Peeress of Pull-Ups Trophy Guide

6 hours ago, JinjonatorX said:

It's a combo of the 2 for sure. Like, I got 44 when I won... but also 44 when I lost. Same skill and success on my part, but win or lose after that was basically a coin toss out of my control. Being really good definitely betters those odds though lol

Luck definitely factors into it, but you also have to be good enough to hit at least 41.  He only hit 40 on my successful run, so as long as you get lucky with him only hitting 40 like he did for me then you'll get it.  I wonder if luck materia has any sort of hidden effect on it?  I had a low level one on Tifa and didn't realize until after, but it was still random, he hit 44 75% or more of the attempts I did.

Edited by Snake2410

I got this - it’s tough, no question. Only real advice I can give is that after the first rapid tap happens, and the indicator fades for the second time, you don’t need to worry about the pace at all - just go as fast as your fingers will go, only stopping for the rapid taps.

i got it with 44-43, so by no means a great win, but I’ll take it

9 minutes ago, phoenix_shade said:

This trophy was harder for me than the Level 7 simulator fight

Fair call haha, Ya Pride and Joy waves aren't too bad especially with the right setup. I started helping others with that one too usually I get people who were struggling with pull ups or that so figured may as well help both.

I’m glad people on here have gotten this incredibly annoying trophy. Kudos! I’ve been trying to get it since Monday and it’s been a heck of a challenge to say the least. The closest I’ve gotten to is 40 and that’s it. I love this game and do want to platinum it. I’m only missing this and dressed to the nines. I’ve never been one to quit but I’m just mentally exhausted from trying lol This shouldn’t be that crazy difficult so if anyone can help I would appreciate it!

• Like 1

This was by far the most frustrating trophy on my way to the platinum. I have no idea how many attempts I had, but it was a solid 30 - 45 minutes. In the end my score was 46 and his was either 40 or 41. I actually found taking my time worked a treat. Even though at points I could mash away ultra fast, I'd still eventually mess up. While not going at a snails pace, just taking my time and nott getting ahead of myself netted me the trophy. I ended up scoring 23 on both rounds 

I finally did it! It took me 2 hours. I took your advice Alley_Cat_8633 and muted the tv and it really made a difference. I kept getting 42-43 but I would either lose in a tie or by a point and it was frustrating. Then decided to do what Ayoama said and just relax and take it at my own pace. Beat Jules 45-42 and it felt like a weight had been lifted from me. Awesome feeling! 

Edited by Fearless0610
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Fearless0610 said:

I finally did it! It took me 2 hours. I took your advice Alley_Cat_8633 and muted the tv and it really made a difference. I kept getting 42-43 but I would either lose in a tie or by a point and it was frustrating. Then decided to do what Ayoama said and just relax and take it at my own pace. Beat Jules 45-42 and it felt like a weight had been lifted from me. Awesome feeling! 

Huge congrats mate! And congrats to anyone that has recently obtained it!

• Like 1

JULES IS THE ULTIMATE WEAPON OF FFVII REMAKE.?

Managed to get there 44-43. Once I stormed ahead by 5 pull ups ahead in R1, and I lost my attention when I noticed that Jules is pumping away faster than he should be and catch up.

The only thing I can offer is: Don't look at Jules. Seriously. Focus on Tifa. You have to be perfect in both rounds to stand a chance. If you get frustrated, go and blew off some steam in the colosseum.

• Like 1

Turning off speech and music helps, but what made me get better was to stop focusing on the button order and go into a 'zen' like state. It's hard to explain, but in my early attempts I kept paying attention to the button order, but doing the first pull-ups in slow mode will put that pretty much in your muscle memory. Then, after increasing the tempo, I'd always screw up when the repeated button press prompt showed up. I'd always push the next button too fast, so I reminded myself to delay a bit and go from there. For some reason I had a harder time with amateur than pro, because I just wasn't tuned to the flow of the mechanic, but once I stopped thinking about the button order and watched out for the repeat presses, I did a lot better. When I won I got 44-41, first time I ever saw Jules get such a low number.

The top secret 5 is a harder challenge, but this comes right after imo.

• Like 1

I muted my TV too because the guy shouting stuff put me off and Jules usually gets 41-44 reps, I never saw him get higher than 44. The thing that annoyed me though, is like the two times before I actually beat him, I got 42 he got 42 - tied so I lost; I then got 44 and he bloody got 44 - tied so I lost again! I beat him 46 - 41 after that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phunkyphenomenon said:

I struggle to even get to 40 pull-ups even with both audio turned off and 2 hours of trying.

What worked for me was muting the tv and putting a towel on the tv as well. Blocking Jules, the timer and Tifa’s score worked wonders for me. Just watching Tifa do her thing kept me focused the whole way

4 hours ago, Fearless0610 said:

What worked for me was muting the tv and putting a towel on the tv as well. Blocking Jules, the timer and Tifa’s score worked wonders for me. Just watching Tifa do her thing kept me focused the whole way

I used the same method (use a towel to cover half of the TV screen), but for the sound I only turned Voice and Music sound off.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, phunkyphenomenon said:

I struggle to even get to 40 pull-ups even with both audio turned off and 2 hours of trying.

Can message me if you still need help pal!

5 hours ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

I used the same method (use a towel to cover half of the TV screen), but for the sound I only turned Voice and Music sound off.

Lmfao facts ?

• Like 1

I finally managed to get this trophy after about three hours playing on and off. So I thought I'd share a couple of tips that I haven't seen posted yet.

1) Take a short break of a few minutes between rounds. It'll help you forget the previous sequence and clear your mind for a new one.

2) Ignore Jules's score after the first round, it has absolutely no bearing on his final score. 

On 4/30/2020 at 0:35 AM, phoenix_shade said:

This trophy was harder for me than the Level 7 simulator fight

This took me 45 minutes, Pride and Joy VR took me at least 2 hours. 

Granted the  build approach I took to that VR you had to be so precise with timing, especially on Bahamut since the trick was to pressure him to stop Iffrit from spawning, that it probably took me longer than if I'd have used a more tanky defensive build that took longer on each summon.

I found this slightly easier in some ways, but more frustrating in others so it was a toss up.

Edited by Snake2410

On 5/11/2020 at 11:08 AM, octan1979 said:

The Key is simplify the Pattern. Think easy.

Need 15 min to get the Trophy.

thumb_show.php?i=xzqb4p5a

The pattern you listed as complicated actually was the simpler pattern for me.  I tried it the second way first and it didn't work out at all.