Peeress of Pull-Ups Trophy Guide

It took me a while to get this trophy, but it was fair, imo. My strategy was to switch off brain and let the fingers do the work. I found it interesting experiment on how muscle memory works - everytime I would start thinking of the pattern I'm pressing I would mess up:) 

What finally worked for me was:

- No music and voice.

- Covering left half of screen.

- Waiting for a try where Jules gets less than 44, because that was my personal best in perfect attempts.

- Going steady first half and really fast last 15 seconds (it still can fail if you press buttons instantly one after another).

- And, most importantly, seeing controller buttons simply as two pairs. The pattern is either 2 diagonals parallel to each other, or 2 lines that cross each other. Split the buttons into these pairs, and just think of moving from one pair to another, rather than crisscrossing a group of 4 buttons which overcomplicates this challenge.

Got it with 44/43, the hardest trophy of the game for sure.

• Like 1

Any tips for fluid motion? I'm trying to press the buttons with what I think is good timing, but it just isn't working. Tifa doesn't have a nice, flowy movement with each pull up. I'm trying to go faster with each successful pull-up. When it speeds up, I start to press the buttons in the wrong order. I've turned off the music and covered Jules' side with a towel, but I can still barely do 30 pull ups total. :(  I've got bad hands too, so this doesn't help. 

I just can't get the hang of this. I'm doomed. I'll be really frustrated if this causes me to lose the platinum. :/ 

Edited by UberniXi
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This trophy has stopped my game progress altogether. I have not been able to open this and so I rage quit after 30-45mins a try and go to other games.

I've been trying to find out what I've been doing wrong, but none of the comments/guides have had any insights. Once I reached 23 in the first round and fell on the second at the end of the timer just as I was 44 and he beat me with 44 as well... But I have not been able to replicate this at all.

What I want to know is this - are you doing this with 4 fingers or one? This is the only thing I have not been able to discern from people's comments. I understand the tips about not looking at the buttons, thinking of them as directions rather than square triangle etc and turning off unnecessary noises. Any more tips would be more than welcome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 4:24 PM, dominuss26 said:

This trophy has stopped my game progress altogether. I have not been able to open this and so I rage quit after 30-45mins a try and go to other games.

I've been trying to find out what I've been doing wrong, but none of the comments/guides have had any insights. Once I reached 23 in the first round and fell on the second at the end of the timer just as I was 44 and he beat me with 44 as well... But I have not been able to replicate this at all.

What I want to know is this - are you doing this with 4 fingers or one? This is the only thing I have not been able to discern from people's comments. I understand the tips about not looking at the buttons, thinking of them as directions rather than square triangle etc and turning off unnecessary noises. Any more tips would be more than welcome.

assuming you meant right hand, definitely one finger. this mini-game is not about going as fast as you can, but rather pressing the right button at the right rhythm. the rhythm goes from slow at the beginning, steadily going faster and faster as you rack up your pull-ups. if you go too fast when you're supposed to be slow, you fall. if you go too slow when you're supposed to be fast, you either fall or lose time. here is what I did, which is mostly similar to others:

- turn off music and voice, but not sound. the sound cue when you do pull-ups helps.

- if you are distracted by Jules, cover the left half of the screen with towel or something.

- focus on button prompt at the beginning, then Tifa's body movement once it disappears.

- try to not fall at all. if you fall and it's not close to the end of a round, give up and start over.

- Jules hits 44 often, so if you don't want to rely on RNG you need to score at least 45.

the most important part is my third point: focus on Tifa's body movement as it tells you the current rhythm. ideally, you want her movement to be fluid and natural. if it looks robotic (pausing every now and then), you're not going fast enough. always be on guard with the occasional fatigue challenge, though. keep at it and you should get it eventually.

12 hours ago, xurdias said:

assuming you meant right hand, definitely one finger. this mini-game is not about going as fast as you can, but rather pressing the right button at the right rhythm. the rhythm goes from slow at the beginning, steadily going faster and faster as you rack up your pull-ups. if you go too fast when you're supposed to be slow, you fall. if you go too slow when you're supposed to be fast, you either fall or lose time. here is what I did, which is mostly similar to others:

- turn off music and voice, but not sound. the sound cue when you do pull-ups helps.

- if you are distracted by Jules, cover the left half of the screen with towel or something.

- focus on button prompt at the beginning, then Tifa's body movement once it disappears.

- try to not fall at all. if you fall and it's not close to the end of a round, give up and start over.

