Just bought the game - Died twice within 10 minutes.

DaveMcDamage

Hi all,

Just bought the game as I wanted a vast RPG game. Just tried it on my none completion account just to test out the controls. Feels nice and smooth to start off with, but all the air is toxic and caused the character to die very quickly. I mined some ferrite dust for something and did an upgrade, then it asked to harvest sodium from a yellow plant. Pressed the L3 stick and it sent me to these blue crystal type things but it wasn't sodium and then died again.

When you start the game are you not supposed to move far from where you start because when I do I die in the game. 

The Blue Crystals are Di-Hydrogen, which is used to make Launch Fuel for your Ship - what you're looking for are the Orange Flowers and Crystals that are marked with an Orange "N" on your HUD when you pulse the Scanner. The Tutorial holds your hand the whole time, just make sure you always have correct mission marked as "active" in your log :). Early on the game you have to repair your scanner, visor, ship and something else I can't remember off-hand but the game will walk you through everything, step-by-step, just keep your eye on the Tutorial prompts that appear and double check your log if you get stuck.

The first hour or two of the game is the roughest part, especially for newcomers and if you're in Permadeath mode but things get way easier once you're off-world and start building up your base and earn your first freighter :).

Here's the most up-to-date beginners Guide I could find on Youtube:

Edited by HuntingFever
  • Like 4

These are the plants you are looking for

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1582772244

They will show up on your Scanner pulses as a yellow diamond with "Na" in them. You might recognize this as the periodic table symbol for Sodium. If you don't see any of these symbols immediately after a pulse, it's because there are none in Scanner range and you need to move to a different location and try again. I look for a yellow glow on the ground through my analysis visor, sodium plants glow yellow.

If you're starting out on Survival or Permadeath mode, ducking into underground caves to shelter from the elements will be something to do until your hazard protections get better.

• Like 1

Cheers gents,

I started in normal mode as it really is my first time playing the game ever. Not even looked at the trophy list with the exception of the online trophy which I will no doubt need help with at some point. I hate online but heard you don't even need PS+ which is why I would love to have this game on my completion profile as well as just having an awesome game to play beyond the completion. 

16 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers gents,

I started in normal mode as it really is my first time playing the game ever. Not even looked at the trophy list with the exception of the online trophy which I will no doubt need help with at some point. I hate online but heard you don't even need PS+ which is why I would love to have this game on my completion profile as well as just having an awesome game to play beyond the completion. 

The online trophy is piss easy now, compared to what it used to be like Pre-NEXT. All you have to do is use the Terminus on the Space Anomaly to visit any random base owned by another player, then interact with the Base Computer Terminal - that's it, one of the easiest trophies ever made :). Once you have trophy, just teleport back to the Space Anomaly and continue on your way.

What you will have to boost (and will need PS+ for if you go down the boosting route), are the Survival mode trophies but again - those are a complete joke compared to their Pre-NEXT incarnations. Just start a Permadeath game and progress the story until you have access to the Space Station in your current system, then have a friend invite you to their game at a Space Station near the Center of the Galaxy and give you a Warp Hypercore to fuel your Hyperdrive. Once your Hyperdrive is fuelled, leave the Space Station then bring up the Galaxy Map and set a course for the Galactic Center. When you arrive at the Galactic Center, press and hold Square when prompted, then you will be warped to another galaxy and the trophies will pop :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The online trophy is piss easy now, compared to what it used to be like Pre-NEXT. All you have to do is use the Terminus on the Space Anomaly to visit any random base owned by another player, then interact with the Base Computer Terminal - that's it, one of the easiest trophies ever made :). Once you have trophy, just teleport back to the Space Anomaly and continue on your way.

What you will have to boost (and will need PS+ for if you go down the boosting route), are the Survival mode trophies but again - those are a complete joke compared to their Pre-NEXT incarnations. Just start a Permadeath game and progress the story until you have access to the Space Station in your current system, then have a friend invite you to their game at a Space Station near the Center of the Galaxy and give you a Warp Hypercore to fuel your Hyperdrive. Once your Hyperdrive is fuelled, leave the Space Station then bring up the Galaxy Map and set a course for the Galactic Center. When you arrive at the Galactic Center, press and hold Square when prompted, then you will be warped to another galaxy and the trophies will pop :).

Cheers man. Couple of things to ask you if you have the time. 

