The Kids Game Collection

Sukezaemon32

(with inspiration from A-Brawl3r, Beyondthegrave07, madbuk and TakahashiDemon's Trophy Checklists)

1yelWST.png

Greetings, boys and girls. Welcome to my collection of games that anyone can beat with minimal effort! I'm Sukezaemon32, formerly LorenzoTheComic on Playstation Network, an autistic crazy import gamer. I haven't started hunting for trophies until this year, when I somehow stumbled upon several webpages that listed easy Playstation 3 games. That greatly enticed me to play the Playstation 3 more often than I used to.

Platinum trophies (if you can call them that)

1Lbd5695.pngClannad

I would recommend this visual novel to any fan of the anime. Aside from a few decisions that might be difficult to distinguish, here lies an incredibly easy Platinum trophy as long as you have a guide in handy.

1L442a4e.pngToy Story Mania!

Howdy pardners! Ya lookin' for a really easy Platinum? Then I reckon' this game for ya! Only a few objectives in this game may be a little bit annoying, but overall this game (I know, sorry but I emphasize "this game" a whole lot) was okay.

1L906df5.pngSonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

While playing this collection, I felt like I was 10 years old again. Why does the back of the box say "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" over a screenshot of Sonic the Hedgehog 3? There were a few games that I had virtually no problems with. People who have trouble with Yatta! make me laugh. Puyo Puyo is a simple puzzle game, and you have infinite continues in that game. Probably the most difficult games for me were Alien Storm, E-SWAT and Fatal Labyrinth. The fact that you can use save states and doesn't count against trophies severely lessens the difficulty, so don't be afraid to utilize them!

1Lcda140.pngTekken Tag Tournament HD

Hands down the simplest fighting game Platinum trophy to exist. But this trophy had me nervous as I was trying to defeat Unknown in time. I mostly play Tekken games for their trophies. At least this game doesn't require an Online Pass like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 does.

1Le0270d.pngSonic Generations

In Sonic Generations, Classic Sonic meets Modern Sonic. Classic Sonic appears to able to spin dash faster than he used to, while Modern Sonic has an easier time going through his levels than he did in Sonic Unleashed.

1L6c6760.pngL@ve Once: Mermaid's Tears

Some players might say that this visual novel is easier than Clannad. I wasn't quite sure what to do about going for the remaining CG's at first.

S2a6406.pngTime Leap Final trophy for this account.

100% completions

Sf395ee.pngVividred Operation: Akane to Mayotto Operation!

When I saw this game on a list of PSN games, I had no idea what to expect... some sort of combat-based game? This game, by far, is one of the easiest digital PS3 games to complete. This entire game can be completed in less than 5 minutes. Even sub 4:55 is possible.

Sc28de8.pngGunstar Heroes

Ah, a game that I regretfully refused to play until 2013. As with any Sega Genesis game conversion developed by Backbone Entertainment, keep using those save states! None of the trophies in this game require you to achieve an objective on higher difficulty settings, so just play through the game on Easy. Start the game with all four weapons, you earn a trophy. Defeat certain bosses, you earn a trophy. Beat the game, you earn a trophy. Just be sure to look out for Crab Force, a red wall thingy that seems to be rarely chosen.

Sfabdb5.pngSonic the Fighters

Wow, is this a joke or what? Earning trophies for clearing each stage in a Fighting Game? What about a trophy for winning a given amount of online matches? Nope, that would be too much to ask for. This game's XMB even has a trophy description that tells you how to earn that trophy.

S4d5441.pngStreets of Rage 2

Because I enjoy playing Streets of Rage games, completing this game wasn't so hard. First, map the special attack button to one that your USB controller doesn't have enough buttons for, clear the game on Very Easy with a USB controller (like an NES controller, that way you don't accidentally do a special attack) so that you can earn 7 trophies in one playthrough. There are still a few people who play online matches in SOR2, but wow is the netcode in the Sega Vintage Collection games terrible. When I was the host, I thought it was funny at first. But then I was Player 2, and the half-second input delay is the worst that I've experienced of all time.

Sef5ab3.pngCyber Troopers: Virtual On

It's a sad story that this game and Virtua Striker were restricted to the Japanese Playstation store. But this game's even easier than Sonic the Fighters! All you have do to is defeat each of the first five opponents with less than 25 seconds remaining to face a secret opponent, then during the ending credits flick the stick or d-pad at least 100 times. The end.

Sfd41f6.pngTekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue

Part of the Tekken Hybrid disc, starring a robot girl and a "Chinese" girl.

Sead27f.pngTekken Revolution

Take that, Tecmo! Namco beat you to releasing a free fighting game, and includes more default playable characters. Anyways, all the objectives are pretty simple. I like it that my first great victory was against a Lili player. The Mokujin Festival boosted my gold points by a considerable amount.

