530k boosting question

Deluziion90

19 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Is this still currently the best method? My friend and I just hit Super Saiyan rank and gains have slowed down incredibly. We were basically alternating wins up to this point but now wondering if small streaks are better?

I’ve also seen older posts here saying p1 win 2, p2 win 5, p1 win 5, but they’re 1-2 years old now, before patches, so no idea if it’s helpful now.

We really need the most up-to-date, time efficient BP boosting method available.

The reason a lot of those old methods are obsolete is because they changed how BP and matchmaking work. It used to be much easier and quicker, but changes in the BP and matchmaking systems made it so you can't boost the same way anymore. I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about changes to matchmaking/BP since my post, so I assume it's still the most up-to-date method.

BP gains do drop off a cliff after a few ranks, unfortunately. It's not a quick boost - like I said above expect about 300 fights.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tothoro said:

The reason a lot of those old methods are obsolete is because they changed how BP and matchmaking work. It used to be much easier and quicker, but changes in the BP and matchmaking systems made it so you can't boost the same way anymore. I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about changes to matchmaking/BP since my post, so I assume it's still the most up-to-date method.

BP gains do drop off a cliff after a few ranks, unfortunately. It's not a quick boost - like I said above expect about 300 fights.

Thanks for responding since your original post was a few months back.

I’ll tell my boosting partner we’ll try the p1-p2-p2, p2-p1-p1 method and hopefully that will make it a bit more bearable.

Because right now it’s like win: 3500ish BP, lose -1800ish BP. And that’s at Super Saiyan rank, it’s just gonna get worse. And at the moment we just passed 100 matches the other night. So I guess it will be a while.

4 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Because right now it’s like win: 3500ish BP, lose -1800ish BP. And that’s at Super Saiyan rank, it’s just gonna get worse. And at the moment we just passed 100 matches the other night. So I guess it will be a while.

When me and my boosting partner did this, at the end, we made maybe 100bp pr round we won..... Strap in for a shitty time :o 

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I finally finished it up and yeah the P1-P2-P2, P2-P1-P1 method worked fine. It definitely slows down a bit after 400k but it was not too bad. After hitting 500k, the rank up bonus definitely helps make that last 30k a breeze.

Now I just need 18.5 million zeni lol

Edited by Veritas7Ax

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Posting here to confirm P1-P2-P2-P2-P1-P1 boosting configuration still works 

Just make sure to stop matchmaking after the 3rd fight, game was apparently changed so you can no longer face the same person more than 3 fights 

That way, when you search again in an empty lobby you'll always find your boosting partner ? 

Only times that can screw you up are the rank up matches, so be careful with that

Edit: you'll get the trophy after 260 fights approx 

Edited by LeonStJohn
Additional info

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, patrahn said:

Hey guys, I can boost with 2 consoles and an Alt Account. Do I also have to switch wins or can I go full wins with my main? I tested China Lobby and I found myself at once.

As far as i remember, yes, you have to keep switching, or else you will get too far away from your alts level, and wont match up :)  

• 5 months later...

So i read from an old guide that its possible to quit app before you lose and keep your BP and not lose any. But its old info and by now the game has a lot of patches, is someone that is currently playing the game able to confirm if quitting still works? cause i assume once you quit the other person takes the win anyway so no harm for anyone.

13 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

I have PS4 and PS5, can i boost by myself Alone against to a dummy account?

Yes. Just keep switching victories and you are fine:

Main wins 1, Dummy wins 2

Dummy wins 1, Main wins 2

Main wins 1, Dummy wins 2

Dummy wins 1, Main wins 2

Etc.

On 1/23/2023 at 6:48 AM, Mastodon_Slayer said:

Ok, thank you.

Just finished it with a dummy since the game is currently $10 and seemed to work without a ps plus...

I changed up the pattern when my 2 guys hit Supreme Kai rank at 400,000BP since you don't need the dummy to hit 530k but he needs to stay within 2 ranks of the main.

When dummy hits 415K I would change pattern to;
Main wins round 1, dummy wins round 2, main wins round 3. Repeat.
When dummy gets down to 403K you want him to win twice so he builds some BP. Don't let him drop below 400k because he will rank down and lose 10,000BP that you will have to make up. 

At 500K change Same Rank matching to Close to Same Rank matching and finish up.

Hope that helps, took 200 matches, about 8 hours.

Edited by Adamdudepure
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Tendo-Sennin said:

Hello,

I have quick (maybe dumb) question: do I have to boost the BP in one session, or can I do it in multiple seesions? I just want be sure, that I do everything right.

Thank you in advance! :)

multiple sessions, no problem with that. I finished mine between yesterday and today

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2020 at 11:45 AM, yusuf_jones8938 said:

Dude honestly, 530k isnt really that much anymore. All the good players have twice that at least. You should be able to get that trophy just playing normal tbh

Yo bud might what to drop the snarky attitude. It won't get you far in life.

(Edit: Just noticed the date. Oh well. Still applies).

Edited by Sparklebun1996

I was able to boost this solo using my PS5 and the Playstation Plus program on my PC. For those that don't have two consoles available to boost solo this was a very easy alternative. This may be a time sensitive method as it relied on the streaming feature for Playstation Plus titles using the program on PC. If DBFZ leaves PS+ this method may no longer be feasible.

