So long to platinum

See this is the damn problem trophies have created. Almost nobody play games just to play them for fun and enjoyment anymore, it's all about how quick I can plat this or that. I will admit getting some trophies are rewarding, but people are pathetic over trophies anymore. I am not against trophies and will know I will see anger over my comments, but I don't care. Trophies ruined games and are destroying devs. You either have simple trophies to keep gamers happy or you throw in challenging ones and potentially push some gamers from buying your game. Games like this one are meant to be enjoyed who gives a shit if it even has trophies. I wish they wouldn't of given it trophies, I would still play it.

• Like 4

See this is the damn problem trophies have created. Almost nobody play games just to play them for fun and enjoyment anymore, it's all about how quick I can plat this or that. I will admit getting some trophies are rewarding, but people are pathetic over trophies anymore. I am not against trophies and will know I will see anger over my comments, but I don't care. Trophies ruined games and are destroying devs. You either have simple trophies to keep gamers happy or you throw in challenging ones and potentially push some gamers from buying your game. Games like this one are meant to be enjoyed who gives a shit if it even has trophies. I wish they wouldn't of given it trophies, I would still play it.

I totally agree with this

Every trophy on this list is real easy to get seace the crafting is a whole lot faster and easy seace 1.0. The trophy that will take the longest more like a few months is the 1000 levequests as you only get 8 a day. ( 4 every 12 hours         40 a week). to me ill enjoy getting the trophies as I enjoyed the game seace 1.0 and 2.0 beta phases. The crafting trophies will give me more of an excuse  to craft more to get my golden crafting tools. ( luminary tools)

As for the 1000 fates that's simple as fates apper all over the place just ues the level sync if your too high of a level and your set.

The 100 raid trophy will probly be my favorite one as I love raiding and I need to get more of the new darklight gear.

PS: the Platinum is unable to obtain tell patch 2.1 as stated by the devs.

Edited by sonic4555

Seriously?

You gotta broaden your horizon there..

This is website all about trophies, so most people who make a thread here go for trophies in the games they play...

Anyway, if you ever take a look at random games on this website, you would have noticed most games have an average completion of about 30%..

Doesn't really compare to the image you have in your head.. ''almost nobody plays for fun anymore'' 

Most gamers play for fun, and there are some who enjoy getting trophies, and then there are some who buy games especially for easy trophies, but that percentage isn't even 1% of the total amount of players..

Then again, why do trophies hunters ruin the game for you?  If their enjoyment of playing the game is from completing their goal of getting all the trophies, does that mean the game is ruined?

• Like 1

It's not hurting you if you're playing it for fun, is it ? As for gamers playing for trophies exclusively, each to their own. I know plenty of my friends that buy games for pure enjoyment, maybe you should take a look before jumping the gun there.

• Like 1

Seriously?

You gotta broaden your horizon there..

This is website all about trophies, so most people who make a thread here go for trophies in the games they play...

Anyway, if you ever take a look at random games on this website, you would have noticed most games have an average completion of about 30%..

Doesn't really compare to the image you have in your head.. ''almost nobody plays for fun anymore'' 

Most gamers play for fun, and there are some who enjoy getting trophies, and then there are some who buy games especially for easy trophies, but that percentage isn't even 1% of the total amount of players..

Then again, why do trophies hunters ruin the game for you?  If their enjoyment of playing the game is from completing their goal of getting all the trophies, does that mean the game is ruined?

It's not hurting you if you're playing it for fun, is it ? As for gamers playing for trophies exclusively, each to their own. I know plenty of my friends that buy games for pure enjoyment, maybe you should take a look before jumping the gun there.

Ok I see your points and may have taken a couple of my comments too far, but I do stick by some of them. I was having a rough day and just tired of hearing people complain that they have to actually play the game for more than a day to plat it. It's an MMO by no means is it supposed to be a quick game, plus they wanna make sure they can get some subscriptions they gotta make some money.

Nobody even said anything about wanting a quick plat. Nor did they say they would steer clear of this game because of the grind. Trophies haven't ruined games nor have they destroyed devs. Like Grimy said, those who go for them are in the minority. Those who let it affect their purchases are an even smaller portion of the community. For you to say they are ruining anything is over dramatic to say the least. Normally I'd agree with anybody saying "If you skip this game because it isn't an auto-plat, you're a tool" however when it's as exaggerated and unnecessary as this? Meh.

As for the trophy argument, I'm reluctant as a gamer to play older games without trophy support due to the fact that nobody really knows you've played the game at all and there's no challenge. In the ps2 days there was no reason to 100% a game, and even if you did you could only show off to your friends- if any. These days you can brag and demonstrate your skill at games thanks to the trophy support. Look at that guy with 500+ platinums for example.

Anyway the plat is only long because levequests require 1000 to be done, which is 4 months of allowances.

"Skill" just cause he is able to have 500+ plats on his account? if his that skillful he should really go into competitive gaming and win some real money. I guess sure I will give him that he does got some skills and a lot of time.

Doing 1000 of everything isn't that bad.. it's more liker the 100 Instanced Raids (they can sometimes take a long time to find, unless you're a healer - then it depends how good your group is, in the first 2 raids, I was grouped with a bad healer, then second was no healers at all - somehow still managed to get through those 2, my last one was awesome though, everyone knew their roles, the raids themselves take about 20-30 minutes to complete - can go beyond that if you land in a bad team) that can give you bother and those 0.00% trophies, I don't even know how PvP works (or if its even active yet) or what that other one is... I'll guess it's a dungeon.  But yea, what you expect? It's an MMORPG, these games are designed so players keep playing them for at least several years and the trophy list won't really feel like a grind at all.  Trophies probably are impossible for those that don't venture out of the trial period though so fair warning to you if you plan in doing that.

• 3 weeks later...