1: Given the info you gave me about the survival thing about the galaxy center. I don't have PS+ and prefer to do my own thing, so taking speeding up the trophy needs, this is very doable on my own right?

2: What mode is best to play the game in? I hear/read stuff about permadeath but for whatever reason my usb stick will no longer transfer saves back to the PS4. I think its been corrupted somehow because I can't even re-format the usb through the PS4. And I have another usb stick but that says its locked or soemthing and can't use it for the PS4. So with that in mind, am I best to just buy another cheap 3gb memory stick and play only on permadeath mode? I took a quick scan at the permadeath/survival trophies and the guide says it could be done within 2 hours but I assume thats through boosting. 

I wanted to play the game on normal just to enjoy everything for what it is without the hassle of worrying if I make a mistake. I hate when video game take themselves too seriously like that. But anyway, if I was doing everything solo and then one day want to go for the survival dlc trophies, are we looking at around the 10-20 hour make to get those done? If so then thats fine./ 

1. Reaching the center without multiplayer help is very doable... I did it on my own twice: 1 normal and 1 permadeath.  I used an exotic ship with max upgraded warp engines and went through black-holes. 

2. You can have more than 1 save... I have a normal, survival, and permadeath.  I learned on normal, played survival for the challenge, then played permadeath for the trophy (I didn't use a back-up save, just exited the game when I knew death was eminent).

As for how many hours to plat... I cant say because I enjoyed playing the game and put a lot of hours in before I started the permadeath play through.

4 hours ago, wildkatb said:

1. Reaching the center without multiplayer help is very doable... I did it on my own twice: 1 normal and 1 permadeath.  I used an exotic ship with max upgraded warp engines and went through black-holes. 

2. You can have more than 1 save... I have a normal, survival, and permadeath.  I learned on normal, played survival for the challenge, then played permadeath for the trophy (I didn't use a back-up save, just exited the game when I knew death was eminent).

As for how many hours to plat... I cant say because I enjoyed playing the game and put a lot of hours in before I started the permadeath play through.

Cheers for the info man. 

EDITED POST

Okay, so after another go I then realised I was trying to collect the wrong sodium. I needed the stuff you harvest with 'square' rather than the stuff you zap. So I then figured out how to recharge As well as life support. I then found my spaceship, upgraded the visor so I could visual scan stuff, repaired the ship and flew into space. Got a message from some bizzare name and now landed on another planet.  Had to save there because as well as my sleeping pattern going to s**t, this game has really cabbaged my brain. 

Saving is pain in the arse too. I take it you create a fresh auto save whenever you enter/exit your ship and then when you come across those beacon things you can save with those as well? So the game doesn't have a save file system as such, it just saves in one particular place.

In terms of how a game starts, this is probably the worst start to a game I have ever experienced since the days of the ZX Spectrum, and I don't mean the amount of times I died... though that did suck. It gives no explanation as to why you are where you are, What purpose you have or objective. Most games have an idea of how to start and finish a game/story and struggle with the middle. This game seems to have no explanation of starting, but due to a dedicated gamer fanbase, it clearly excels in the middle which is probably the gameplay and not so much story structure. 

Is this more like the old Elite game but with the option to leave your ship? That Elite game had a huge following in the early 90's and from what I remember was aimed towards a sort of trade and economy system. NMS however, I have no idea what its about lol. I dunno. I hated Witcher 3 for the first 6 or so hours and then it became an all time favourite for me, so no doubt this could be the same. 

Also I don't get the inventory slot thing. So whenever I open a crate it gives three options to store, the suit, something else and the ship. When they reach ZERO, is that when you have to decide on when to dump stuff or sell it or something?

EDIT

Another question. I am most likely on the story path I assume. At what point do you suggest I leave the plot and just open up the game? I only as I'm sure I saw someone say to leave the story behind as its no good anyway. I assume no trophies are story related or something?

Edited by DaveMcDamage

It is very doable to reach the Galactic Center without boosting but it will take a very long time so if all you want are the relevant trophies, I recommend just boosting them.

1: The game saves at the following points: Whenever you exit your ship, whenever you use a Waypoint Beacon, whenever you use a Portable Save Point and whenever you use a Save Beacon (this is one you build and is unrelated to the ones you find at NPC buildings). You are given 2 save slots: One for manual saves and one for Auto-Saves i.e. the ones you make yourself at Waypoints etc. and one for when you get out of your ship. Each mode (i.e. Normal, Survival, Permadeath and Creative) has its own set of save slots so you can't overwrite them by accident.

