Warning about Compasses (Magnets Trophy)

Spike-Minoda666

4 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

No need to avoid using the Gyrocopter, I got the trophy no issues and used the Gyro frequently. 

I never had a compass in my inventory though, one time I accidentally did I quit the game and reloaded. I think that may be why you didn’t get the trophy initially. 

Nice to know. I will change the guide accordingly. Thank you

On 4/25/2020 at 10:51 AM, Spike-Minoda666 said:

Took me technically 40 hours. but I messed up with the compass. And the build-everything-throphy is still unobtainable

edit: the build-everything-trophy just popped for me. So its not unobtainable, but a mess and potentially buggy

Wait, so for "gotta craft them all" trophy, you have to make one of everything? Even the walls and floors and roofs and everything? Holy balls..gonna be a long ride. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 27.4.2020 at 7:32 PM, Spike-Minoda666 said:

Exactly. You need to find (or craft) all those things and bring it there.

I already wrote a trophy guide, i don't know how long it takes the admins to publish it.

What happened to the trophy guide? ? Are the admins still checking it?

12 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

What happened to the trophy guide? 1f60a.png Are the admins still checking it?

Hey there, they send it back to me to do some corrections. Didn't had the time yet to rework it. I'll do it soon ?

Wouldn't have thought anyone is still looking forward for the guide ?

21 hours ago, Spike-Minoda666 said:

Hey there, they send it back to me to do some corrections. Didn't had the time yet to rework it. I'll do it soon 1f60a.png

Wouldn't have thought anyone is still looking forward for the guide 1f628.png

Sorry, I didn’t want to stress you out ?

I’ve been looking for the guide almost every day for the past few weeks, wondering where it is. I didn’t realize you’d have to do some corrections ?

And of course I’m still interested in it, it seems like you know a lot about this game and I’m not sure if I can manage it without a guide ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edited by anotherfangirl

21 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Sorry, I didn’t want to stress you out 1f604.png

I’ve been looking for the guide almost every day for the past few weeks, wondering where it is. I didn’t realize you’d have to do some corrections 1f605.png

And of course I’m still interested in it, it seems like you know a lot about this game and I’m not sure if I can manage it without a guide 1f913.png

Thanks a lot in advance!

Did you Start the game yet? Cant find it in your Profile. 

Don't worry, I took the time and did the corrections now. It's again waiting for Review from the admins. I hope it will directly be published this time. 

If you (or anyone else) got a question in the mean time, don't hesitate to send me a Private message. (im not checking this Board regulary but i'll be notified on PM's) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2020 at 10:14 PM, Spike-Minoda666 said:

I've completed the game never holding a Compass in my hand. So you're either not allowed to have them in the inventory or this trophy is glitched.
So if you find a chest with a compass, leave the compass insinde and dont pick up the whole chest.

Furthermore, you probably want to avoid using the Gyrocopter since it has a compass build in.

This is all just speculation, since it could just be a buggy trophie. Im starting a new game atm, trying to get the Magnets trophy. I'll keep you updated.

I just finished the game and I never held a compass either, though I did build the copter and I didn’t get the trophy, so I believe that the copter does void the trophy for not using a compass.

24 minutes ago, microsoftmouse said:

I just finished the game and I never held a compass either, though I did build the copter and I didn’t get the trophy, so I believe that the copter does void the trophy for not using a compass.

I disagree. I got the trophy on my first (and only) playthrough and I used the gyrocopter excessively. 

If you had a compass even in a crate that you carried then I believe it voids the trophy. You don’t have to physically hold it for it to count, just having it in your possession is enough. 

Edited by OTPYG

• 6 months later...

So to add my experience to the pot:

I built and used the gyrocopter.
I had many boxes with compasses in my inventory.
I looked at compasses attached to sunken ships.
I never directly held a compass in my inventory, it was always in a box.

I got the trophy no problem.

Edited by Asmund89

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2020 at 6:46 PM, Spike-Minoda666 said:

Thank you 1f601.png
If you don't mess up the compass thing like I did, it's doable in about 40 hours. It took me 60 ingame days, where a day lasts ~40mins.
The speedrun for just getting the compass trophy took 16 ingame days.

I'd rate the difficulty 3/10. With the right tactics and equipment the bosses aren't that hard.

Have they said anything about your trophy guide?

• 4 weeks later...

What I did:

1/ I started game with intent to get this and the complete the game trophy in one game.

2/ I only have one save file, all trophies to date of this post were all on same save game (adding in case relevant).

3/ My home island is game generated, no custom islands were in my save game at time of getting trophy. There was custom islands in my save at time of game completion.

4/ Never picked up a compass, never picked up a box containing a compass (which means checking all boxes before picking up, and leaving any that were found to contain a compass. Stated another way - Compass was never in my personal inventory (hence never looked at one), nor never had any box containing a compass - never picked up such boxes, including never picked up via L2 pick up,

5/ Did not build the gyrocopter (before game completion trophy pop).

Edited by WangKeRui
told a lie...

• 2 months later...

having done the game twice, i have used the gyrocopter and had compasses in my inventory when emptying them from containers but never held them in my hand. got the plat both times now no problems. custom islands were also used both times.

two of a kind on the other hand with the changes they've made to the physics the second time was a nightmare, boat was pretty much under water once i had everything on it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7.5.2021 at 1:10 AM, Antiristus said:

Wonder what's taking so long with this.

well, it got declined by admins too many times (and i've seen very messy guides beeing approved ?), so i stopped working on it any further.

With all the new Patches, some descriptions are likely to be outdated.

If anyone here wants access to my guide in order to finish and finally upload it, send me a message.