Did anyone try to get an S rank on Inferno properly ? (without in-game shop items)

Xx-KingOFDark-xX

As the title says, I'm curious if anyone tried it or did it ? 

As I'm considering doing that way. And would like to know how hard is it really ? 

Is it easy, doable or extremely hard ? How hard is it compared to RE2 S rank on Hardcore ? 

And as something I would like to discuss. What do feel about using the cheat items for the platinum ? Do you wish they didn't add it that way and made it a reward for those who truly beat Inferno with an S or do you not care ? If it's in the game, it's welcome. If not, who cares. 

1 hour ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

And as something I would like to discuss. What do feel about using the cheat items for the platinum ? Do you wish they didn't add it that way and made it a reward for those who truly beat Inferno with an S or do you not care ? If it's in the game, it's welcome. If not, who cares. 

I’ll admit, I used the shop items in my Nightmare and Inferno runs. Did Standard and Hardcore legit with no cheat items and decided to reward myself and have a bit of fun blasting through the hordes after that. Why not use them? They give you them to help with a mode they’ve purposefully made insane without them. I felt like I’d earned them by that point.

I can’t imagine doing Nightmare and Hardcore without the Rocket Launcher if I’m honest with you, but that’s just me. I know people have but I would have put my controller through my TV if I’d tried, and my PS4 out the window. 

I got extremely lucky and managed to defeat final Nemesis on Nightmare and Inferno first time each and I’m convinced I only managed that cause of the coins, manual and rocket launcher. The blast radius rocket launcher took out two sets of blisters at once when you aimed between them so he went down quicker. I honestly wouldn’t want to try it with a magnum or a shotgun. 

Again, that’s all just me. I know it’s doable cause people have said they’ve done it, and I’m sure I’ve seen gameplay on YouTube, but I don’t feel guilty for using the shop items and I don’t feel like it cheapens the platinum for me. I did it legit on Standard and Hardcore, I felt I deserved the platinum so I got myself a little help and had a whole lotta fun blowing zombies and Nemesis to Hell. :) 

Edited by RedDeadWitcher93
Spelling
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

I've been trying to do the final boss on Inferno (with all cheat items) for the past 2 and a half hours and I can't do it. It's an absolute nightmare.

Edit it - done it now but it's not as easy as the plat numbers would tell you. 

Good lord. Almost 3 hrs with the cheat items. Either you're extremely unlucky or it's too much. 

7 hours ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

I’ll admit, I used the shop items in my Nightmare and Inferno runs. Did Standard and Hardcore legit with no cheat items and decided to reward myself and have a bit of fun blasting through the hordes after that. Why not use them? They give you them to help with a mode they’ve purposefully made insane without them. I felt like I’d earned them by that point.

I can’t imagine doing Nightmare and Hardcore without the Rocket Launcher if I’m honest with you, but that’s just me. I know people have but I would have put my controller through my TV if I’d tried, and my PS4 out the window. 

I got extremely lucky and managed to defeat final Nemesis on Nightmare and Inferno first time each and I’m convinced I only managed that cause of the coins, manual and rocket launcher. The blast radius rocket launcher took out two sets of blisters at once when you aimed between them so he went down quicker. I honestly wouldn’t want to try it with a magnum or a shotgun. 

Again, that’s all just me. I know it’s doable cause people have said they’ve done it, and I’m sure I’ve seen gameplay on YouTube, but I don’t feel guilty for using the shop items and I don’t feel like it cheapens the platinum for me. I did it legit on Standard and Hardcore, I felt I deserved the platinum so I got myself a little help and had a whole lotta fun blowing zombies and Nemesis to Hell. :) 

I understand your point of view. And I want to use the items, as the rarity of the platinum isn't something special. And millions have done it so it doesn't matter if you did with the items or not. 

But for some reason, there's something nagging inside of me, making me feel guilty about using them as I'm a veteran of the series from the days of speedrunning the first three on PSOne. 

I just wish that choice was taken for me and they just didn't allow using the items. 

But in the end it doesn't really matter as you can see from the platinum rarity even though I'm against it. 

2 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

Good lord. Almost 3 hrs with the cheat items. Either you're extremely unlucky or it's too 

The coins do nothing here. You can still get one-hitted at any point during the fight.

