UPGRADED - Question

TheHazard67

Does anyone know if you need to buy the top engine in 5 different cars or categories? I've bought the best engine for one H1 car, one Rally GT and three RX Super 1600s but the trophy did not unlock. I'm guessing I need five cars in five different categories or is this trophy glitched?

13 minutes ago, ph0nix123 said:

The trophy is buggy, from memory try buying one of the lower engines again and then change back to the top engine. I did have a little trouble unlocking the trophy. I used this https://www.trueachievements.com/a268709/upgraded-achievement to help me get the trophy.

Thanks that worked for me! ?

For anyone that goes through the same issue: I had to apply the first engine and the best one 4-6 times and I tried going out of the garage menu so the "Communicating with server..." message would show up, eventually the game crashed, my PS4 froze on the error screen but when I came back and applied the best engine again it popped.

Edited by TheHazard67
Grammar

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/6/2023 at 0:24 PM, Andre3K1823 said:

Well I have tried to downgrade and upgrade the engines several time, about 20k wasted. It's not working. Not sure what to do. I have 6 or 7 cars with the max engine upgrades and no trophy.

Check this page, the cars need to be for the base game and not dlc

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/guide_dirt_rally_2_0_-_full_car_list_and_all_rally_and_rallycross_locations

I upgraded the first 5 base game cars and the trophy unlocked, I did it not longer than 2 weeks ago.