Raiding for a Living, Question.

ColdDarkAndEmpty

It appears I have shot myself in the foot. Took a quick look at a guide and it only showed one missable trophy so I did the main quest first.

Now it appears I can no longer accept side quest for the gang leaders? 

To answer a few general questions. 

One gang turned on me but the other two Mason and Mag are still in my good grace, when I approach them for a side quest it won't initiate an actual conversation. 

My thoughts tell me I've messed up but I guess I'm looking for some sort of solution or validation. 

I have an old save where I've not started nuka world I suppose the silver lining would be I could do these missions early in the DLC. 

Hey! I was concerned when I read this post since I found myself in a similar spot (finished Nuka World main questline until Mags and her bro were dead) and I'm glad to report that finishing the questline shouldn't prevent you from doing quests for any leaders you left (unless you kill them later on for a quest one of their captives gives you).

In short, after only two gangs remain, talking to either Mason, Nisha or Mags (I assume, since she was the one I killed) they will ask you to do jobs for them. Killing certain NPCs, capturing them with a collar or destroying a bunch of enemies for supplies. Killing and putting collars can get tricky if the NPC scavenger spawns in a friendly place like Goodneighbor or Diamond City since killing them or collaring them on sight is deemed a crime and everyone will turn on you. You just need enough charisma to ask them to follow you then lead them to a spot were there are no witnesses, and make sure that you quicksave before risking it and that you either have no companion or Gage is your companion, others don't tolerate crime. You can pretty much take two jobs at a time and hop from Commonwealth to Nuka World and do them in baches of two, after getting your reward for your 12th radiant Nuka World gang leader mission, the trophy should pop up as it did for me. The most tedious part is the load times between Nuka and Commonwealth but keep at it and you'll get it before you know it, plus you get caps and EXP! 

If your issue is them not triggering dialoge when they should, make sure you don't have a companion registered as talking to you at the moment (maybe shuffle companions around so whatever line of code is linked to conversations gets cleared up), make sure that you have the latest patch (maybe you used a previous patch for some reason and it messes with their interactions) or at the very least your suggestion of starting over the Nuka DLC with a previous save should be fine, I thought of doing the exact same thing had I not been able to get the trophy post-DLC questline.

Edited by Eremoto
  • Like 1

I loaded my game and tried again with no luck. I went to William and he said Mags has some missions for you but when I spoke to her she thanked me and gave me a rifle-ever since then she won't have an actual conversation with me. 

I was able to find a scientist who gave me some kind of serum that will make someone join a camp. 

Mason gave me some kind of meat grenade that brings in the creatures and a melee weapon 

Other than that no more conversation is possible with or without a companion. 

I didnt use the serum or grenade because it's not in my mission logs. Once I get the 100,000 tokens trophy I'll load an old save and do them early as possible. 

Edited by ColdDarkAndEmpty
Forgot about melee weapon.

The things they gave you is expected, as they reward you for your loyalty with legendary weapons and special grenades, but usually talking to them after the fact should result in them asking for favours in the form of radiant quests. Your explanation leads me to believe that some sort of script broke and considering it's a Bethesda game, there are far too many options to consider: loading from area to area messed up their interactions, accidentaly hitting or hurting people on their factions in previous quests, having open dialogue with a companion like I suggested, game setting completion flags wrong... for all we know, waiting it out could solve it, like with the Nuka-Cola recipe that tends to phase underground and made some people wait for it to respawn. I myslef experienced something similar, as the Beverageer trophy only popped out for me once I did an extra Nuka mix and I've got far too many tales of Skyrim glitching out on me, and once resulted on an early trophy.

Your solution will probably be the wisest but before we rule everything out let me suggest one final solution: I was doing the mission were you find the old lady that leads a group of idiots and she asks you to retrieve five space suits from Nuka World so her and the squad could go into the fake UFO on a dumpster. I did the mission as usual up to the point where she has to do a speech on a hill, but she wouldn't speak, claiming that everyone needed to be gathered. After some minutes of looking around I found the missing idiot locked in that position your human companions are when they've taken too much damage and need a stimpak. Saving for safety, I killed the guy to see if the mission would go on but the quest was failed. I forgot to try and rob him but killing him in stealth was also a bust. However, reloading after the stealth kill made it so he was now standing up. But he would not move from his spot unless it was to turn around when I talked to him. I decided to do other stuff, quests and trophies and when I came back some (in-game) hours later the old lady and her group weren't on the hill but on the wrecked house down south. Talking to her now was  as if she had done her speech and I could finally complete the quest.

Why am I telling you this? Perhaps you could try something similar with Mason and Mags, see if that resets their behaviour. Sneak behind them, save (or quicksave) and hit them with a melee weapon (make sure that your weapon is either very weak or very strong. I had the OP Disciples knife Nisha gives you but usually this method helped me on very weak weapons like the commie wacker). They will most likely become hostile (if they don't outright die) and since this isn't Skyrim, putting away your blade won't prompt them to arrest you. Well, reload to before the stabby stab was commited and see if their AI has decided to stop shitting the bed. Mason sits on a throne against a wall, so he might be hardest to do that with, so I'd suggest you use Mags as a test subject. Otherwise, stick to your method, I'm just giving you tips that worked for me. Good luck with full completion! :D 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to circle back around and show appreciation for you taking the time to help me get this trophy that had been unobtainable for awhile for me. 

It was actually the fact that I had a companion that was bugged once I sent the companion away they started handing out the side quest.

Again, thank you.  

• Like 1

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It's not often that I see people having issues in games without no one being able to solve their problems so ever since I started trophy hunting I like to scout forums of games I know in and out to see if someone might need aid wit hstuff that glitches or the game doesn't explain properly. Usually I don't find anything but moments like these make it worth my time knowing no one is left behind.

No one should be stuck in a helpless state, at least that's what I believe. Glad I could offer some help and may no other game bug you out of a trophy. Happy hunting! :) 

• Like 1