Ninja Difficulty Trophies

surtech5

I'm not talking about 'hidden trophies' in the sense of shadowy icons meant to hide story spoilers... I'm talking about the trophies that seem so innocent like "Collect all the goober-barriers in gaypuppyville' but then you're at 19/20 berries so you google it and: "To unlock the final berry you need to have 'Callihan's flute', an item given to you Callihan's widow after you complete her side quest... her side quest that requires you to collect one of every weapon... which requires you to defeat every boss, find all secrets, playing with a developer, log in on fourteen consecutive days three times in a row, and not pressed R2 once during your entire playthrough'... Okay maybe not that extent but I mean:

Any trophy where the requirements are seemingly easy and simple, with a small catch that increased the difficulty/length far beyond what it ever should have been.

Some examples:

• Fallout 3 - Vault-Tec C.E.O.: Sure hope you knew about before completing the tutorial or you will have to go through the entire game again.

• Vampyr - Any of the collectibles: Though the description reads 'find all', what it should say is 'find and earn' as quite a few are missable if certain actions are or aren't done leading you to multiple playthroughs required just to meet all the criteria.

• Dragon's Dogma - True Conqueror: The trophy seems simple enough... defeat a boss in his true form... EXCEPT the only way to do that is to beat the entirety of the DLC TWICE (this is required for the platinum), and, because of how insane the boss is, you will need to have access to the online pawns (with good luck) to get the right kind to stun luck the boss.

• Attack on Titan - The outside world must be ten times bigger than inside the Wall! (Yes the trophy really is that long and yes they do only capitalize the first and last word; I just checked) For this, you have to craft each blade, Gear piece... and whatever the third thing was. For this, you NEED to not only beat the second campaign (which is the first but tankier), but also grind for hours and hours on the same bosses, as you will need to kill each one dozens and dozens of times to get the crafting pieces.

• Trackmania Turbo - End of the Road and Ghost Buster: You only have to get a gold medal on each track (time trial) as well as a developer time on 25% of the tracks... When I did this (granted this was 3-5 years ago), with the bare minimum times, I was ranked #47 in the usa... In all of the usa... The times are SO tight... You will be a globally ranked player for doing only what you need to do... Maybe this shouldn't count but... I couldn't leave it unsaid.

• Alone With You - The director, The explorer, The botanist, and The communicator: All you gotta do is find the collectibles; simple enough. Talk to that person to unlock their special scenes; awesome I love friends. Then beat the game-But hold on... Talking to one person losses you the ability to talk to the others for that scene... Which means you can't Dragon Age it and be friends with everyone, you have to beat the game 4 times (5 for the platinum), each run dedicated to talking to only a single person.

• The Last of Us - Online PassThis isn't an issue now, but back on the PS3, you needed to pay Naughty Dog for he right to play the online portion of the game you already bought. Meaning if you can't do that, like yours truly, you won't get the platinum for another 2 and a half years when it becomes free on the PS4 with online included.

• Mafia II - Card Sharp: Find all the wanted posters which is fine and dandy... Except the game only saves when you advance the story... Which you aren't doing while you're out collecting. Meaning if you die or get arrested... You get to collect them all over again.

• Stories: The Path of Destinies - All of it: This game, despite looking like Wind Waker's edgy younger brother, will melt your PS4. This is the loudest my PS4 has ever gotten and it stays at max fan volume at all times, even with the pro... Also you will have to play the game itself which uh... Well let's not step on any toes.

• The Witness - Challenge: All you had to do, was embrace the damn pain. This challenge is not a test of mental prowess, but a test of ones very sanity. You are tasked with solving an onslaught of randomly generated puzzles with one section that has 'fake puzzles' thrown in, so until it's solved, you don't know if it's actually possible or not. You're just hearing time tick away as you wonder if the dev is laughing at you or if you're just an idiot or if mom was right... Still can't hear that song without my pulse reaching the triple digits.

• Resident Evil 5 - They're ACTION Figures!: Get all figures... Which includes finding all the collectibles, beating the game on the hardest difficulty, and beating the game with an S-Rank... Oh, and of course you have to grind enough dosh to actually buy each of them.

So ways to spot these trophies before it's too late:

1. If there is a guide, it will probably tell you.
    • The tag: 'missable' or 'grind' over something innocuous might also be a good give away.
  2. The rarity is suspiciously high for something so simple.
  3. 'Collect/view/find/earn all of X things. If it's that encompassing, it might possibly be a catch-all trophy to sum up all post-game content.

What about you? What are some ninja trophies you've encountered? Something that added a few hours to your plat? Something that stopped you from getting the plat entirely. The weirder the better, leave'em down below!

I was playing blazblue calamity trigger today.

Score attack I made it to the last boss . 

I don't have 2 controllers to do the trick so I eventually lost vs the last boss and it sends you back to the beginning.

It's kinda hard because the ai is on very hard and sometimes they punish and go ham.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

I pretty much knew what I was getting into for all of mine since I read the guides, but a few of mine include: 

Batman Arkham Knight : :bronze: Riddle Me ThatCompleting those 10 trials, only to be rewarded with another 200 some riddles, so you can finally complete boss battle.

Metal Gear Solid 2 : :gold: Great Dane. Gotta love collecting the dog tags, on the various difficulty modes, including Extreme.

Metal Gear Solid 4 : :gold: Sounds of the Battlefield. Similar to the dog tags, those ipod tracks with difficulties AND all the crazy requirements, including complete perfection...

World of Final Fantasy : :gold: Mirage Master. The game I just finished. Getting every monster in your collection isn't too tough, except for the one that requires beating that "chess" game with invisible pieces in 10 moves or less without losing a single piece. It can be cheesed if someone trades you online, however.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2