Rocket launcher helps a little bit, maybe. I'm not sure. There were times the rockets went too slow in the air and Nemesis managed to block with a flailing arm. Not sure that ever happened with guns.

7 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

But for some reason, there's something nagging inside of me, making me feel guilty about using them as I'm a veteran of the series from the days of speedrunning the first three on PSOne. 

I understand entirely mate. My parents bought the first Resident Evil when it first came out though I didn’t play it until 1998 as I was too young in 96 (arguably I was still too young in 98 since I was only 5, but 5 is older than 3 so ?‍♀️ My parents have a weird daughter, what can I say?) So I completely understand as a fellow vet of the series. 

I’ve never used cheats until this one, and I only used them this time cause I’d seen gameplay of Nightmare and Inferno Nemesis and could recognise that I didn’t think I could do it legit and that I’m an angry gamer. Something would’ve been broken. So yeah, whilst I had decided after Hardcore to have a bit of fun with the cheat items, and that I had earned them, I did still feel a bit guilty while playing but then I felt proud of myself once that plat popped, and figured since I at least done Hardcore legit, there was no need to feel guilty and I don’t anymore :)

Spelling
  • Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 9:26 AM, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

I will try to do it at some point, I've been watching a lot of bawkasoup and Distortion Inferno runs

Try to keep us posted. I'm interested how it'll go. 

And take my advise. When looking for a guide, look for a "normal" one if you understand what I mean. There's a lot of guides where they expect you to never miss a shot and do some insane maneuvers. I used Darkness's The Everyman's guide to Resident Evil with RE2 as he was understanding of the fact that not everyone is a legend when playing. Was one of the calmest hard trophies I got due to his efforts. Unfortunately he didn't make a guide for RE3 yet. 

On 4/26/2020 at 11:06 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

Distortion is a weird kid. He can do some crazy runs but he never seems happy. He's always so monotone too lol

They always are. =P 

On 4/26/2020 at 2:47 PM, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

I understand entirely mate. My parents bought the first Resident Evil when it first came out though I didn’t play it until 1998 as I was too young in 96 (arguably I was still too young in 98 since I was only 5, but 5 is older than 3 so ?‍♀️ My parents have a weird daughter, what can I say?) So I completely understand as a fellow vet of the series. 

I’ve never used cheats until this one, and I only used them this time cause I’d seen gameplay of Nightmare and Inferno Nemesis and could recognise that I didn’t think I could do it legit and that I’m an angry gamer. Something would’ve been broken. So yeah, whilst I had decided after Hardcore to have a bit of fun with the cheat items, and that I had earned them, I did still feel a bit guilty while playing but then I felt proud of myself once that plat popped, and figured since I at least done Hardcore legit, there was no need to feel guilty and I don’t anymore :)

Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll follow your lead. 

I'll try to do Inferno legit. If for a moment felt something is broken, I'll dig out the items and shows them what's what. =D 

21 minutes ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

Try to keep us posted. I'm interested how it'll go. 

And take my advise. When looking for a guide, look for a "normal" one if you understand what I mean. There's a lot of guides where they expect you to never miss a shot and do some insane maneuvers. I used Darkness's The Everyman's guide to Resident Evil with RE2 as he was understanding of the fact that not everyone is a legend when playing. Was one of the calmest hard trophies I got due to his efforts. Unfortunately he didn't make a guide for RE3 yet.  

Yeah Darkness is really cool, i would totally follow his guide... if there was one...

On 25.4.2020 at 11:22 PM, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

As the title says, I'm curious if anyone tried it or did it ? 

As I'm considering doing that way. And would like to know how hard is it really ? 

Is it easy, doable or extremely hard ? How hard is it compared to RE2 S rank on Hardcore ? 

My standard and HC run(Without S) was without, nightmare and inferno with, didnt bother with S since it was 2 Trophies for it :)

And what i feel about cheat items for plat is: Majority of re games have it, So they should of put in so you have to beat HC  with S rank to unlocking it or on Nightmare(my opinion). Dont see the point of these Difficulty trophies, if you can use the inf rocket luncher to breez through all the diffculty's :) My Hardest RE Campaign for plat was REORC and RE1 , i hoped this had same diffculty as RE1 when i saw the inferno with s trophy . 

