Game breaking bug with throne of baal

Vern3r0z

So i was playing through the throne of Baal normally and after having killed the fourth baalspawn i got the mission to go back to Amkethran to deal with Balthazar. However when i got his chambers, he is nowhere to be found. All there is are 4 non hostile monks. I tried fighting my way in there through the monks in the city and using the key i got from them, and using the Saemon Havarian's route but both ended with same result. I have done all the trials thus far (4) in the pocket dimension. The earliest save i have available to me is right after talking with Balthazar for the first time, and even here he is not sitting in his throne. Is my save bricked or am i missing something?  This happen to anyone else?

Restarted the dlc and quickly ran through it and this time i was greeted by balthazar at the keeps gates and didn't go in there at all the first time visiting the city. I must have missed this encounter in my first playthrough, so i continued on with the game and this time he was in his throne room normally.  So keep this in mind when going for the difficulty trophy, DONT go to the keep when first visiting the city or you will brick your save.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

So, just to be clear. You DON'T go into the Monastery at all, but you DO go to the Monastery gates in Amkethran to trigger a conversation where Balthazar marks the two stronghold locations on your map. That's the correct progression to ensure you don't break the game?

Edited by bikeman223

7 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

So, just to be clear. You DON'T go into the Monastery at all, but you DO go to the Monastery gates in Amkethran to trigger a conversation where Balthazar marks the two stronghold locations on your map. That's the correct progression to ensure you don't break the game?

Yes, just talk to him at the gates if i remember correctly, its been a while since i platted this.

15 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

Yes, just talk to him at the gates if i remember correctly, its been a while since i platted this.

Yep, I just got to the fight and he was there. Thanks for the posts, I hope it helps others in the future.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 28.03.2021 at 9:02 PM, bikeman223 said:

Can you even progress without going to gates? You will not have option to travel to other bhaalspawn locations without it. They will not even be marked on map.

I tried to always do everything before going to next location and I could not go to Balthazar "home" before doing other locations first.

Wiki guide says something about stepping on traps in there for him to spawn but i'm 100% sure i didn't have to do any of it.

3 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

Can you even progress without going to gates? You will not have option to travel to other bhaalspawn locations without it. They will not even be marked on map.

I tried to always do everything before going to next location and I could not go to Balthazar "home" before doing other locations first.

Wiki guide says something about stepping on traps in there for him to spawn but i'm 100% sure i didn't have to do any of it.

I think it must be possible to sequence break it but, thinking back, I'm not sure how the OP did it. I think it probably has something to do with Balthazar's Monastery having multiple secret entrances that could cause you to skip a quest trigger by accident if you enter the area without first talking to Balthazar, maybe the game then auto adds the locations on your map. Just a guess, maybe it was just glitched for them independent of anything they did or didn't do. 

Edited by bikeman223