Big in Japan Sale (EU)

Vergil

2 hours ago, bpmotard said:

Is it really that bad? 1f605.png Looks like a simple rpg, but I guess we can't judge a book for it's cover..

Anything you could recommend? 

From games i played and i don't see on your profile, Dragon's Dogma Arisen, Exist Archive and nearly every Final Fantasy of course!

From games i haven't played yet, Chocobo Bundy!

Also if you like tactical rpgs, God Wars Future Past and Valkyria Chronicles are nice.

Omega Quintet is too grindy like most games from Compile Heart

8 hours ago, YROSHIKU said:

Can't really decide between AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES and Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars 1f914.png. Been looking for both already for some time and their prices for psychical releases are still ridiculously overpriced. Guess I'm gonna have to still check out few reviews before I make the final decision 1f605.png.

Go with AI Somnium.. 

Conception is cheaper here:

https://www.base.com/buy/product/conception-plus-maiden-of-the-twelve-stars-ps4/dgc-conplusmps4.htm

I actually looked through the sale taking note of what I would be interested, and now I'm doing a double check with the few stores that I usually order retail games from to see where's cheaper... 

Still not exactly sure what/if I will buy something.. Leaning towards Fighting EX Layers, Kill la Kill and a few others (sadly AI Somnium is still to expensive for my taste..) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

I shouldn't even be asking this, because I have tons of games to finish still, but can anyone tell me if the Onimusha remaster is worth picking up at €9,99?

Played the original games on PS2 and enjoyed them, by the way.

I've yet to start playing the remaster, but I bought it on its release day as I loved the PS2 games so much - well, the first 3, anyway :D

Really hoping that Onimusha 2 and 3 get remastered as well, sooner rather than later.

On topic - having scanned the list, there's very little that currently appeals to me, which is fine by me.  Gives me a chance to clear the backlog a bit without adding any more games to it!

• Like 1

I'm interested in two games on sale at 10 bucks. Onimusha HD Remaster or Yakuza 0?
I'm a big fan of these two titles and overall, I love to play games based in Japan (feudal or modern age, whatever!), I've never played the first Onimusha on PS2 (I started from the second one) and I'd like to try it. But at the same time I'd like to go back to 80s Japan with Kiryu and Goro. I can't buy both! I need money for Death Stranding! :D 

Which is the best for you at 10 bucks? Thank you any help will be appreciated!

Bye and be safe!

21 minutes ago, elhaym1709 said:

I'm interested in two games on sale at 10 bucks. Onimusha HD Remaster or Yakuza 0?
I'm a big fan of these two titles and overall, I love to play games based in Japan (feudal or modern age, whatever!), I've never played the first Onimusha on PS2 (I started from the second one) and I'd like to try it. But at the same time I'd like to go back to 80s Japan with Kiryu and Goro. I can't buy both! I need money for Death Stranding! :D 

Which is the best for you at 10 bucks? Thank you any help will be appreciated!

Bye and be safe!

Yakuza 0 of course, but Onimusha and Yakuza are different genres. You know yourself the best, decide for your own.

39 minutes ago, elhaym1709 said:

Yeah I know they are. I've played Yakuza Kiwami, 4, 5 and 6. Is 0 worth it? I love Yakuza 6 even though people complain about the plot. To me was very good.

Yakuza 0 is my personal favourite in the series and a really good story to set the scene for the rest of the entries. If you are a fan of Majima, then this should be up your street. Heads up though, if you are going for the platinum, it's an absolute beast of a game and one of the longest in the series to get. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, elhaym1709 said:

Yeah I know they are. I've played Yakuza Kiwami, 4, 5 and 6. Is 0 worth it? I love Yakuza 6 even though people complain about the plot. To me was very good.

Yakuza 0 is my favourite Yakuza Game until now, and I like Yakuza 6 very much too. If you don't hate the 80's, buy it. And if both games costs 10 Bucks, buy them both, this are 20 Bucks, TWENTY!!!! People ask such questions if they wanna spend 100 Euro or more, not 10.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'll probably just be getting Impact Winter and Fighting EX Layer. Everything else is still just a little bit too pricey for me.

Well, ended up getting Tokyo Xanadu EX+ and hack gu last recode as well. I've been putting off those for the last 3+ sales so I just got it over with.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Go with AI Somnium.. 

Conception is cheaper here:

https://www.base.com/buy/product/conception-plus-maiden-of-the-twelve-stars-ps4/dgc-conplusmps4.htm

I actually looked through the sale taking note of what I would be interested, and now I'm doing a double check with the few stores that I usually order retail games from to see where's cheaper... 