On 4/30/2020 at 4:11 AM, DividedByMankind said:

My standard and HC run(Without S) was without, nightmare and inferno with, didnt bother with S since it was 2 Trophies for it :)

And what i feel about cheat items for plat is: Majority of re games have it, So they should of put in so you have to beat HC  with S rank to unlocking it or on Nightmare(my opinion). Dont see the point of these Difficulty trophies, if you can use the inf rocket luncher to breez through all the diffculty's :) My Hardest RE Campaign for plat was REORC and RE1 , i hoped this had same diffculty as RE1 when i saw the inferno with s trophy . 

You do have a point. I don't mind ultra hard difficulties as long as they're balanced. As long as any time I die it would be my fault, not the game. I hate it when a game's idea of difficult is cracking the enemies damage and health to a 11 and our damage and health to a 0. An I'm guessing that's what Inferno like. 

On 26/04/2020 at 9:47 PM, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

This echos my thoughts perfectly. Have done every other game legit, did Hardcore legit, thought I’d have a bit of guilty fun with the infinite RL for Inferno and enjoyed it. I was surprised by how much I struggled on Nemesis final form too and wonder how much tougher it would’ve been ‘legit’. 

Edited by OTPYG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

It's funny reading posts people made trying to justify their cheating.

Go and platinum the game, all legit no less, then come back and judge us. Inferno Nemesis is designed to be completely insane. I’m not the only person who thinks it’s the most unfair boss in RE history cause if he stuns you, chances are you’re locked in stun until he kills you. Go do it with just a pistol, or a shotgun, limited ammo and then you can go on a high horse. It’s unfair to judge how people beat that boss if you yourself haven’t tried. 

I’ve been playing RE legit since I was 5. I’m not gonna be guilt tripped into enjoying myself with a rocket launcher a couple of times.

Silly iPad autocorrect
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

You’re on a Trophy website genius, where people share tips to get trophies in the easiest way possible. The RL is something readily available in the game. If it’s not a path you’re going to take then good for you. But it doesn’t detract from others using something legitimately available for use. You can try to be as high and mighty as you like but it won’t do a damn thing except serve to make you look like a fool ☺️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OTPYG said:

You’re on a Trophy website genius, where people share tips to get trophies in the easiest way possible. The RL is something readily available in the game. If it’s not a path you’re going to take then good for you. But it doesn’t detract from others using something legitimately available for use. You can try to be as high and mighty as you like but it won’t do a damn thing except serve to make you look like a fool 263a.png

This. Besides, cheating is something you can do easily and quickly, like the codes game magazines used to readily give out back in the 90s. It’s neither easy nor quick to get that RL. The amount of points you have to earn is crackers. Takes time, effort, and dedication. 

And at the end of the day, cheating is such a harsh word. I prefer ‘alternative way of winning.’ ?

4 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

You do have a point. I don't mind ultra hard difficulties as long as they're balanced. As long as any time I die it would be my fault, not the game. I hate it when a game's idea of difficult is cracking the enemies damage and health to a 11 and our damage and health to a 0. An I'm guessing that's what Inferno like. 

That’s pretty much what Inferno Nemmy is like. He hits you once and 7 times out of 10 you’re locked in stun for him to kill you. And he has an awful 7 combo punch. If he gets you at the start, that’s the end. The fight is designed to be completely unbalanced

8 minutes ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

This. Besides, cheating is something you can do easily and quickly, like the codes game magazines used to readily give out back in the 90s. It’s neither easy nor quick to get that RL. The amount of points you have to earn is crackers. Takes time, effort, and dedication. 

And at the end day, cheating is such a harsh word. I prefer ‘alternative way of winning.’ 1f60e.png

I don’t define using the RL as cheating. It’s an available in-game item that provides an advantage. Does it make the experience easier? Absolutely. But it isn’t a cheat. Jill (why does she have to have the name of my favourite gaming character!) and you and I clearly have very differing opinions on what is classed as cheating. She can have her opinion and we’ll have ours, and I won’t lose a wink of sleep over her thinking she’s a superior player. Fun fact: She isn’t. 

Edited by OTPYG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OTPYG said:

I don’t define using the RL as cheating. It’s an available in-game item that provides an advantage. Does it make the experience easier? Absolutely. But it isn’t a cheat. Jill (why does she have to have the name of my favourite gaming character!) and you and I clearly have very differing opinions on what is classed as cheating. She can have her opinion and we’ll have ours, and I won’t lose a wink of sleep over her thinking she’s a superior player. Fun fact: She isn’t. 

