Warning about Compasses (Magnets Trophy)

Spike-Minoda666

I've completed the game never holding a Compass in my hand. So you're either not allowed to have them in the inventory or this trophy is glitched.
So if you find a chest with a compass, leave the compass insinde and dont pick up the whole chest.

Furthermore, you probably want to avoid using the Gyrocopter since it has a compass build in.

This is all just speculation, since it could just be a buggy trophie. Im starting a new game atm, trying to get the Magnets trophy. I'll keep you updated.

Edited by Spike-Minoda666
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Spike-Minoda666 said:

I've completed the game never holding a Compass in my hand. So you're either not allowed to have them in the inventory or this trophy is glitched.
So if you find a chest with a compass, leave the compass insinde and dont pick up the whole chest.

Furthermore, you probably want to avoid using the Gyrocopter since it has a compass build in.

This is all just speculation, since it could just be a buggy trophie. Im starting a new game atm, trying to get the Magnets trophy. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for the information!

How long does one playthrough take? And is it hard to finish the game?

On 25.4.2020 at 2:14 PM, Spike-Minoda666 said:

Just finished another playthrough. Following the rules above did unlock the compass trophy for me.

I didn't even built the gyrocopter, but I think building it wont affect the trophy.

Someone else has to confirm if using the copter voids the trophy.

>>I took crabs and seagulls with me too. The seagulls might not be needed, but i didn't want to take the risk<<

How can you take them with you? I cannot pick them up except the crabs... snakes and boars I can only skin... little advise?

Edited by Gamez4Me2

1 hour ago, Gamez4Me2 said:

How can you take them with you? I cannot pick them up except the crabs... snakes and boars I can only skin... little advise?

You can drag stuff around using L2. I just dragged all animals to the beach and waited for a storm, loaded them on the raft and some seconds later the trophy popped.

57 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

@Spike-Minoda666 congrats on first achiever.

did you stack the 10 different days on water/vegan or did you do different saves?

Thanks.
I did the vegan stuff right away while staying at the same island for 10 days straight. 
i was about day 8 when I stopped sleeping on land, so the counter for "seafarer" started

7 hours ago, Spike-Minoda666 said:

You can drag stuff around using L2. I just dragged all animals to the beach and waited for a storm, loaded them on the raft and some seconds later the trophy popped.

Thank you for advise... L2 of course... ?

2 hours ago, Spike-Minoda666 said:

you have to craft the sleeping bag and drop in onto your raft.

After 10 days passed I began to explore, sleeping only like this on my raft.

How did you ended the game, with an Airplane? I found one, but it need a lot of materials and stuff.

3 hours ago, Spike-Minoda666 said:

Exactly. You need to find (or craft) all those things and bring it there.

I already wrote a trophy guide, i don't know how long it takes the admins to publish it.

You‘re my hero, thanks a lot! I can‘t wait for your guide ? How would you rate the difficulty and length of the platinum trophy?

1 hour ago, anotherfangirl said:

You‘re my hero, thanks a lot! I can‘t wait for your guide 1f60a.png How would you rate the difficulty and length of the platinum trophy?

Thank you ?
If you don't mess up the compass thing like I did, it's doable in about 40 hours. It took me 60 ingame days, where a day lasts ~40mins.
The speedrun for just getting the compass trophy took 16 ingame days.

I'd rate the difficulty 3/10. With the right tactics and equipment the bosses aren't that hard.

Edited by Spike-Minoda666
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, Spike-Minoda666 said:

Exactly. You need to find (or craft) all those things and bring it there.

I already wrote a trophy guide, i don't know how long it takes the admins to publish it.

Looking forward to your trophy guide. Any word on when it will be published ?

Having a tough time finding the sea monsters. Going for the no compass play through. Been sailing around their areas as shown on the cartographer screen but can't find any of them...

7 hours ago, MadSlasher13 said:

Looking forward to your trophy guide. Any word on when it will be published ?

Having a tough time finding the sea monsters. Going for the no compass play through. Been sailing around their areas as shown on the cartographer screen but can't find any of them...

Megalodon is a broken fishing boat and a dead whale.  Luska the Squid is a orange bouy (underneath), and the Eel boss is a sunken warship which you should be able to see the top of it above the water.  If that helps at all.  I actually cant find the warship at the moment in the area its supposed to be in. :/

Edited by Ara_Dax

46 minutes ago, Ara_Dax said:

Megalodon is a broken fishing boat and a dead whale.  Luska the Squid is a orange bouy (underneath), and the Eel boss is a sunken warship which you should be able to see the top of it above the water.  If that helps at all.  I actually cant find the warship at the moment in the area its supposed to be in. :/

Yes you're right. The bouy for the squid is luminated at Night. And all locations break the surface line of the ocean. 

I have no idea how long it usually take the admins to Review a New guide. It's almost a Werk since I sent it in

On 25/04/2020 at 10:14 PM, Spike-Minoda666 said:

No need to avoid using the Gyrocopter, I got the trophy no issues and used the Gyro frequently. 

I never had a compass in my inventory though, one time I accidentally did I quit the game and reloaded. I think that may be why you didn’t get the trophy initially. 

Edited by OTPYG
  • Like 1