2: The game holds your hand for the first few hours and gives you detailed info on what to do and where to go, you just have to ensure you always have the correct mission set as your active one and keep and eye on the message prompts that appear in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Pre-NEXT, the game told you absolutely nothing about what you were supposed to do and was very obtuse about the exact requirements of any given mission but now it holds your hand and is much simpler than it used to be :). If you're still having issues after a couple of hours, then checkout a lets play on Youtube - because there are plenty of people out there who are starting from scratch for whatever reason :).

3: I can't really answer that one, because I never played either of the Frontier Elite games back in the day :(.

4: Correct. Once the storage number goes red, you can't store anything else so you have to either sell something or move it to somewhere there is space e.g. a Storage Container, your Ship, Freighter etc. You can get more storage space by either paying for it at any given Space Station or by fixing the various drop pods you encounter in the wild. Increasing your Ship's storage is more expensive and fiddly affair, because you either need a shit ton of cash and Nanites or get lucky and receive a Storage Augment when scrapping an unwanted ship at a Space Station. Freighters can't be upgraded, thus you will need to either build some Storage Containers or spend a lot of time and effort on locating a bigger and better freighter.

5: That's entirely up to you but I recommend at the very least, following the Artemis storyline to its conclusion so you have access to all the available technologies from the main story. The story is split between the various storylines you encounter whilst doing the main ones and the hidden lore you have to seek out in the world via Ruins, Monoliths, certain Space Anomaly missions and the Weekend Community Missions. The Atlas storyline is more story heavy and gives you a couple of additional minor technologies but you don't do as much exploring as you do in the Artemis storyline.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Gives awesome wisdom-idge

Cheers man. Much appreciated. 

Eventually I started figuring some things out and been following the story. I ended up going to the space station but everyone I spoke with speaks a different language. I picked something up on the second planet so I know you have to unlock words to translate. Thats some task though, finding every single frikkin word ever for a different race lol. 

Anyway I went back to the story and used the teleport beacon thing. Next part I have to build a hyper drive. I got these blueprints from a crashed freighter and whilst there thought I'd get some more knowledge stones. Theres one that is right at the back of the freighter, but when I tried to get it I ended up walking up an invisible wall and cannot get to it. Anyone else come across that?

If I cannot speak anyone elses language, how do you sell items?

3 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man. Much appreciated. 

Eventually I started figuring some things out and been following the story. I ended up going to the space station but everyone I spoke with speaks a different language. I picked something up on the second planet so I know you have to unlock words to translate. Thats some task though, finding every single frikkin word ever for a different race lol. 

Anyway I went back to the story and used the teleport beacon thing. Next part I have to build a hyper drive. I got these blueprints from a crashed freighter and whilst there thought I'd get some more knowledge stones. Theres one that is right at the back of the freighter, but when I tried to get it I ended up walking up an invisible wall and cannot get to it. Anyone else come across that?

If I cannot speak anyone elses language, how do you sell items?

Outside of the language trophies and certain activities, language really don't matter or count towards anything special so don't worry about not being able to understand what the other races are saying :). A little later on the game you will able to buy 3 translator modules from a vendor on the Space Anomaly, that auto-translate certain common phrases but in the endgame they're pretty pointless and just take up space in your backpack. Despite several major overhauls of the language system, it remains fairly pointless in most cases so the majority of the fan base just ignore it. You can sell items to any race at any time, without knowing the language so it really doesn't matter how many words you know.

Due to how the game engine works, sometimes it will glitch out and spawn certain items underground in areas which are impossible to access so all you can do is ignore them and more on to the next one available.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Due to how the game engine works, sometimes it will glitch out and spawn certain items underground in areas which are impossible to access so all you can do is ignore them and more on to the next one available.

Yeah when I reloaded the knowledge stone wasn't even there, but two spawned next to each other a bit further away.

Since then I've been carrying on with the story. Just unlocked the hazmat gloves but not constructed them yet. Spoke to that Artemis alien guy and now have to make a beacon. Auto saved there as I still can't figure out where to manual save. Is it that save thing you can construct or something? Gonna have to get a USB sorted or something because I don't want a save to get corrupted and lose all progress and that feeling will only get worse the further I progress.