- Jules hits 44 often, so if you don't want to rely on RNG you need to score at least 45.

the most important part is my third point: focus on Tifa's body movement as it tells you the current rhythm. ideally, you want her movement to be fluid and natural. if it looks robotic (pausing every now and then), you're not going fast enough. always be on guard with the occasional fatigue challenge, though. keep at it and you should get it eventually.

Thanks for the tips. I think I know most of them, but it doesn't help when you go faster and faster, and then fatigue challenge ... uggh... I mean, I had wayyy harder trophies obtained (damn you chocobo baloon race), but the fact that it takes 45-60 seconds of loading times between retries is what actually breaks me...

8 hours ago, dominuss26 said:

Thanks for the tips. I think I know most of them, but it doesn't help when you go faster and faster, and then fatigue challenge ... uggh... I mean, I had wayyy harder trophies obtained (damn you chocobo baloon race), but the fact that it takes 45-60 seconds of loading times between retries is what actually breaks me...

off topic but if you don't have plan to acquire a PS5 anytime soon, I'd very much recommend you to get a Solid State Drive (SSD) for your PS4. it works wonders for loading time in AAA games to the point that the time saved alone is worth the investment. get a good SSD (but not too good, as PS4's processing power is lower than PC which will bottleneck the SSD) and a 2.5" HDD external enclosure. replace your PS4's internal HDD with SSD, and then put the former into the enclosure as an external drive. store only the games you are currently playing in the SSD and move the rest to the external drive to save space. there are tons of articles online about this, from SSD selection to videos on DIY SSD replacement. finally when you're done with your PS4 and about to sell or give it away, you can put the original HDD back in the console and keep the SSD as your external storage for any use.

I first bought a (vanilla) PS4 in 2015. I replaced the drive on 2017 following atrocious loading time in Final Fantasy XV. I bought a PS4 Pro in 2018, which I promptly move my SSD into. when I finally moved to PS5 in 2021, I can only imagine how much time that SSD has saved me in 4 years across thousands of hours of AAA gaming.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi would anyone be able to help me with the Peeress of Pull-ups trophy 

I've watched and read all guides but I havent been able to complete the challenge 

Does anyone have any extra tips? I've turned off the music and put a towel over jules side of the screen 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay, I thought I´m the only one who is bad with rhythm.

I really tried to achieve this trophy, also with a count of 25 after round 1 and some 44. But got lucky enough to win.

Maybe someone is up to help with via share play? Seems that some people have fun with this trophy at all... :-)

22 hours ago, schwappi2k14 said:

Okay, I thought I´m the only one who is bad with rhythm.

I really tried to achieve this trophy, also with a count of 25 after round 1 and some 44. But got lucky enough to win.

Maybe someone is up to help with via share play? Seems that some people have fun with this trophy at all... :-)

So did you or didn't you get it eventually? Because I'm still struggling with it (to be fair haven't tried it the past two months, but I'm still struggling with it mentally).

35 minutes ago, dominuss26 said:

So did you or didn't you get it eventually? Because I'm still struggling with it (to be fair haven't tried it the past two months, but I'm still struggling with it mentally).

Keep trying it eventually you will get it. I got it after around 50 tries

Now i have a problem. After getting it on PS4 i didnot save. So if i planned to auto pop in PS5 i need to do it all over again

40 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Keep trying it eventually you will get it. I got it after around 50 tries

Now i have a problem. After getting it on PS4 i didnot save. So if i planned to auto pop in PS5 i need to do it all over again

What do you mean you didn't save? Just plug in the ps4, and upload the saves...

On 6/10/2023 at 0:02 PM, dominuss26 said:

What do you mean you didn't save? Just plug in the ps4, and upload the saves...

After getting the trophy i did not manually save the game. I closed the game 

now if i transferred my game to ps5 the save will have first two beaten and i have to do the final one again 

understood !!

• 8 months later...

god this trophy is such bullshit no wonder i sacked the game off, so fucking rage inducing.

:yay::yay: Hell Yeah finally got it only took an hour :yay::yay:

Edit: - Hiding jules with a cloth deffo seemed to help, but thank god that trophy is over, rather stick needles in  my eyes than do that again.

Edited by KAdamsy1

7 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

god this trophy is such bullshit no wonder i sacked the game off, so fucking rage inducing.

:yay::yay: Hell Yeah finally got it only took an hour :yay::yay:

Edit: - Hiding jules with a cloth deffo seemed to help, but thank god that trophy is over, rather stick needles in  my eyes than do that again.

Ya I didn't realise how many got psyched out by seeing Jules so covering him is a good strat too!