand the frustration, as it annoys me too. However this update was pretty easy, compared to some other ones like the Pillagers update. I finished this in 30 mins The biome trophy is pretty easy, you can just cheat your diamond set with the creative glitch and run around the nether until you find piglins. Throw the gold on them, to get the trophy, then switch to peaceful and find the other biomes. Cheat the new armor and wear it, as for Bullseye, you can shoot the target from any distance lol.

Obviously if you’re gonna cheat then it’ll be easy. (It took me 2 or 3 hours with my top tier Enchanted Diamond pick)

trophy wise its a pretty easy dlc pack

But Did they really need to nerf mending?

i’ve literally been sitting at my skeleton farm for over an hour and my pickaxe still isnt fully repaired yet, and im not evening counting the time it took to repair other stuff

im literally farming away to repair 1 item back to health and Its bad, i almost just wanna make a new pick at this point but my materials went from infinite to limited

its bad enough they patched out the piston dupe with this update

On 26/06/2020 at 0:22 AM, IntroPhenom said:

What's the deal with not being able to pop all of the trophies if the a version of the game before the bedrock edition wasn't purchased?  Something about being locked out of the legacy edition?  Can anyone elaborate, please?

The MP trophies for Expansion Packs 2 and 5 are bugged and unobtainable thanks to the 1.96 patch  so if you don't have a very specific retail copy of the game, you're screwed but apparently that trick is now very unreliable, thus you should consider all 13 of those trophies to be permanently unobtainable :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

21 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The MP trophies for Expansion Packs 2 and 5 are bugged and unobtainable thanks to the 1.96 patch  so if you don't have a very specific retail copy of the game, you're screwed  but apparently that trick is very unreliable, thus you should consider all 13 of those trophies to be permanently unobtainable :(.

So 100% is unobtainable

Nice

On 6/26/2020 at 1:43 PM, HuntingFever said:

The MP trophies for Expansion Packs 2 and 5 are bugged and unobtainable thanks to the 1.96 patch  so if you don't have a very specific retail copy of the game, you're screwed but apparently that trick is now very unreliable, thus you should consider all 13 of those trophies to be permanently unobtainable :(.

What do you mean? Why would it be permanently unobtainable? They’ll continue to add updates. Also; I helped someone like a month ago with those trophies & had 0 issues whatsoever.

33 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

What do you mean? Why would it be permanently unobtainable? They’ll continue to add updates. Also; I helped someone like a month ago with those trophies & had 0 issues whatsoever.

That's because you have the Editions button on the Main Menu so have full access to all the MP modes but for a lot of players, that option isn't there because of a bug with the 1.96 patch which prevents it appearing in their game - thus all 13 MP trophies are unobtainable for those players until the devs get off their backsides and fix the bug that's causing the Editions button to not appear :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.