I frikkin love how you can rename pretty much everything you want, but I don't think I will bother with that until I find a planet I really want to settle on and make it my own.

When you fly to a new planet you really have to appreciate the work that has gone into this game. They are indeed massive in size. It sort of remind me of the locations you discovered on the original Mass Effect game but on a much, much greater scale. I saw a tutorial video and the guy said and shown that the devs gave a free spacecraft away but I cannot find out how to get it. If its on the PS4 version (video was from PC) does that spacecraft apply to each difficult mode or does it only work for one game mode? Apologies if that was worded badly. 

In terms of resources to sell should I only keep the basic stuff ;like ferrite, sodium, cobolt, as these can be tranformed into other materials anyway can't they? I found an old bone which sold for 86k units.  At what point should I invest in combat upgrades for the hand tool? I've only encountered aliens once and I was able to avoid them until they left. 

I would start upgrading your Multi-Tool as you you get your second or third one, because by then - you will be far enough into the story that upgrades really start making a difference between life and death. Depending on the tech you're trying to upgrade, you can add up to 5 S Class Upgrade Modules before the system overloads and you have to take one out. As for what resources to keep handy, Carbon, Tritium, Oxygen, Sodium, Di-Hydrogen, Dioxite, Ammonia, Phosphorous and Uranium are the main things you should keep handy but everything else can be bought or mined whenever they're needed because most of the basics are very common and pretty cheap to buy, even when bought in bulk. After 500+hrs on my current save, I have over 135 Million Units and 4,000 Nanites so can buy pretty much whatever I want but even at 40hrs, I still had several Million Units and a few hundred Nanites :). The Units start rolling in once you know once you start treasure hunting and digging up bones and Salvage modules :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I would start upgrading your Multi-Tool as you you get your second or third one, because by then - you will be far enough into the story that upgrades really start making a difference between life and death. Depending on the tech you're trying to upgrade, you can add up to 5 S Class Upgrade Modules before the system overloads and you have to take one out. As for what resources to keep handy, Oxygen, Sodium, Di-Hydrogen, Dioxite, Ammonia, Phosphorous and Uranium are the main things you should keep handy but everything else can be bought or mined whenever they're needed because most of the basics are very common and pretty cheap to buy, even when bought in bulk. After 500+hrs on my current save, I have over 135 Million Units and 4,000 Nanites so can buy pretty much whatever I want but even at 40hrs, I still had several Million Units and a few hundred Nanites :). The Units start rolling in once you know once you start treasure hunting and digging up bones and Salvage modules :).

Mate your info has been amazing, everyone that has responded has really. But guess what? Got something else to ask and should then be able to leave you alone for a bit lol

1: Is there a point where it becomes easy to find another players base for that online trophy. I suppose its not just a case of going to the second planet as no doubt we all start on different locations right?

2: Was the free spaceship only for PC or a limited time giveaway?

3: So the nanites are are rare. Is there something I should/should't use them on?

4: I got a message whilst in my ship from one of those Vyken aliens. They asked for trade and I had the choice of giving them almost a million units but gave them 300 oxygen units instead. Are these space scams by any chance? They gave me some purple egg type things. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

1: I'll just quote myself from my Guide on PST :):

Progress the story until you gain access to the Space Anomaly and complete the brief mission chain you're given, then head into the room containing the Interstellar Terminus and access it. Now press the "Featured" or "Space Anomaly" buttons and pick a base to travel to. When you arrive at the other end, locate the Base Computer and access it - then the trophy will pop shortly afterwards.

2: All platforms got it but it was only available as part of the now long out of print and hugely expensive Limited Edition, plus the code has almost certainly expired by this point :(.

3: Nanites are common as muck, just do the missions on Space Stations and the Space Anomaly that award them and you'll get upwards of 500 for each one - depending on how generous the reward is :). If you want to top up your Nanites, then look for NPC builds and explore the back rooms on the space stations, because you'll find loads in the interactable items on the walls. All you need them for are Upgrade Modules, plus buying certain items from particular vendors on the Space Anomaly. You can also sell any unwanted Upgrade Modules back to the Space Station vendors and get some Nanites back in return. The Broken Machinery you find on the surface of every planet will give you either Units or Nanites after accessing them.

