Your first party

Phlegeth

One thing I'm curious about is seeing how the character trophies will settle down.  And I'm curious about who everyone is taking on their first outing.

I have Angela, Reisz, and Duran.  I'm going to have Angela be a Rune Seer, Reisz be a Starlancer, and Duran be an Edelfrei.

Edited by Ilzaki

Hawkeye, Reisz and Charlotte for my first team. Going for Nightblade(to deal with bosses and Black Rain does great except undead or demons), Starlancer(to boost the damage Hawk does with his Black Rain and physical attacks) and Necromancer(Black Curse will considerably weaken bosses).

1 hour ago, IceKnight_13 said:

Riesz, Kevin and Angela. 

I'm surprised ppl haven't picked Kevin, he is pretty broken even during the day.

I went with this trio as well. Kevin felt a bit boring but also just finished the game and he's a monster (pun intended). He heals pretty good too (Light/Dark). Glad I didn't have to use Charlotte

Finished my first run over the weekend with Hawkeye/Riesz/Angela and ended up with Nightblade, Starlancer, and Grand Diviner.

Second run will be Kevin/Duran/Charlotte (Charlotte in the 3rd slot for earlier full party) and will probably go Dark, Dark, Light.

Third run will be Angela/Duran/(Most likely Kevin, but maybe Riesz) but I'm also instituting a rule that I have to go with the opposite element on class changes. So if Kevin is my 3rd, that team will be Dark/Light/Light for that run.

• Like 1

My first party was Hawkeye(went down Nightblade path), Reisz(went down Starlancer) and Charlotte(went down Necromancer path). Surprisingly, unlike the original, Reisz doesn't have any summons. I guess they removed Marduke and the other summons from this remake because they were busted. I mean, Marduke could silence anyone, even bosses! That sort of makes the Heath fight in Charolette's story less cheese-filled. That fight was the bane of my existence in the original.

3 hours ago, GunarmDyne said:

Third run will be Angela/Duran/(Most likely Kevin, but maybe Riesz) but I'm also instituting a rule that I have to go with the opposite element on class changes. So if Kevin is my 3rd, that team will be Dark/Light/Light for that run.

Angela, Duran, and Reisz is a mean combination.  I ended up making Duran a Leige.  That coupled with Reisz' Starlancer buffs.  Everyone was tanky, even Angela.  I could sit in the back and spam Stone Cloud or Annihilate while they ate damage.

I just got platinum recently.

My first team was Kevin (main), Duran and Reiz. This party wasn’t impressive for me. I went for Dark for Kevin, Dark for Duran and Light for Reiz.

My second run was Hawk (main), Angela and Charlotte. This one was my best team so far. I love the combination of Charlotte and Angela. Both went for Dark and they deal pretty good damage plus Charlotte can heal all the time. So, this team is best one for me.

My last run was Duran (main), Kevin and Charlotte. This team was an easy going since all there were so OP. I chose to go for Light for all this time to play it different from the first two runs.

• Like 1

This where my planned parties BEFORE I did some research (Main = bold):

• Kevin, Riesz, Hawkeye
  • Duran, Charlotte, Angela
  • Riesz, Angela.. and i really don`t know which 3rd characters I selected for this playthrough in the demo.. I think I had chosen Duran as third and Riesz as main [This was also my party from the first time I played the demo and did 0 research in SNES guides and such).

But since I realized this "pair thing" with the 3 pairs and 1 common enemy..

1. Crimson Wizard ==> Duran + Angela
  2. Goremand ==> Kevin + Charlotte
  3. Belladonna ==> Hawkeye + Riesz

.. I am not so sure anymore.

I think that party 1 and 3 will generate some fun, but I don`t know if i will like to main Duran or Angela for party 2 and I havent`t made up my mind about the evolution of the characters in all 3 parties.

Btw this website from SE is actually helpful because you can see the 3 character pairs and can see a showcase of the class skins. Okay, and they also added a quick explanation for the class capabilities: https://trialsofmana.square-enix-games.com/en-us

Edited by Geridian

Halfway through my 2nd run with DD Kevin and Duran wrecking everything. I went Ll for Charlotte because I want to hit the final boss with Turn Undead, otherwise I would have gone Dark for her too (since both she and Duran have element Sabers right now).

Third run will be Dark Angela, Light  Duran, and Dark Riesz. Undecided on their Class 3s for now.