Platinum Unobtainable

Spike-Minoda666

10 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

how many items are there to build? 

This might be a game where we need to plat it asap before it becomes a unplayable game

Exactly what i am thinking.

There are 157 items currently, 6 of them can be build after beating the bosses and dont need any resources. thats 151 items plus 3 sea monsters to kill.

You're gonna need like infinite amounts of fibrous leaves for wires and huge amounts of sticks

On 25/04/2020 at 10:08 PM, Spike-Minoda666 said:

The Trophy "Gotta craft them all!" is currently unobtainable. I've built everything on the same Island. EVERYTHING the building menue has to offer. I think this is due to content that hasn't been implemented yet. (The PC-version got a ton of items more than console edition)

Are you trying to build anything on a custom island? PC users reported their Achievements weren’t unlocking due to this. I built one item on a custom island before learning of this, so rebuilt it on my home island. I got the trophy with no problems. 

Okay it seems like some people are unlocking the platinum now. Good job ? So now we know it's not entirely impossible at least so that's good to know. So which trophies are problematic/glitchy etc.? And how much time does it take to unlock all trophies, how hard is it from 1-10 etc.?

Edited by Cosmokeeper

1 hour ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Okay it seems like some people are unlocking the platinum now. Good job 1f44f.png So now we know it's not entirely impossible at least so that's good to know. So which trophies are problematic/glitchy etc.? And how much time does it take to unlock all trophies, how hard is it from 1-10 etc.?

I only had issues with one trophy and that was the Seafarer trophy (don’t sleep in land for 10 days). I slept on my raft in shallow water for ~15 days and it didn’t pop. To get it to work I had to sleep in deep water; no reef below me at all. 

Took me approx 35ish hours to Plat the game but I was taking my time and enjoying it, it could be done quicker. I’d give it a 3/10 for difficulty, it isn’t hard it’s just very grindy, especially the Gotta Craft ‘Em All trophy. 

For those who had issues with Gotta Craft ‘Em All, were you building an item, destroying it and then using those parts to build a new item? Someone reached out to me today who did that and their trophy didn’t pop, whereas I physically had one of each item at the same time and had it pop with no issues. They then tried this and the trophy popped for them. Maybe that’s the issue people have been having with it?

4 hours ago, OTPYG said:

For those who had issues with Gotta Craft ‘Em All, were you building an item, destroying it and then using those parts to build a new item? Someone reached out to me today who did that and their trophy didn’t pop, whereas I physically had one of each item at the same time and had it pop with no issues. They then tried this and the trophy popped for them. Maybe that’s the issue people have been having with it?

I can confirm, you need one of every item existing at the same time.

4 hours ago, OTPYG said:

Took me approx 35ish hours to Plat the game but I was taking my time and enjoying it, it could be done quicker. I’d give it a 3/10 for difficulty, it isn’t hard it’s just very grindy, especially the Gotta Craft ‘Em All trophy. 

That sums up my experience as well. If I hadn't messed up the compass thing in my first playthrough, I'd be done in ~40h . Speedrunning a second playthrough took me about 16 ingame days (with a lot of sleeping). 

4 hours ago, OTPYG said:

I only had issues with one trophy and that was the Seafarer trophy (don’t sleep in land for 10 days). I slept on my raft in shallow water for ~15 days and it didn’t pop. To get it to work I had to sleep in deep water; no reef below me at all. 

Was your raft completly floating or did it came in touch with the ground? Or had you thrown the anchor?
Because I had no problems sleeping close to islands. I just made sure I was free floating..

1 hour ago, Spike-Minoda666 said:

I can confirm, you need one of every item existing at the same time.

That sums up my experience as well. If I hadn't messed up the compass thing in my first playthrough, I'd be done in ~40h . Speedrunning a second playthrough took me about 16 ingame days (with a lot of sleeping). 

Was your raft completly floating or did it came in touch with the ground? Or had you thrown the anchor?
Because I had no problems sleeping close to islands. I just made sure I was free floating..

I got this trophy by not sleeping full stop. Didn't bother with sleeping at sea. 

Edited by Ara_Dax

2 hours ago, Spike-Minoda666 said:

I did try to make sure my raft wasn’t touching any land when in the shallow water before sleeping/saving, I had thrown the anchor though. However when in deep water where I got the Trophy to pop I also threw the anchor there.

My raft must have inadvertently touched land at one point when I was in the shallows if it worked for you!

Edited by OTPYG

Plat achieved. Would have got it yesterday but the build all trophy stumped me. I checked and double checked everything, built all of it. Had a dream last night about floors and wedges and lo and behold, I hadn't done the corrugated ones....  I'm sure most know but maybe some don't, containers are random until you open them. So save, open and it if it hasn't got what you want, reload and open again.

Edited by Ara_Dax

4 minutes ago, Ara_Dax said:

Plat achieved. Would have got it yesterday but the build all trophy stumped me. I checked and double checked everything, built all of it. Had a dream last night about floors and wedges and lo and behold, I hadn't done the corrugated ones....  I'm sure most know but maybe some don't, containers are random until you open them. So save, open and it if it hasn't got what you want, reload and open again.

Congrats on the Plat!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bbarton132 said:

Is anyone still having issues with seafarer ? Did 20 days now no where near land trying someone’s suggested method of not using an anchor now though.

No. At first it didn't worked. I slept at places where I could use the Anchor. At my second try I only slept at the deep places between the Islands where I couldn't use my Anchor and the Trophy popped. I didn't sleep every night.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Just a heads up for people.

The "Gotta craft them all!" trophy is currently unobtainable. There's an issue with crafting shelves and hooks in the game (it doesn't recognise the surfaces that you try to attach them onto).

The developers have fixed the issue but players are currently awaiting the announcement date for a patch release. You can continue to play your game and craft everything else until this is fixed. Hopefully the issue is resolved fairly soon.

As for the "Call me Ahab" trophy, there is only an issue with the boss trophies if you craft them on a custom island. If you craft them on a custom island, your trophy won't unlock. There are quite a few issues with using custom islands in the game overall. My recommendation is to save your game prior to crafting the boss trophies, then make sure you craft them on an island that you didn't create from Cartographer. Alternatively, you can remove all custom islands from Cartographer and then craft the boss trophies after.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:36 AM, Flynnerigan said:

The "Gotta craft them all!" trophy is currently unobtainable. There's an issue with crafting shelves and hooks in the game (it doesn't recognise the surfaces that you try to attach them onto).

The developers have fixed the issue but players are currently awaiting the announcement date for a patch release. You can continue to play your game and craft everything else until this is fixed. Hopefully the issue is resolved fairly soon.

As for the "Call me Ahab" trophy, there is only an issue with the boss trophies if you craft them on a custom island. If you craft them on a custom island, your trophy won't unlock. There are quite a few issues with using custom islands in the game overall. My recommendation is to save your game prior to crafting the boss trophies, then make sure you craft them on an island that you didn't create from Cartographer. Alternatively, you can remove all custom islands from Cartographer and then craft the boss trophies after.

Guess this also applies to the NA version as well. Thanks for the info, Flynn! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/02/2023 at 10:36 AM, Flynnerigan said:

Any news on this ? I’ve just beat the bosses so trying to hold off finishing the game…