S3788d2.pngCure Mate Club

Another visual novel, another easy completion (thanks MainComptonese!). There aren't as many decisions as Clannad and they occur less frequently.

S075d31.pngNew Paint Park

Now, I seriously regret having a trophy from this game as my 500th trophy, that should have been from a much more complex game. I didn't like the idea of having to buy more colors, paintbrushes, etc. It makes me want to play Mario Paint or that Kids Paint game for the Wii. But hey, it's a paint app for a portable system with very easy trophies in it.

S870a97.pngSonic the Hedgehog 2

After 4 straight hours of going for the Online Racer trophy, thanks to a buddy who had a gaming session with me, Sonic 2 is now complete. I collected two Chaos Emeralds and still managed to beat the game in under an hour. Thankfully in this game, every Chaos Emerald can be earned in Emerald Hill Zone. The only way I could speed run Chemical Plant Zone Act 1 was to turn into Super Sonic.

S76f741.pngDarkstalkers Resurrection

Kudos to Iron Galaxy Studios and the great work they have done, I've finally started to play the Darkstalkers series for the first time. I had my doubts about clearing the more difficult challenges such as Morrigan 3 & 5, Donovan 5 and Hsien-Ko 4, but by reading a few tricks carefully and understanding how to get the combos going, you should have enough determination to complete each character's trials. May this be the toughest game I've beaten yet.

S582c0f.pngMarvel vs. Capcom 2

I don't know what I was thinking as I tried to go for the 100% in this game three times; once on XBLA and twice on PSN, but I can clearly say: the community is not very friendly in regards to achievement boosting. Every trophy that can be earned offline is a cakewalk, but once you tackle the many many Ranked Matches it's a completely different story. The weaker players are drastically less persistent than the majority of the players you'll have a lot of trouble dealing with. Still, I think MvC2 is a really fun game. The most efficient way to win is to use Cable-B/Sentinel-Y/Captain Commando-B. Cable is a very straightforward character to use who doesn't require as much execution as a real man's character like Magneto or Storm. P.S. I wish you very good luck with those online trophies!

Se2885b.pngSonic the Hedgehog

The experience with these Genesis games would be much more enjoyable if Backbone Entertainment wouldn't just basically give these games Scoreboards, achievements/trophies and Online Matches and remove the ability to input cheat codes. It'd be nice if the spike invulnerability were fixed like in the Sonic Mega Collection version. They kinda feel like cash-ins to me. That sub-40-Minute trophy had me on my knees for a few months. But after watching a few Tool-Assisted Superplays, I was motivated to go for that 100%.

S4b05ea.pngThe Simpsons Arcade Game

The Simpsons is one of my favorite games from Konami. In addition, I used to play it at a Bowling Alley's Arcade once and made it up to Stage 7 until I ran out of quarters. Check out my completion time for this game!

Backlog

S5c7830.pngThe Walking Dead

It is a serious crime to play this game and not have its Platinum trophy. But, by popular demand I'll continue this game after I purchase it again just to complete it.

My favorite BlazBlue character is Platinum the Trinity. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Sukezaemon32
  • Like 3

You could put in the platinum trophies the game of phineas & ferb: across the 2nd dimension

the game is quite easy there is only 1 part or 2 that are difficult to get a trophy (don't diyng on crushing platforms when you in the end 3 in a row but the second makes you go down and you want to go up and there a trophy to don't be attacked by 4 laser beams 4 times and if you don't concetration you get attacked quickly) and the lame part is getting the collectibles where you have to play minigames to get them

I like your idea of putting the platinums in in spoilers. One of the things I don't like about my checklist is that it's rather unreadable because I made the platinum images too big. Should really get round to changing that.

Did you give up on Rayman Origins or did you put it on hiatus? It's a great game, and the only challenging part about the platinum are the time trials (Skull Teeth levels can be pretty tough too, but with a bit of practice they aren't too bad).

street of rage 2 wasn't so hard for me, after the welcome back package sony gave a bunch of games away for free one of them was street of rage 2 that came with a 90 day PS plus, of course i used to play SOR2 on normal / hardest difficulty all the time back in the 16-bit era so i never had any problems with it's trophies on ps3, but i couldn't earn the two online trophies about winning 1 to 10 online matches due to my slow connection, though my brother did 100% it boosting the online trophies with a friend on his account before the 90 days end.

I usually buy my games on Amazon. I used to shop on eBay, but I no longer use PayPal (talk about restricting myself like that...). Also, Clannad appears to have received a price drop. $80 isn't so bad of a price, since you get nice HD Anime visuals and an easy yet nice looking Platinum trophy.

• 1 month later...