4: No you will always either be given an item of value to sell for your services or have the chance to buy or sell something to them. Everything has resale value in either Units or Nantites, depending on what the item is. The Living Ship update (v2.30) added random space encounters to the game, which range from derelict freighters to Pirate Installations and Abandoned cargo pods. If you have a Living Ship, then you will frequently encounter Void Eggs that can be destroyed which give you Upgrade Modules for your ship. What you do have to watch out for, are the Hostile Sub-Space Scans, because that means you're about to be attacked by Pirates but they will give you a few seconds to either pay a bribe to make them go away or use a Defence Chit which summons the local security forces to destroy them.

• Like 1

Cheers man. Yeah I now have access to the anomaly ship thing. Speaking to Nada sends the PS4 Pro fans into overdrive. Had visions of my PS4 going into warp drive and taking the half the f**king wall with it. 

So yeah. Been doing some jobs for the Nexus board. Wish I had saw that sooner when I was building stuff and those wire things costing me 50k a piece each time. Did one Nexus job and got 15 of the buggers... Good for next time though. Landed on some crazy planets for them though and also had to kill my first animal. Didn't want to but I was on a planet where it seemed to be raining fire and this little prick charged at me. Made sure to scan it first to see if it was carnivorous otherwise I would have just left it. 

Weirdest planet I landed on was one called Theum or something. When you land its all black & white noir style, with a blood red sky. Super creepy and very stormy. But when the strom blows over you can explore without hazard.

What I want to know is, how much more should I unlock before moving to Permadeath mode, as I took a quick scan of a trophy and it said all can be unlocked in that mode. Now I don't want to do it just yet as I still have no clue what the hell I am doing and not  spent anytime upgrading or anything like that. But in your opinion, when would be a good time to go for permadeath. You see I am in the mindset that this will be my final video game before hanging up the ol' joypad, and I want it to last me a long, long time. So I'm not in a rush for 100% trophy completion, but do want to know when is it best to stop playing through the normal mode as to not waste gameplay time and resources when that time could have been spent in permadeath. Or... Is permadeath a sucky mode and only needs to be played for specific trophies?  

3 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man. Yeah I now have access to the anomaly ship thing. Speaking to Nada sends the PS4 Pro fans into overdrive. Had visions of my PS4 going into warp drive and taking the half the f**king wall with it. 

So yeah. Been doing some jobs for the Nexus board. Wish I had saw that sooner when I was building stuff and those wire things costing me 50k a piece each time. Did one Nexus job and got 15 of the buggers... Good for next time though. Landed on some crazy planets for them though and also had to kill my first animal. Didn't want to but I was on a planet where it seemed to be raining fire and this little prick charged at me. Made sure to scan it first to see if it was carnivorous otherwise I would have just left it. 

Weirdest planet I landed on was one called Theum or something. When you land its all black & white noir style, with a blood red sky. Super creepy and very stormy. But when the strom blows over you can explore without hazard.

What I want to know is, how much more should I unlock before moving to Permadeath mode, as I took a quick scan of a trophy and it said all can be unlocked in that mode. Now I don't want to do it just yet as I still have no clue what the hell I am doing and not  spent anytime upgrading or anything like that. But in your opinion, when would be a good time to go for permadeath. You see I am in the mindset that this will be my final video game before hanging up the ol' joypad, and I want it to last me a long, long time. So I'm not in a rush for 100% trophy completion, but do want to know when is it best to stop playing through the normal mode as to not waste gameplay time and resources when that time could have been spent in permadeath. Or... Is permadeath a sucky mode and only needs to be played for specific trophies?  

Permadeath is very stressful and annoying IMO, with a lot more micromanagement required to stay alive so leave the two Survival mode trophies trophies until last and get all the others in Normal mode, that way you can keep laser focused on doing only what needs to be done, without worrying about all the other trophies. The fastest non-boosting method for getting the Survival mode trophies done, is to start a Permadeath game and follow the Artemis storyline to its ultimate conclusion. If you want to boost, then just do what I said earlier :).

32 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Permadeath is very stressful and annoying IMO, with a lot more micromanagement required to stay alive so leave the two Survival mode trophies trophies until last and get all the others in Normal mode, that way you can keep laser focused on doing only what needs to be done, without worrying about all the other trophies. The fastest non-boosting method for getting the Survival mode trophies done, is to start a Permadeath game and follow the Artemis storyline to its ultimate conclusion. If you want to boost, then just do what I said earlier :).

Cheers man. 

