Issue updating Minecraft

Karmoosh_2-Fit

Hi.

A friend of mine has an issue updating Minecraft, it's stuck at ver 1.00 & no update is available. We tried every possible solution including formatting. Every other game works & updates just fine. They are using a Playstation TV, not a Vita.

Why wouldn't the game trigger any update? Although it was available before. it's really a strange bug. Any possible solution/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Karmoosh_2-Fit said:

There was an update but there wasn't enough memory storage, so it was canceled. After installing a memory card, only the basic game downloads & no update is available. The game is supported by PS TV.

Is the game digital or a card?

There was an update but there wasn't enough memory storage, so it was canceled. After installing a memory card, only the basic game downloads & no update is available. The game is supported by PS TV.

Were you able to update your game to version 1.83?

I installed mine and updated it a month or so ago, everything went fine. Do a system restore, as even a Vita 1000 or PS TV has a minimal memory storage and maybe that is corrupted. Minecraft is a mess and prone to corrupting saves and consequently the memory card, just avoid creating many maps.

As you will expect a system restore will erase everything in the system, so remember that.

25 minutes ago, Karmoosh_2-Fit said:

Digital

Yes I have a vita & was able to update to 1.83. So the update server is supported & should be the same for the PS TV.

When were you able to update to 1.83? My friend has a problem with updating digital version on vita- he is  stuck on version 1.00.. any ideas?

49 minutes ago, cris3f said:

I installed mine and updated it a month or so ago, everything went fine. Do a system restore, as even a Vita 1000 or PS TV has a minimal memory storage and maybe that is corrupted. Minecraft is a mess and prone to corrupting saves and consequently the memory card, just avoid creating many maps.

As you will expect a system restore will erase everything in the system, so remember that.

System restore didn't work as well. It appears to be a new issue with the update server, according to what Kristmas2 said...

30 minutes ago, Kristmas2 said:

When were you able to update to 1.83? My friend has a problem with updating digital version on vita- he is  stuck on version 1.00.. any ideas?

I installed & updated the game around 2 weeks ago. I had no issue to update.

I got the same problem just about now. I deleted all my saves and the game itself (for the passing time trophy) but now i dont get any updates, its stuck on 1.00. i dont play via pstv dont even own it. I tried reistalling the game and so on wifi is working fine and all other games work too

7 hours ago, G2F4U said:

I got the same problem just about now. I deleted all my saves and the game itself (for the passing time trophy) but now i dont get any updates, its stuck on 1.00. i dont play via pstv dont even own it. I tried reistalling the game and so on wifi is working fine and all other games work too

I see it's an issue with the update server. We must contact Mojang about this. Even if their support to the vita version has stopped, we have a right to be able to update & play the game.

We must send them many complaints to react & do something about it. So whoever has this issue, please contact Mojang, only they can fix this. Let's work on this!

I see it's an issue with the update server. We must contact Mojang about this. Even if their support to the vita version has stopped, we have a right to be able to update & play the game.

We must send them many complaints to react & do something about it. So whoever has this issue, please contact Mojang, only they can fix this. Let's work on this!

If it's a problem with the update server it's an issue on sonys end

1 hour ago, Karmoosh_2-Fit said:

is there an email that i can write to? 

On 22.4.2020 at 4:19 PM, Karmoosh_2-Fit said:

Yes, I just sent them. This is the link:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I also contacted them on their Twitter Support:

http://Check out Mojang Support (@MojangSupport): https://twitter.com/MojangSupport?s=09

Alright i've sent Sony an E-mail couple hours ago, Mojang Support has an E-mail now too 

Edit: i got an E-mail back from Sony to rebuild my database and format my memory card, which of course did nothing, got an E-mail back from Mojang they've sent me a link to download the Minecraft Launcher Java Edition smfh man ?

Edited by G2F4U
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 7:48 PM, G2F4U said:

Alright i've sent Sony an E-mail couple hours ago, Mojang Support has an E-mail now too 

Edit: i got an E-mail back from Sony to rebuild my database and format my memory card, which of course did nothing, got an E-mail back from Mojang they've sent me a link to download the Minecraft Launcher Java Edition smfh man 1f611.png

Oh this sounds bad. They didn't reply to me yet. I'll contact them again. Do you still not have an update available?

It's very bad. I have the same problem. I try to play minecraft online game with my friend on PSV, But the online failure shows that the version is wrong. I checked his version and my version. His version is 1.84 while my version is 1.83, I deleted my digital game, which was purchased in PSN Hong Kong store. After re-downloading, I found that the game could not be updated, and the version remained at 1.0, I borrowed the Japan version of the card used by my friend, which can be updated normally after re-downloading.  Maybe we should go to aka.ms/mcbugs to report the problem, but the interface shows that the Legacy Console Edition version no longer solves the new problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G2F4U said:

I just booted up my vita and i'm able to update it to 1.84

Cool, will try

On 4/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, ji_GGO0 said:

It's very bad. I have the same problem. I try to play minecraft online game with my friend on PSV, But the online failure shows that the version is wrong. I checked his version and my version. His version is 1.84 while my version is 1.83, I deleted my digital game, which was purchased in PSN Hong Kong store. After re-downloading, I found that the game could not be updated, and the version remained at 1.0, I borrowed the Japan version of the card used by my friend, which can be updated normally after re-downloading.  Maybe we should go to aka.ms/mcbugs to report the problem, but the interface shows that the Legacy Console Edition version no longer solves the new problem.

But isn't the latest version for the vita is 1.83? I have version 1.83.

39 minutes ago, Karmoosh_2-Fit said:

Cool, will try

But isn't the latest version for the vita is 1.83? I have version 1.83.

Correct. The official wiki confirms the last patch for the Legacy Edition is 1.83: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Legacy_Console_Edition_version_history#1.83

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

Hi guys!

I bought the game yesterday and also noticed there was no update. In today's morning (that is 11 am CEST) I wrote an email to 4jstudios, the people behind the port, and half an hour later I got a response that they are thanking for the report and they are fixing this. Looks like they already solved the issue as I'm downloading the update right now.