Achieving Celebrity Trophy

Bananajoe90

Hi guys, i just have achieved my missing throphys (Celebritiy & The thrill of the challenge) and the platinum for this buggy game on PS4. I know that many of you are wondering why there are no offers of 4 or 5 star teams during career mode and this is why i want to share my experiences with you regarding this matter. I don't really know why, but i can proof a way to get an offer of a 5 star team without any difficulties.

I started playing this game a couple of month ago and got to exactly the same point where no offers of 4 or 5 star teams came in. I have recieved offers of just 2, 3, or even 3,5 star teams after every season and i have played 7 or 8 seasons. I have won most of my games and my stats were maxed up. It was frustrating and i decided to leave it out to not waste my time anymore.

Yesterday i thougt i would give it one more try and it was successful! I mainly sticked to the advises that i have found here on this forum on Handball 16, but PS Vita version (Topic is Celebrity trophy? How? credits to user Fanatico1981 & DreadNic). Here are the steps that i have made out of their tips:

1.) Delete all of your save files of this game and start a new career

2.) Play 5 seasons and switch teams after every season (i received and accepted following offers at the end of a season: 2 star; 2 star; 3 star; 3,5 star and finally 5 star team)

3.) Focus on maxing out your popularity of course (your stat upgrades will only take effect after you switch teams)

4.) After playing the last match of 5. season you should get an offer by a 5 star team

5.) Get every other challenges done by just keep playing and the platinum trophy is yours!

If the game crashes try to finish your current game and let the game autosave itself. Then simply close your application and start it again. You can go on after your last match when the game crashed. I decided to just win by one goal and let the time run out. If you do your settings right than you are able to do so. This haven't had any effect on this thropys or getting a 5 star offer either.

Maybe it was just luck in my case, but it proofes that this trophy is optianable and it doesn't matter if the game crashes or not. The game crashed about 3 or 4 times. I have closed the application and started it again without doing anything else and it worked.

Feel free to give it a try if you want to get this done!

• 9 months later...

Got the trophy today. I tried for a couple going for the trophy playing 50 games and getting no offers above 3.5 stars.

So i guess the things to look for are

1) 4 stars offer isnt enough for the trophy

2) Max popularity isnt required. I got 4.5 stars offer with 85 Popularity.

3) After 4th Season (12 matches) reload the save until you get 4 star offer after losing 12th match, not 3.5 stars but 4 full stars.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm going for this plat myself atm. Thought I'd do it since I accused some people before of cheating because they got it. Just cool to have an "impossible plat" anyway.

Either way, I'm kind of struggling. I did follow this "guide" someone did on order they did the teams. I successfully followed it all the way to season 4, I selected a 3.5 stars team instead of 3 stars in the same league. I doubt that is what have screwed it up for me now. The problem is, I keep getting offers for 3 stars teams after season 4. That's just too low. I've tried like 10-15 times now. I keep getting the same shitty teams. I've yet to even get a 3.5 stars team suggested to me, even less a 4 or higher team. I've been going at it for hours now. Can't do it anymore. I think the real problem is I upgraded "popularity" to max. As you say Alucard_Lviv, you didn't max it, and everyone else who got the plat didn't either. I upgraded balanced, just I got to the point where I maxed popularity before the other stats, and I think that might have been a mistake. Perhaps I shouldn't have maxed any. idk, but it seems my choices might be affected by it. It's mostly the same teams as I got once before doing this, after maxing popularity. Yeah, this is the third playthrough... -_- The best I got last time was 3.5 stars, at the end of season 5. When you finish season 6 the game just crashes, every, single, time. I hear all you really need is a 4.5 stars team though, but will I get that if I go down to a 3 stars one now? Doubt it!

Edited by MMDE

Okay, so I loaded back an old save and continued on without upgrading popularity to max. I stopped at 85 actually. Now I got recruited by a 3.5 star team before season 4, and then 4 star team before season 5, and now I'm hoping I'll get a 4.5 or 5 stars team before season 6. That is all I need to get for the platinum I think.

Regardless of how crazy it may sound, but I think not maxing out popularity is the trick. It's supposed to affect your recruitment positively, but yeah, it so doesn't do that. I think I will make a save at match before 13/14 where I got 95% in all stats except for popularity, which should be at 85%. I will have plenty of spare points for next Season, where I can quickly can upgrade the rest and get the platinum! :) 

It doesn't actually crash before winning season 6's last match AKA exactly when you get the recruitment offer. If you click fast enough, it won't crash, but nothing will load either. 

Edited by MMDE

I got the platinum. I stopped, as I said, at 95% in all stats except popularity, which I stopped at 85%. For some reason 100% popularity really screwed up what teams you got. I tried 3 times with no success. Once it hits 100%, you seem to get closed in on a specific star ranking for that specific season, which is fine if it didn't crash at the end of season 6.

