530k boosting question

Deluziion90

Hi fellow grinders,

Currently I’ve started the 530k grind with a friend and we are doing a 3 win / 3 lose / 3 win and so on method. 

Question is sometimes one of us spikes way above after a match 20-30k bp. Is it still safe to push with the 3 on 3 win/lose or should we just alter sometimes. Would be shit if I somehow can’t find him again in a matchup.

10 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Such a helpful post above. :rolleyes: You really shouldn't have to worry about that, unless you get two whole ranks apart. Which, if you're keeping somewhat even, shouldn't ever be an issue. For reference, though:

• Saibaman: 0 BP (Default Division)
  • Earthling: 30,000 BP
  • Namekian: 70,000 BP
  • Saiyan: 120,000 BP
  • Frieza Clan: 170,000 BP
  • Super Saiyan: 220,000 BP
  • Android: 270,000 BP
  • Super Saiyan 2: 330,000 BP
  • Supreme Kai: 400,000 BP
  • Demon: 500,000 BP

I didn't have any issues with the method you're using. But if it looks risky from what you gained/lost in the previous fight, letting the other person win is always an option. 

Thanks again rob for the helpful information. This is exactly what I needed :) !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Such a helpful post above. :rolleyes: You really shouldn't have to worry about that, unless you get two whole ranks apart. Which, if you're keeping somewhat even, shouldn't ever be an issue. For reference, though:

I didn't have any issues with the method you're using. But if it looks risky from what you gained/lost in the previous fight, letting the other person win is always an option. 

Im just being honest man lol. When the game first came out, its was hard but now all the beginners are around there so its really not even anything to stress about. A halfway decent player can get there in an afternoon. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Depends on the person. There's no real reason not to boost, especially if you're getting your butt kicked. 

Im seeing how you guys get so many platinums then lol. You just cheese. No offense man but thats lame lol. Whats the point in having the platinum if you got it by your friend letting you beat him 200x lol. This guy has 4x the platinums as me and i have more with a <10% rarity lol. whats the point even

• Like 4

On 4/23/2020 at 6:06 AM, DamagingRob said:

How did I know it would eventually come down to this? Probably because your original post was a nicer way of saying "git gud." You're on a site with a section for boosting sessions. Of course there are going to people who do that. And as far as this site is concerned, it's as legit as doing it the hard way. 

Not really man lol "get good" would be actually making the top % or something, i mean 530k is like barley middle of the pack. You don't even have to be good for that. And i mean its legit as in the trophy still pops, sure but its not legit in that you arent even learning the game enough to beat a few people online. I mean whatever floats your boat i guess, it just not the point of the trophy.

Makes trophy hunting kinda pointless if you're cheesing everything right? Like "beat the game on hard" except you beat it on easy and switched difficulty at the end lol weird

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/4/2020 at 1:17 PM, DamagingRob said:

What is the range for the matchmaking? I started ranked mode couple of days ago and I reached 330k (Super Saiyan 2). If I have a friend with Demon rank, he can boost me?

8 minutes ago, CloudLoku said:

What is the range for the matchmaking? I started ranked mode couple of days ago and I reached 330k (Super Saiyan 2). If I have a friend with Demon rank, he can boost me?

I haven't done extended testing or anything, but that would put him two ranks above, so it might not work. 

You can AFK the boosting pretty easy if you have a turbo controller. Remote Play with the PS4 Macro program should work fine as well (there are details elsewhere, I'm not going to go into them.). I did it with another person yesterday with both of us going from 0 to 530k, then I brought another up from 400k to 530k. 

Just go to an under-populated region room (We used Asia/China/Main 02) and hit start, go to the player list, hit X on the other player, and Y to mark them. This makes it so when you match up in ranked you'll see a check mark to confirm the right person.

Hit start and go to your button settings and make it so X is assigned to Z1 Assist. This will make it so when hitting X you just keep calling for assistance in matches (your Z1 partner will attack on occasion) and outside of matches you'll immediately confirm a rematch. Then start looking for your boosting partner. I used the criteria About The Same/Anything Goes/Anything Goes. Once you've connected to the right person you'll see the marked checkbox to confirm your boosting partner. Make note of your connection because sometimes you'll get disconnected while AFK boosting for hours; if you notice for example that they've got 3 bars, you can change the connection criteria to include that on subsequent searches and make finding each other easier.

Once you're in the match, just set X to turbo. If you're supposed to be winning matches, also turbo L1 (since it now has your light attack assigned to it) or Triangle for medium attack. Leave it running. 

I honestly don't recommend bothering with the 3 win/3 loss approach past 300k or so. The net gain from switching wins back and forth ends up not being very much more than the BP you get from one person winning repeatedly. If you're able to do so, just set up the AFK approach, reconnect occasionally as necessary to your boosting partner, and then when one hits 530k BP, switch. The second player will shoot up a lot faster due to defeating somebody so much higher anyway.

Edit: Looks like you can only match up with people within 2 ranks of yourself, so be sure to switch occasionally to keep your boosting partner in range. Since there are rank thresholds at 330k, 400k, and 500k, when you're both a bit under 400k you can just let one person keep winning until they hit 530k, then switch. The number of wins/losses required is low enough that the losing character should stay above 330k long enough for the winner to make it. If the loser is going to drop below 330k, though, be sure to switch for a bit to avoid that.

Edited by Thermopyle2
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BrilloHD said:

So how long does it normally take to boost up to 530K? Assuming both players are under 100K (I'm at 91K).

Took me and a friend around 9 hours. Zero troubles. Found each other always with blue connection in the china lobbies. That was about a month ago

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Took me and a friend around 9 hours. Zero troubles. Found each other always with blue connection in the china lobbies. That was about a month ago

Longer than I thought haha. Thank you! I might think about doing this within the next week or so. Maybe in segments as 9 straight hours of this would be rough haha.

Am having trouble to boost with a partner, we are in the same lobby no more people in this lobby (china) same rank but we cant fight againts each other I have other people from other lobbies that appears instead in this matchmaking any clue to boost this up?

Just now, Mono_Mauro said:

Am having trouble to boost with a partner, we are in the same lobby no more people in this lobby (china) same rank but we cant fight againts each other I have other people from other lobbies that appears instead in this matchmaking any clue to boost this up?

Not sure what your relative BP levels are, but make sure you have Anything Goes for the other two settings. About the Same should be what you use for the rank matching, unless one of you is more than one rank lower in which case that person should set it as the Looking for Challenge option.

Other than that, just make sure you've both marked each other for easy identification and keep trying. Sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes to find the right person. 

So I was trying to boost with someone today. They were about 250K more BP than me. After nearly four hours, we just could not connect/get matched up. And we tried plenty of things, checked many settings, etc. Nothing worked.

How much does the BP gap between players matter? And does the region we physically reside in matter?

14 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

So I was trying to boost with someone today. They were about 250K more BP than me. After nearly four hours, we just could not connect/get matched up. And we tried plenty of things, checked many settings, etc. Nothing worked.

How much does the BP gap between players matter? And does the region we physically reside in matter?

Physical region doesn't matter. You do need to be within 2 ranks of each other to match up, though, so either the higher character could fight randoms and lose for a bit to drop until you're within 2 ranks or the higher character could create an alt to boost the lower player up a bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Physical region doesn't matter. You do need to be within 2 ranks of each other to match up, though, so either the higher character could fight randoms and lose for a bit to drop until you're within 2 ranks or the higher character could create an alt to boost the lower player up a bit.

I see. Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...