1. Launch DBFZ on guest account on my PS5 and navigate to the world match NPC for ranked play in an empty lobby (I used Tawain Lobby 4 for all my boosting sessions)
  2. Launch the Playstation Plus program/app on PC, using your main account, and launch DBFZ.
  3. Navigate to the world match NPC in the same lobby as your guest account.
  4. Simultaneously begin searching for a ranked match, you should find a match with your guest account pretty quickly. I used the vibration that triggers when a match is found to make sure I was being matched with myself. If both controllers vibrated at the same time then I was fighting myself.
  5. Followed the P1-P2-P2-P2-P1-P1 method until both accounts reached 430kish. 
  6. After hitting 430k rating I just had my main account win until I reached 530k, switching to "About same" rank when my main account hit over 500k.

18 hours ago, HlROSHOU said:

I was able to boost this solo using my PS5 and the Playstation Plus program on my PC. For those that don't have two consoles available to boost solo this was a very easy alternative. This may be a time sensitive method as it relied on the streaming feature for Playstation Plus titles using the program on PC. If DBFZ leaves PS+ this method may no longer be feasible.

1. Launch DBFZ on guest account on my PS5 and navigate to the world match NPC for ranked play in an empty lobby (I used Tawain Lobby 4 for all my boosting sessions)
  2. Launch the Playstation Plus program/app on PC, using your main account, and launch DBFZ.
  4. Simultaneously begin searching for a ranked match, you should find a match with your guest account pretty quickly. I used the vibration that triggers when a match is found to make sure I was being matched with myself. If both controllers vibrated at the same time then I was fighting myself.
  6. After hitting 430k rating I just had my main account win until I reached 530k, switching to "About same" rank when my main account hit over 500k.

Thank you for listing step by step. I’ll definitely try this method so i can finally get this game done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 23.4.2023 at 8:26 PM, HlROSHOU said:

Hi! Definitely thanks for the tip. But as someone who neither has premium, never used the PS plus app or barely does any of those shenanigans, here are a few questions.

1. How is the guest able to use online functions like online matching in dbfz?

2. There's literally an app for, say, my laptop where I can play ps4 games without the need to either own or connect to a ps4? Do I stream it? Which PS plus Tier do I need?do I download my cloud save from ps plus to my laptop and then stream the game with the save?

Sounds like some really dumb questions but I'm heavily confused about those two things. Sorry.

20 hours ago, I-Monco-I said:

Hi! Definitely thanks for the tip. But as someone who neither has premium, never used the PS plus app or barely does any of those shenanigans, here are a few questions.

2. There's literally an app for, say, my laptop where I can play ps4 games without the need to either own or connect to a ps4? Do I stream it? Which PS plus Tier do I need?do I download my cloud save from ps plus to my laptop and then stream the game with the save?

Sounds like some really dumb questions but I'm heavily confused about those two things. Sorry.

I'll do my best to answer these questions, if they're not clear please let me know and I can take another stab at it lol.

I'm not sure I know the exact "science" behind how this process works but I believe it has something to do with the way licenses are shared on a console. For example, any games I purchase on my primary account on my primary PS5 can be played by guests on that account, they do not need to purchase the game in order to play. In that same vein I believe that online play through "Ps Plus" (or whatever they call it now) is shared across all those accounts as long as the one account on the PS5 has a subscription. Others reading this please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm not sure exactly why it works, but I know it does work.

Yes, there is an app that you can download to your laptop to play ps4 games without needing to own or connect to a PS4. The app is called Playstation Plus PC app. This is NOT the same thing as the Playstation Remote Play app which requires a PS4/5 and "streams" gameplay from that device. I had to look this up, but it seems it does require PS Plus Premium to use the app, it's not available at the lower tiers. I couldn't find an exact answer on the cloud saving aspect. I know it uses cloud saves to pick up where you left off on console and to save your progress on PC, but I don't think it actually "downloads" that content to your PC, but I might be wrong. Regardless, that shouldn't matter for boosting as those stats are kept server side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HlROSHOU said:

I'll do my best to answer these questions, if they're not clear please let me know and I can take another stab at it lol.

I'm not sure I know the exact "science" behind how this process works but I believe it has something to do with the way licenses are shared on a console. For example, any games I purchase on my primary account on my primary PS5 can be played by guests on that account, they do not need to purchase the game in order to play. In that same vein I believe that online play through "Ps Plus" (or whatever they call it now) is shared across all those accounts as long as the one account on the PS5 has a subscription. Others reading this please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm not sure exactly why it works, but I know it does work.

Yes, there is an app that you can download to your laptop to play ps4 games without needing to own or connect to a PS4. The app is called Playstation Plus PC app. This is NOT the same thing as the Playstation Remote Play app which requires a PS4/5 and "streams" gameplay from that device. I had to look this up, but it seems it does require PS Plus Premium to use the app, it's not available at the lower tiers. I couldn't find an exact answer on the cloud saving aspect. I know it uses cloud saves to pick up where you left off on console and to save your progress on PC, but I don't think it actually "downloads" that content to your PC, but I might be wrong. Regardless, that shouldn't matter for boosting as those stats are kept server side.

Very helpful answer, thanks a lot man!

Just need to downrank now with my main to be able to match with the guest hahaha

But luckily I wasn't ranked very highly I think.