Trophy thoughts?

Loreic

Looks like a fun list and im quite intrigued by this game. Was mudrunners any good? Also do you think collectables get marked on the map at any point

3 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I platinumed Mudrunner and I can't see any Online Trophies this time. Do I oversee something?

Was mudrunner any good also were collectables easy to find

10 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I platinumed Mudrunner and I can't see any Online Trophies this time. Do I oversee something?

The only potential online one I can see is Play Your Way (Repair over 2000 damage points), but it doesn't mention other players unlike Mudrunner's similar trophy.

@Lightsp33d1987 Everything should be possible in co-op online but contrary to Mudrunner this time only the host gets mission progress and the other players are only rewarded with money and experience. Wether all players unlock trophies or not I can't tell but my guess is: yes, all but "Workaholic" and "Ain't no rest for the…trucker" since only the host will progress towards those. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

Doesn't look like there are online specific trophies, unless there are co-op only contracts for "Workaholic" and "Ain't no rest for the…trucker".

Not important, but too bad the platinum tile isn't of a truck like the Mudrunner platinum was.

2 hours ago, x7eight said:

The 1000km is going to take a long time with the speeds you travel at in these games.

i was just gonna type this. its gonna take absolute ages. it took ages to grind the rest of that 100km trophy on mud runner, and that was after completing the entirety of the trophy list.

On 4/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, dannyswfc9 said:

Looks like a fun list and im quite intrigued by this game. Was mudrunners any good? Also do you think collectables get marked on the map at any point

Was mudrunner any good also were collectables easy to find

Mudrunner was an enjoyable game for me, but you have to be in the right frame of mind for it. The gameplay is very task-oriented, and at a snail's pace. Most of the time, your vehicle won't be going over 10 miles an hour, so going from Point A to B, can take a chunk of time. How it falls under the "Racing" category is laughable!

It's almost a combo of driving and puzzler. As in, "I need to drive to there, what's the best route to get there?" Because going in the straightest line will often get your truck completely buried. 

It's not a quick platinum, but it's certainly an achievable platinum. There are few MP trophies and they're not hard. There is certainly a learning curve as you proceed through the game so the later missions will be easier. Jumping to hardcore mode early will save you hours of play. Hardcore isn't that much harder, so maybe do one mission to get your bearings, and then make the transition. Just remember, the winch is your best friend! 

Most annoying things are the crane mechanics and river crossings. There's a good YouTube video out there to show how to accomplish the river crossings w/o flooding your engine. 

But it's a great game and I will certainly pick up Snowrunner as well. 

Have fun! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Mudrunner was an enjoyable game for me, but you have to be in the right frame of mind for it. The gameplay is very task-oriented, and at a snail's pace. Most of the time, your vehicle won't be going over 10 miles an hour, so going from Point A to B, can take a chunk of time. How it falls under the "Racing" category is laughable!

It's almost a combo of driving and puzzler. As in, "I need to drive to there, what's the best route to get there?" Because going in the straightest line will often get your truck completely buried. 

It's not a quick platinum, but it's certainly an achievable platinum. There are few MP trophies and they're not hard. There is certainly a learning curve as you proceed through the game so the later missions will be easier. Jumping to hardcore mode early will save you hours of play. Hardcore isn't that much harder, so maybe do one mission to get your bearings, and then make the transition. Just remember, the winch is your best friend! 

Most annoying things are the crane mechanics and river crossings. There's a good YouTube video out there to show how to accomplish the river crossings w/o flooding your engine. 

But it's a great game and I will certainly pick up Snowrunner as well. 

Have fun! 

Thankyou for the info. Helps alot. I might get snowrunner, looks fun and a different game than i normally play. If mudrunner was good im sure this will be

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

If anyone tries out some co-op could you let us know if trophies pop for everyone?

Most trophies pop for everyone but only the host gets mission progress. The other players only receive money, xp and upgrade unlocks but can't even keep the cars. Ultimately this means that you have to play through the game multiple times if every player wants the platinum since you have to complete every task and mission yourself. 

Coop is pretty useless if both players only want the platinum. 

7 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Most trophies pop for everyone but only the host gets mission progress. The other players only receive money, xp and upgrade unlocks but can't even keep the cars. Ultimately this means that you have to play through the game multiple times if every player wants the platinum since you have to complete every task and mission yourself. 

Coop is pretty useless if both players only want the platinum. 

Yeah they dropped the ball on this one. I got the Mudrunner plat almost entirely through coop and it was a lot of fun. Makes no sense to me to kill it like that.

The game also has technical issues.

Our 3 player session yesterday crashed 2 times for the host and once for me. In the middle of it me and the other guest suddenly couldnt see each other anymore. He was towing a car and for me it looked like that car drove on itself. He also couldnt tow a car I had towed prior to him, for him the car would not move at all, like a rock.

I'm not even sure you keep the upgrades because I looked at my driver profile while in coop and it said 5 upgrades unlocked, when I got back into SP it was back to 1 unlocked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not even the watchtowers and explored map carried back over to my SP progress.

Edited by HAILtoSTARSCREAM