I definitely don’t class the RL as cheating. Like I say, you gotta earn it. Cheats are something you get easy. That RL isn’t. 

And I’m not gonna lose a wink either. She hasn’t offended me. She actually gave me a damn good laugh. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

Yeah HC, wasnt overly difficult without the items , maybe 6 out of 10 in difficulty :)

Yeah I did Inferno without the infinite RPG. Used no bonus items. The only hard parts for me were the spiders (probably the hardest part in the game for me) and the endboss. When I mastered the dodging and his paterns of the boss it wasn't that bad. But it took me a couple days to practice the perfect strategy and where to save. Inferno is great and feels like true survivor horror without that damn infinite RPG.

17 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

What's the point if there's nothing to distinguish you from those who did use it. The platinum rarity is almost at 50%. And I'm sure that most guys on this thread have proven they have the capabilities to do it if you look at their profiles, and saw their platinums. For me, if the rarity has gone to shit and I know I can beat it for I did get platinums that are a lot harder than legit Inferno. Then, what's the point ? And that's the question I'm raising here. 

16 hours ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

Go and platinum the game, all legit no less, then come back and judge us. Inferno Nemesis is designed to be completely insane. I’m not the only person who thinks it’s the most unfair boss in RE history cause if he stuns you, chances are you’re locked in stun until he kills you. Go do it with just a pistol, or a shotgun, limited ammo and then you can go on a high horse. It’s unfair to judge how people beat that boss if you yourself haven’t tried. 

I’ve been playing RE legit since I was 5. I’m not gonna be guilt tripped into enjoying myself with a rocket launcher a couple of times.

And like our dear Arthur Witcher ( =P) said. You want to do it legit go ahead. I'll cheering you up all the way. But the way you presented the case like it was some sort of taboo or shaming isn't gonna represent the idea you have in your head. 

16 hours ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

And at the end of the day, cheating is such a harsh word. I prefer ‘alternative way of winning.’ 1f60e.png

That’s pretty much what Inferno Nemmy is like. He hits you once and 7 times out of 10 you’re locked in stun for him to kill you. And he has an awful 7 combo punch. If he gets you at the start, that’s the end. The fight is designed to be completely unbalanced

Damn, I forgot about the cheat codes. A time when if you weren't using it then you haven't really played the game. ?

It's not the one hit kill that's worrying me. It's the repeated travelling from the last manual save to the boss that gives me nightmares. ?

12 hours ago, LucienNL said:

Yeah I did Inferno without the infinite RPG. Used no bonus items. The only hard parts for me were the spiders (probably the hardest part in the game for me) and the endboss. When I mastered the dodging and his paterns of the boss it wasn't that bad. But it took me a couple days to practice the perfect strategy and where to save. Inferno is great and feels like true survivor horror without that damn infinite RPG.

And how was you final timing ? How's like running against the clock in Inferno. 

9 hours ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

tumblr_n0fwulLRet1szthgao1_400.gifv

Gotta agree. In the end we're a community for hunting digital rewards that serve noting but personal satisfaction. =P 

50 minutes ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

Damn, I forgot about the cheat codes. A time when if you weren't using it then you haven't really played the game. 1f606.png

Good times. I think the GTA San Andreas cheats were my favourites. Everyone is Elvis, jetpacks, spawn a tank and, of course, no wanted level. It was great to just kick back and cause havoc ?

50 minutes ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

Good times. I think the GTA San Andreas cheats were my favourites. Everyone is Elvis, jetpacks, spawn a tank and, of course, no wanted level. It was great to just kick back and cause havoc 1f602.png

This was the one. I completed the story legit with no cheat, and my friends went on how I didn't really play GTA: SA when they did not even finished the first 10 story missions. =P 

7 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

Lol, not even a little. I simply call people out for their idiotic remarks. 

You're bold. I admire that. =D 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

This was the one. I completed the story legit with no cheat, and my friends went on how I didn't really play GTA: SA when they did not even finished the first 10 story missions. =P 

I did it legit once, and then used the cheats to have a bit of fun whenever I was stressed ?