Car Collector Trophy

MARSY21

A tip for anyone who may be struggling with this due to it still being glitched.

I completed all services and scenarios yet no trophy so decided to go back and count exactly how many freight cars I needed to couple with so I could work out how many I had done and what was needed.

Anyway I started all services didnt play through just start, paused (as you can see what objectives and therefore how many to couple with) then exited.

Once I went back to the 4th scenario the trophy immediately popped without me doing anything

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 0:05 PM, MARSY21 said:

A tip for anyone who may be struggling with this due to it still being glitched.

I completed all services and scenarios yet no trophy so decided to go back and count exactly how many freight cars I needed to couple with so I could work out how many I had done and what was needed.

Anyway I started all services didnt play through just start, paused (as you can see what objectives and therefore how many to couple with) then exited.

Once I went back to the 4th scenario the trophy immediately popped without me doing anything

How do i find which scenarios have car couplings?

On 23/05/2020 at 2:50 PM, TheGoaler said:

How do i find which scenarios have car couplings?

From what I can remember you can select each GP38 scenario and press options it will tell you how many cars you need to couple up to

• 3 weeks later...

The way i got this was to just keep replaying the first GP38 timetable route over and over again. I dont think it counts each single coupling as i definitely didn't do it 380 times and at present, is the only route i have finished for this train. The first route says its roughly 9 minutes but if you speed and know where to change the track, it takes about 5 mins at most to do, has 1 coupling and connects to around 15 cars. If i worked it out right. its about 26 times to do on  a fresh in game profile. Takes a couple hours if you do it in one go.

May also be worth trying to do this offline. Seems that the trophies tend to work more and actually pop offline.

Edited by Arron147
Info
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 18/06/2020 at 8:50 AM, Arron147 said:

The way i got this was to just keep replaying the first GP38 timetable route over and over again. I dont think it counts each single coupling as i definitely didn't do it 380 times and at present, is the only route i have finished for this train. The first route says its roughly 9 minutes but if you speed and know where to change the track, it takes about 5 mins at most to do, has 1 coupling and connects to around 15 cars. If i worked it out right. its about 26 times to do on  a fresh in game profile. Takes a couple hours if you do it in one go.

May also be worth trying to do this offline. Seems that the trophies tend to work more and actually pop offline.

This helped out a lot.

Thank you :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I didn't think this would work but it did. I started up the New York Switcher scenario and grabbed all the freight cars and put them together.  30 total.  After I uncoupled them from camera view I decided to try spamming coupler locked/unlocked.  The trophy popped on the 10th button press.  Wish I would have thought of that before spending all that time rearranging the cars to get all the freight cars together.  Could have done it with just the first 10 and just spammed the hell out of X.  I was worried this trophy would give me trouble.  Happy it didn't.   Hope this helps someone needing this trophy.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, MadMardigan_88 said:

I didn't think this would work but it did. I started up the New York Switcher scenario and grabbed all the freight cars and put them together.  30 total.  After I uncoupled them from camera view I decided to try spamming coupler locked/unlocked.  The trophy popped on the 10th button press.  Wish I would have thought of that before spending all that time rearranging the cars to get all the freight cars together.  Could have done it with just the first 10 and just spammed the hell out of X.  I was worried this trophy would give me trouble.  Happy it didn't.   Hope this helps someone needing this trophy.

After messing around in this scenario for hours I can confirm this method works. I coupled to 10 cars, went to external camera and spammed X to couple/uncouple, after a few klicks I got the trophy. You have to be in camera mode though, exiting the cab and moving to couple by feet did not work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andropol said:

After messing around in this scenario for hours I can confirm this method works. I coupled to 10 cars, went to external camera and spammed X to couple/uncouple, after a few klicks I got the trophy. You have to be in camera mode though, exiting the cab and moving to couple by feet did not work.

I never tried it by walking over to it.  I use camera mode a lot for switches and coupling/uncoupling.  Happy to know this helped someone with this trophy.

• 9 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 11:48 PM, MadMardigan_88 said:

Can confirm this still works as of today. Doesn't necessarily have to be done on that exact scenario though.