Did anyone try to get an S rank on Inferno properly ? (without in-game shop items)

Xx-KingOFDark-xX

I tried the final boss legit without cheat items and let me tell you, it's one big BS. The boss has a combo of 8 hits (sometimes more whenever the decides to) and Jill's dodge roll is not that build to work that way. Without coins, you die in one or two hits if you are lucky. I saw on Maximilian Dood's twitter that he suspect that this part was not tested properly and I ten d to believe him. The rest of the game before the final boss is not that hard, I usually breeze through many RE games, but this the final part is just ridiculous without the cheat items. 

I saw some people having trouble with the boss even with items and my suggestion is go back playing on nightmare mode and practice the boss there. I know, it's kinda a ridiculous requirement, but if you don't have a save spot, just breeze through the campaign with rocket launcher. Try to figure out Nemesis pattern, cause it's much easier here than on Inferno. Practice couple of times and you will be shock how easier it get on Inferno. I did that on Nightmare and I beat Inferno on my first try. Make sure to have the manual in your inventory to make it easier. 

Just beat it on Inferno with an S rank, earning me the Plat last night! No infinite Rocket Launcher, but I did use the infinite Assault Rifle and Handgun.

The final boss is total bullshit, but he's not noticeably harder than on Nightmare, which unfortunately is still insanely hard.

Ultimately it came down to having all of the coins (defense, assault, and recovery, although recovery probably isn't that useful during the final battle), the Field Combat Manual, and a ton of healing items. You need this to get the hang of his attack patterns, because in the end you'll need to learn how to dodge EVERYTHING he throws at you, because if you get hit, you're probably going to be comboed to death.

Took me several hours to get the hang of it on Nightmare, then another hour or so on Inferno, lol.

• 1 month later...

For those who have completed this, have a question. Have completed Standard run, to memorize some things like codes and layout in general, but have met very interesting aspect. First, usual zombies mostly has been replaced with las plagas or whatever they called there, the stage with fighting in a hospital lobby took much more waves, and the last - Nemesis before the final form drained everything from my arsenal, to compare roughly on Hardcore it took to me about 5 minutes to kill him, and on standard like 10 plus. So what really inferno will be? Because Standard at this point looked much more like Hardcore on my side, lol. The only difference probably more ammo in Standard, but if inferno is like that, I guess I pass without infinite items and such...

On 9/6/2020 at 10:40 PM, Bloodytears1666 said:

For those who have completed this, have a question. Have completed Standard run, to memorize some things like codes and layout in general, but have met very interesting aspect. First, usual zombies mostly has been replaced with las plagas or whatever they called there, the stage with fighting in a hospital lobby took much more waves, and the last - Nemesis before the final form drained everything from my arsenal, to compare roughly on Hardcore it took to me about 5 minutes to kill him, and on standard like 10 plus. So what really inferno will be? Because Standard at this point looked much more like Hardcore on my side, lol. The only difference probably more ammo in Standard, but if inferno is like that, I guess I pass without infinite items and such...

I am not sure I fully understand your question. Did you practice Standard to prepare yourself for Inferno? It makes no sense, because there are too many differences.

Main are:

- Enemies, item, and typewriter placement is different. You get more Lickers, Hunters, Pale Heads, and Parasites. 

- The main entrance to the donut place in the first area is locked and you need to use the stairs. 

- Brad does not drop the police card.

- Everything is faster (zombies, Nemesis, rolling head).

If you want to practice for Inferno, play on Nightmare. Enemies, items, etc... on Nightmare and Inferno are the same.

Tbh, to me Standard felt like Assisted, because there are very few challenging enemies (for example, only 2 Lickers).

Inferno is... something else. You should watch to some No Bonus / No Damage / S-Rank non YT to get an idea of what you have to do to get S-Rank without bonus item (no damage comes "naturally" because you most likely die in one hit :D).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Tbh, to me Standard felt like Assisted, because there are very few challenging enemies (for example, only 2 Lickers).

Inferno is... something else. You should watch to some No Bonus / No Damage / S-Rank non YT to get an idea of what you have to do to get S-Rank without bonus item (no damage comes "naturally" because you most likely die in one hit :D).

Nevermind, I'm already in hospital on nightmare, using only Samurai Edge and one pouch. Generally, as I understand, adaptively difficulty doesn't affect Nightmare very much, and now see that it's more about specific enemy placement. About what I'm saying, on standard, whey you going straight without deaths, bosses become a real trouble. As being said, and experienced again, did spend roughly 10 minutes on Nightmare at Nemesis clocktower fight, where on standard got spend all the ammo had and about 20 minutes.

Thanks for response though!

1 hour ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Nevermind, I'm already in hospital on nightmare, using only Samurai Edge and one pouch. Generally, as I understand, adaptively difficulty doesn't affect Nightmare very much, and now see that it's more about specific enemy placement. About what I'm saying, on standard, whey you going straight without deaths, bosses become a real trouble. As being said, and experienced again, did spend roughly 10 minutes on Nightmare at Nemesis clocktower fight, where on standard got spend all the ammo had and about 20 minutes.

Thanks for response though!

Oh, I see!

I have read about adaptive difficulty, but never really paid attention to it. 

(Doesn't make much sense especially when there are so many difficulty you can choose from, imho. But whatever :D)

Gave up on this one. Damn, this seems too hard really. Managed to make a ton of pistol ammo before the first downtown run, but the real problem is that pistol is slow and enemies are many, and it takes really a lot of time. Though I have found a way right to the first boss, with so much trouble on the road, that other wise could be easily solved with infinite ammo. 

But for those who will try - there is a random, you could or could not die from a one hit. You can even leave a zombie situation in danger state, without any coins. But it is again so random, on other side there plenty of healing items on the way. This the last thing to be concerned about. The real trouble is enemies numbers. If make correct route, there a lot of grenades in town, and it takes a little time to collect them, but you still have to shoot Nemesis, or otherwise spam R1 and hope for the best. Game doesn't always recognize evasion move, so sometimes your death animation will start when you behind Nemesis, that's a disaster. Ah, and don't skip cut scenes, where after you'll face any enemy, the game unfairly punish you making them few meters closer to you, than in natural flow.

Dunno, will try it with infinite assault rifle, because hate Glock, can't stand that gun:). May be sometime in my life will go back to prove to myself something, but this is not worth the time really. Not even statistics on RE.NET shows how good you are. Wish you luck, who will going to attempt it.

Also about OP question, RE2 hardcore in compare just a walk in a park, really. Here is, too much action have to be and everything moves 2x time faster in pace, all you knew about survival in Resident Evil games before doesn't work.

Edited by Bloodytears1666