If you win every match and level up your stats balanced, you should be able to max your stats and get all challenges done after you finish season 5.

I got the follow star ratings:

1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 5

You only need to get to 4.5 though, as that counts as a 5 star rating in the challenges, and that is actually the requirement for the 4 star trophy, even if it says 4 stars (it's not).

I recommend the following teams, as I know that works:
1. Caen HB

2. TV 1893 Neuhausen

3. Pontevedra

4. Dunkerque HB GL (I think Cesson RMHB works too, and PAUC Handball might be safe as well (but the last one is 3 stars, while the two others are 3.5 stars)

5. CHambéry SMBH (I also hear Füchse Berlin works here)

6. Paris Saint-Germain

Game only saves when it goes back to the main menu, so you can quit the game whenever without it saving. If you get a bad start of a round, just click option and select to quit the match, it won't save it and it's faster than restarting the entire game. You can also press option on the main menu and select what rules should be on. I recommend you set camera to active, all the "activated/deactivated" stuff to "deactivated", default match duration to 6 mins, and game difficulty to easy. This way, once you lead the round and got the ball you can just walk away from the enemies, and they wont even follow you, you'll just win by the time running out. Remember, if you're "team 1", you started the match, so they will get the ball after the mid-break.

To aim shot, hold the shoot button (triangle/square/cross) a bit longer and aim with your stick. It's kind of annoying to do, but it works well on later seasons. Also, hold L2 when you throw to jump throw, which usually makes your ball go over the opponents. I recommend you use triangle when throwing over people, otherwise they will often catch it.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 28/02/2021 at 5:59 PM, MMDE said:

I got the platinum. I stopped, as I said, at 95% in all stats except popularity, which I stopped at 85%. For some reason 100% popularity really screwed up what teams you got. I tried 3 times with no success. Once it hits 100%, you seem to get closed in on a specific star ranking for that specific season, which is fine if it didn't crash at the end of season 6.

If you win every match and level up your stats balanced, you should be able to max your stats and get all challenges done after you finish season 5.

I got the follow star ratings:

1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 5

You only need to get to 4.5 though, as that counts as a 5 star rating in the challenges, and that is actually the requirement for the 4 star trophy, even if it says 4 stars (it's not).

I recommend the following teams, as I know that works:
1. Caen HB

2. TV 1893 Neuhausen

3. Pontevedra

4. Dunkerque HB GL (I think Cesson RMHB works too, and PAUC Handball might be safe as well (but the last one is 3 stars, while the two others are 3.5 stars)

5. CHambéry SMBH (I also hear Füchse Berlin works here)

6. Paris Saint-Germain

Game only saves when it goes back to the main menu, so you can quit the game whenever without it saving. If you get a bad start of a round, just click option and select to quit the match, it won't save it and it's faster than restarting the entire game. You can also press option on the main menu and select what rules should be on. I recommend you se camera to active, all the "activated/deactivated" stuff to "deactivated", default match duration to 6 mins, and game difficulty to easy. This way, once you lead the round and got the ball you can just walk away from the enemies, and they wont even follow you, you'll just win by the time running out. Remember, if you're "team 1", you started the match, so they will get the ball after the mid-break.

To aim shot, hold the shoot button (triangle/square/cross) a bit longer and aim with your stick. It's kind of annoying to do, but it works well on later seasons. Also, hold L2 when you throw to jump throw, which usually makes your ball go over the opponents. I recommend you use triangle when throwing over people, otherwise they will often catch it.

This worked..got my plat now so thank you for the tips even now in 2023 still helping lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I finally got the plat and have a few tips for those still having trouble with the 5-star team.

first of all the method mentioned above works, but signing to new club is random and involves a bit of luck.

Which club you get is not important, but the star rating.

In order to get a 5 star team, you first need the following rated teams

Season 2 – 2 stars

Season 3 – 2.5 stars

Season 4 – 3.5 stars

Season 5 – 4 stars

Season 6 – 4.5 or 5 stars

You can upgrade your skills balanced

Season 4 I got only offers from 3 star teams so I just closed the app and replayed the last game till I got a 3.5 team.

Same for season 5 and a 4 star team.

Just before the final game of season 5, make a cloud save or on USB stick. Accept the offer and check out the league. If there is no 4.5 or 5 star team, reload your save file and upgrade your skills.

once you are in the same league with a 4.5 star team you are skilled enough to get the offer. just close the app and replay till you get it.

my skills when I got the offer

stamina 100

shot 100

speed 95

block 95

awareness 95

reputation 90

teams with at least 4.5 stars

Lidl Starleague

Paris Saint Germains

HBC Nantes

DKB Handball Bundesliga