Done a couple more side missions and stuff and now have around 1.5 million units saved up. I know thats nothing compared to what can be made and what stuff costs to buy, but meh... gotta get my first mil sometime. 

I just added the laser gun thing to the tool and thats all 6 slots filled. The next upgrade from the base computer is now for a shield but I have no more slot space. Can you buy slots or do you just have to buy new weapons that contain more slots? Saw a nice one which had sooooooo many slots but it was a touch too pricey. 

Struggling with inventory tool. Selling what I can but when upgrades come along I run out of space even more. Gah! I went to a space station and it seems for 1 million units you can add storage to your ship but it doesn't say how much. Is storage competely different to item slots?

5 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man. 

Done a couple more side missions and stuff and now have around 1.5 million units saved up. I know thats nothing compared to what can be made and what stuff costs to buy, but meh... gotta get my first mil sometime. 

I just added the laser gun thing to the tool and thats all 6 slots filled. The next upgrade from the base computer is now for a shield but I have no more slot space. Can you buy slots or do you just have to buy new weapons that contain more slots? Saw a nice one which had sooooooo many slots but it was a touch too pricey. 

Struggling with inventory tool. Selling what I can but when upgrades come along I run out of space even more. Gah! I went to a space station and it seems for 1 million units you can add storage to your ship but it doesn't say how much. Is storage competely different to item slots?

1: Multi-Tools can't be upgraded with more space, thus your only options are to either delete something you're not using or find another one which has more slots. The max slots any given Multi-Tool can have is 24 but even that isn't enough to have every item installed + the maximum number of upgrades for each one so you will have to pick and choose what to use and what to avoid. IMO, the Shield is a waste of time since you can't have it up and shoot at the same time. Other useless Multi-Tool items include the Combat Scope, Blaze Javelin and Geology Cannon so don't waste your time on any of those. Once you have the Pulse Splitter available, I recommend installing that and dumping the Bolt Caster since it's really underpowered when compared to the other weapons that are available.

2: Ships have 2 sections you can upgrade with extra slots i.e Cargo and Technology but you can only upgrade one or the other, per-transaction, which means things get really expensive, really quickly. To add 1 slot to my 48 Slot S Class Ball Hauler, will cost me about 60 million Units or heaven only knows how many Nanites. The same applies to your Exosuit, since those upgrades will eventually rise to 2 Million Units a pop, each time you buy one.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Further wisdom given

Cheers man. 

I tried to get that visit a players base trophy. Went to the anomaly and then to a base designed like a cobra but when I checked the computer there nothing popped. 

Got to go to Kovax now to find a scientist. My base planet is just trash at the minute, I built a shed and everything else is all over the floor. This is because eventually I may find an awesome plant to be based on but for now my Gek construction worker will have to make do. I can't figure out how to find Kovax on the galaxy map though

You know when you press square in a random place and it puts up that huge marker then leaves that marker symbol in the lower right corner. How can I remove that. I planted one by accident when tried to flag something else but can't seem to get rid of it.

For Reunion, you have to ensure that Multiplayer is enabled and the other player isn't at home when you visit, else the trophy won't pop. If you've done all of that and the trophy still hasn't popped when you visit another base, then open the Discovery tab and ensure you're connected to the Discovery Services by looking in the bottom left hand corner and seeing if the server light is green and a message similar to "Discovery Services Active" is showing. This trophy has always been a tad finicky about what triggers it but isn't glitched and will show up after a bit of prodding :).

The Custom markers can be removed by pressing and holding Square again whilst you're looking at one you've accidentally created. It may take a few tries but will always disappear eventually. Another solution is to leave the system then come back.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

For Reunion, you have to ensure that Multiplayer is enabled and the other player isn't at home when you visit, else the trophy won't pop. If you've done all of that and the trophy still hasn't popped when you visit another base, then open the Discovery tab and ensure you're connected to the Discovery Services by looking in the bottom left hand corner and seeing if the server light is green and a message similar to "Discovery Services Active" is showing. This trophy has always been a tad finicky about what triggers it but isn't glitched and will show up after a bit of prodding :).

The Custom markers can be removed by pressing and holding Square again whilst you're looking at one you've accidentally created. It may take a few tries but will always disappear eventually. Another solution is to leave the system then come back.

Cheers man. 

I will have another look at that reunion trophy tomorrow. 

