In what order should replay the Assassins Creed games?

Quink666

So i plan on replaying AC 1, 2 ,3, Brotherhood, Revelations, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, Origins & Odyssey.

I'm skipping Freedom Cry and Liberation since i didn't enjoy them very much. Will also only focus in main story and avoid DLC to get through the games as fast as possible so this franchise playthrough doesn't take months. 

Should they be replayed in chronological order or in order of release?

Recently replayed God of War franchise in chronological order that worked out great. Not as sure AC games will work as good when played in Chronological order.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

I would definitely just play them in release order; 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, 4, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, Origins, and Odyssey. Playing them out of that order wouldn't make sense for the modern day storyline which is linear. 1 though to 3 particular as its Desmonds storyline leading up to the 2012 extinction event and each part of his story happens in quick succession. 

I totally didn't take the modern day story line into consideration. Forgot they even existed. But yeah that would screw me up if i started with Odyssey, Origins and then move on to the main Altair, Ezio games. Guess that seals the deal and i'll go with the release order.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I totally didn't take the modern day story line into consideration. Forgot they even existed. 

Honestly I don’t blame you. The modern day hasn’t been any good since Desmond. Layla’s stuff in Origins was promising but Odyssey ruined it for me. Of course, that’s just my personal opinion :) 

Edited by RedDeadWitcher93
  • Like 1

Order of release. Unlike God of war series, in AC gameplay changes a lot on every game. GoW is the same until last one.

1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Oddysey.

Damn, that's a lot of games. DLC's are pretty good, and adds more info to the main storyline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AN0n1m8 said:

Order of release. Unlike God of war series, in AC gameplay changes a lot on every game. GoW is the same until last one.

1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Oddysey.

Damn, that's a lot of games. DLC's are pretty good, and adds more info to the main storyline.

Yeah i might do some DLC like Syndicate since i still need trophies from there. But doing all Odyssey DLC will take like another 40 hours so i'll skip that.

There's a high chance Origins and Odyssey will burn you out because they're LiVe SeRvIcE. I've spent more than 250 hours in Odyssey and by the end of the last dlc I hated it and I don't want to see this kind of game ever again. But knowing Ubisoft they'll make even more gargantuan map for the next AC.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2020 at 8:21 AM, Jamescush147 said:

Chronological Style: :popcorn:

Odyssey

Origins

Assassin’s Creed

Assassin’s Creed II

Brotherhood

Revelations

Black Flag

Rogue

Assassin’s Creed III

Unity

Syndicate

I want to do this one day. 1f61d.png

Your modern day would be all out of cock but it would be interesting to play them in that order 

• Like 1

Im currently doing this (slowly) in release order. Main difference being its for the 1st time. 

Not touching multiplayer or going for plats. Just finishing. 

Every 2/3 months im finishing the next one. 

Just finished Black Flag. 

Best bit so far: Black Flag

Worst bit so far: AC3 dlc. Eurrrgggh. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Im currently doing this (slowly) in release order. Main difference being its for the 1st time. 

Not touching multiplayer or going for plats. Just finishing. 

Every 2/3 months im finishing the next one. 

Just finished Black Flag. 

Best bit so far: Black Flag

Worst bit so far: AC3 dlc. Eurrrgggh. 

Yeah Black Flag is probably the favourite among the vast majority of people. Both story and gameplay is outstanding. Syndicate is underrated imho, throw me you opinion after you finish it =>

BTW i'm looking into mods for AC1 so if anyone knows any mods worth downloading plz do tell. It's the only game i'll play on PC since the rest i own PS4

Edited by Quink666

3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Syndicate is underrated imho, throw me you opinion after you finish it =>

Thats the London one right. I probably have lived nearby from where its set.

Also ive heard Jack the Ripper gets involved somehow. Awesome.  And as sad as it seems im a bit of a Ripperologist. Ive only just found out he's in various games in various genres so i may try them too. But AC first. In order. Rogue is next! Then the glitchy french one. Then home to London town!

• Like 1

101% from old to the newest.

The newer games are much more fluent. Characters controle much easier and can climb almost everything without random jumping of buildings which is stupid annoying. I really had a bad time with that in the ezio collection.

If you play the new games and go back for example AC2 you'll get annoyed much quicker. That's my experience and got them all 100% (except AC3).

• Like 2

I don't think it really matters at this point. If you were to do the series properly, then play the older games first.

Going from Syndicate or Origins to II and Brotherhood will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:41 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

I always replay games in  chronological order, because gameplay mechanics TEND to get better, if for example you start with Odyssey (or Syndicate, if you don't like the arpg spin) you may find going back to AC1 more frustrating.

I'm sure you meant Assassins Creed II. The original Assassins Creed doesn't have a trophy list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just tought i'd give an update. 

Beat AC1 on PC and boy that game has not aged very well. Controls felt alot clunkier then when i played it back in the days. Also running into enemies/civilians trip your character over all the time, that was great design choice... Really looking forward to working my way up to the more modern games.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Just tought i'd give an update. 

Beat AC1 on PC and boy that game has not aged very well. Controls felt alot clunkier then when i played it back in the days. Also running into enemies/civilians trip your character over all the time, that was great design choice... Really looking forward to working my way up to the more modern games.

Good times? 

I played it on 360 a while back too. Its...well its not a dirty game...perhaps muddy would be a better word. Dunno. I remember a lot of grey and brown.

At the time ac1 was damn good. But sadly my memories from it are flags (why did i bother!) And as you say....bumping into people constantly. Eurrrghhh. 

I enjoyed the story for what its worth. 

It gets better from here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Good times? 

I played it on 360 a while back too. Its...well its not a dirty game...perhaps muddy would be a better word. Dunno. I remember a lot of grey and brown.

At the time ac1 was damn good. But sadly my memories from it are flags (why did i bother!) And as you say....bumping into people constantly. Eurrrghhh. 

I enjoyed the story for what its worth. 

It gets better from here. 

Yeah story is good, but playing AC1 before the more modern AC games sure made me look forward to playing the Ezio series remastered on PS4 =>