Avoiding Hackers?

Coexistant

I am close to finishing off GTA 4 and would like to get GTA 5 out of the way. I completely understand that GTA 5 platinum is NOT obtainable and that is okay (I have other platinum trophies that I cannot achieve due to server shutdowns). I would like to work on completing as much as I can with regards to the online portion of the game.

Please give me any suggestions to avoiding all hackers at all cost. I do not want any trophies auto-popped. Can I do majority/all the trophies except Run Like The Wind in private lobbies without the trophies being auto-popped for me?

If it is not possible I will beat the single player game and leave the multiplayer untouched.

Thank you and I appreciate all future advice.

Edit: This is the PS3 version of GTA 5.

Edited by Coexistant

@Coexistant Stick to invite only sessions. Load into the multiplayer from the campaign rather than straight from the loading screen. Make sure if you are doing an activity in an invite only session that both of you drive to it.. once I started a game of tennis when my partner was halfway across the map and we somehow got booted to a public lobby. When hosting an activity/game mode make sure to set matchmaking to closed. If you get kicked for being AFK and return to the multiplayer you’ll be placed back into a public lobby so it’s probably best to restart the game if this happens. Also if you plan on doing the heists for 100% leave them until last.. every time you complete a heist set up/finale you get booted back into a public lobby and are at risk.

That’s everything I can think of off of the top of my head, good luck! I’m in the same boat, I just haven’t had the motivation to grind RP as of late.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Too late for me... But apart from what other person said, if you are in public don't engage in freeroam fights or hand your controller to kids ever. 

You will wonder for a while how they got them when you shouldve had them...

Eventually one time it ended up in a baseball bat fight and other guy just wouldn't die in freeroam... Then poof freezed before i could report him to being a hacker next time you open GTA online suddenly rp is rising fast and then level trophies and then suddenly youre up to 8k and then it reverses to MINUS rp and your apartment is locked and then you have to contact rockstar

Edited by Kizznyc
Typo

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to obtain the platinum trophy for GTA V and I must say the hackers are a pain in the ass. I only have 5 trophies left, and it's been impossible so far, not only because of the hackers, but the people not willing to end activities too. People tend to exit activities when they think they can't win, like tennis.

The only solution I see to enjoy the GTA Online experience is to play in privates lobbies with people who have the same goal as you. I also tried getting help from people who didn't care for the trophies but it never ended well and is not easy to find players who seek the trophies in GTA Online.

PD. if you need help with any trophy I am willing to help you. just add me and ask.

On 16/6/2021 at 8:33 AM, antonio-BVB said:

I'm trying to obtain the platinum trophy for GTA V and I must say the hackers are a pain in the ass. I only have 5 trophies left, and it's been impossible so far, not only because of the hackers, but the people not willing to end activities too. People tend to exit activities when they think they can't win, like tennis.

The only solution I see to enjoy the GTA Online experience is to play in privates lobbies with people who have the same goal as you. I also tried getting help from people who didn't care for the trophies but it never ended well and is not easy to find players who seek the trophies in GTA Online.

PD. if you need help with any trophy I am willing to help you. just add me and ask.

I'm interested fortunately I did the run like a wild years ago so i would like to know if you did that trophy there are more trophies you can't unlock or you can unlock all except the run like a wild?

1 hour ago, Zaros-QC said:

I'm interested fortunately I did the run like a wild years ago so i would like to know if you did that trophy there are more trophies you can't unlock or you can unlock all except the run like a wild?

it is only run like the wind that is unobtainable on ps3 afaik.