Still not exactly sure what/if I will buy something.. Leaning towards Fighting EX Layers, Kill la Kill and a few others (sadly AI Somnium is still to expensive for my taste..) 

After watching few reviews last night I was leaning towards AI: The Somnium Files and I kind of had my eyes set on it, but after checking out the page you shared, I think I might actually wait an extra week and order Granblue Fantasy Versus from this page ?. This have to be the best price I found so far for this game, so hey big, big thanks for sharing it ??!!

OK guys i need your help ! 

I started only a few years ago to play jrps and.... I love them ! 

What would you reccomend for me in this sale ? I'd like to discover new series here. It needs to be PS4 and below 15$ (max 20$) 

To help you out, i allready played and loved FFX, FF II, FFXV, DQ XII,  Ni No Kuni 1 and 2 , Persona 5. 

Jrpjs i didnt enjoy : Kingdom heart series ( i know its a shame, too hard too follow story wise and its kills it for me..) 

44 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

OK guys i need your help ! 

I started only a few years ago to play jrps and.... I love them ! 

What would you reccomend for me in this sale ? I'd like to discover new series here. It needs to be PS4 and below 15$ (max 20$) 

To help you out, i allready played and loved FFX, FF II, FFXV, DQ XII,  Ni No Kuni 1 and 2 , Persona 5. 

Jrpjs i didnt enjoy : Kingdom heart series ( i know its a shame, too hard too follow story wise and its kills it for me..) 

Since it seems you don’t care about completion I would recommend the Star Ocean series. They are all on sale right now. Start with the Star Ocean 4 remaster, it’s the best one imo. I think it’s €10 now.

Also you should look up the Tales of series. Probably my current favorite Jrpg series. Surprisingly they aren’t on sale now though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Since it seems you don’t care about completion I would recommend the Star Ocean series. They are all on sale right now. Start with the Star Ocean 4 remaster, it’s the best one imo. I think it’s €10 now.

Also you should look up the Tales of series. Probably my current favorite Jrpg series. Surprisingly they aren’t on sale now though.

I'll defenitly check Star Ocean 4 ! even if i start with 4, I'll be allright story wise ? 

Thanks for the advice ?

On 4/24/2020 at 0:55 PM, bpmotard said:

TL;DR: Want to try out new Anime style games (no visual novels).

So guys, I've been really into Anime recently, watching a little of everything instead of seeing only the mainstream ones, so, is there anything you guys recommend? (I'm not into PURE visual novels, unfortunately :|, I can handle cutscenes if there is a minimum of gameplay behind it (Like Dungeon Travelers 2))

I've been looking a lot for different types of genres for the last month and I've been playing Dungeon Travelers 2 on Vita, Girls und Panzer on PS4, Hatsune Miku (F2P) on PS4 and Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4.

For the style of the games you know what kind of style I'm into, not Dragon Ball or One Piece, I simply can't click with it.

From what I've seen in the store this caught my eye:

• Omega Quintet

• Touhou Double Focus

• The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince

Some hidden gems in this sale I should be aware of? Something you guys recommend? I'm really open to discover new things here!

Touhou Double Focus and The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince are both very short, but good.

Edited by ShadeSplit
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

I'll defenitly check Star Ocean 4 ! even if i start with 4, I'll be allright story wise ? 

Thanks for the advice 1f601.png

Yes. SO4 is actually the first game in terms of chronology. So it’s a perfect starting point. But every game is perfectly playable on its own. 

• Like 1

I’m going to get Dragons Crown Pro and Worldend Syndrome. I was also going to get Super Neptuina RPG but I just found out it’s a 2D side scroller which doesn’t really interest me (as far as a Neptune game goes) and add on to that that some exec at Sony is scared of girls panties and forced it to be censored and it gets a pass from me.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2020 at 1:51 PM, YROSHIKU said:

After watching few reviews last night I was leaning towards AI: The Somnium Files and I kind of had my eyes set on it, but after checking out the page you shared, I think I might actually wait an extra week and order Granblue Fantasy Versus from this page 1f609.png. This have to be the best price I found so far for this game, so hey big, big thanks for sharing it 1f60e.png1f44d.png!!

No problem. 

I'm inclined to also buy GranBlue from them for the same reason ? 

Will probably give up on the Kill la Kill idea, even if it's cheap, I really didn't felt it when I played the demo..