If permadeath sucks, is survival worth playing or don't you even need to play that mode?:I don't mind those sort of requirements on a 10hour game, but on a massive RPG I just don't see the fun in losing everything after 50+ hours or whatnot. I know you can rig the saves and such, but still seems a bit too extreme for a video game. 

So tomorrow its all about getting that pesky online trophy done with, and then I have to find this Kovax area to employ a scientist. There is a trophy tied to that one isn't there when they create a vehicle or something? Can't wait for a land vehicle. The planets truly are too massive to be walking or wasting spaceship fuel to get from one side to the other. 

If you're not playing for the trophies, then the Survival modes are only worth playing if you either want a challenge or are bored of the Normal and Creative modes and want something different. The Exocraft trophy is another piss easy one, just find some Buried Salvage Modules then buy the Roamer Geobay from the Construction terminal on the Space Anomaly then gather the required Materials and build it somewhere at your base :).

The DLC trophies are a complete and utter joke to get now, compared to when they were first introduced and only take a fraction of the time. Pre-NEXT and Pre-Beyond, you were looking at 80-100hrs+ to get all of them but now they only take 4-5hrs max if you know what you're doing and boost the Survival trophies :).

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If you're not playing for the trophies, then the Survival modes are only worth playing if you either want a challenge or are bored of the Normal and Creative modes and want something different. The Exocraft trophy is another piss easy one, just find some Buried Salvage Modules then buy the Roamer Geobay from the Construction terminal on the Space Anomaly then gather the required Materials and build it somewhere at your base :).

The DLC trophies are a complete and utter joke to get now, compared to when they were first introduced and only take a fraction of the time. Pre-NEXT and Pre-Beyond, you were looking at 80-100hrs+ to get all of them but now they only take 4-5hrs max if you know what you're doing and boost the Survival trophies :).

Oh I always go for 100% trophy completion, I just don't ever rush is all. But this is the first game I have on my profile which has anything MP related and straight away its giving me issues lol. 

At the anomaly I went for the shipwreck cove base. Got there, checked the computer and it just said something like this base is already registered to someone. Again nothing popped, MP is activated and I have the greenlight on discoveries. 

I think my main problem with the game is how it causes you to come to a grinding halt on so many occasions for beginners. It seems the DLC stuff now interjects with what I can only assume was part of the original tutorial/early game quests. 

Example: Been plodding along with the base stuff, quests from base computer, and now I am on a mission where I met a guy named Apollo who gets you the construction and scientist. He then wants you to create his shield thing which I did and then tells you to upgrade your tool with nanites at the space station. Did that but now have no room on the tool for what upgrade this nanites just gave me and the tool you can buy at the station has less slots than the tool I have. And here is where I was talking about the DLC interjecting too soon, because I had already been getting tool upgrades and now I'm screwed. I was at one place and they had a tool with 15 slots for around a million units, I think it was at a station when I was trying to unlock the reunion trophy. Would you suggest I get that or am I just waiting units? Have just over 2 mil in units. 

EDIT

Got the reunion trophy. Actually happened by look. When I decided to buy a new gun the planets surrounding the space station had all these purple base icons. Went to the first one and it must have been a new gamer like me because his stuff was all over the floor rather than having an actual base. Moment I touched the base computer the trophy popped. 

Then my problems began again lol. So I started Apollos mission where he wants you to hack a terminal and now that you have a gun you have to shoot through the door. Had to reload because some robot dog types things destroyed me. Tried to take them out first but my gun did no damage to them. Reloaded again and this time managed to shoot through the door with a slither of health left. Went to hack the terminal.... and man was I f**ked off. 

I get that to put all these planets in the game and make them work must take some serious dev skils. Then theres the upgrades and all that s**t, again major skills required from the devs. But to hack a terminal I need minerals?!?!?!?!?!?!  

I quit out after that as it pissed me off too much but I will have to reload again when I go back on and then farm some pure ferrite so that I can hack the terminal. So the exploring, the crafting, the upgrading is RPG is its best, but the actual gameplay for the story sucks monkey balls?

Edited by DaveMcDamage

The best way to destroy reinforced doors is to buy the Plasma Grenade Module for your Multi-Tool, then you will be able to blast your way through in about 5secs :). Compared to what the game was like at launch, the gameplay is far more refined but sometimes lacks logic if you think about certain things too hard. Once you have a few upgrades, a decent amount of Units and Nanites, a decent ship and Multi-Tool, a freighter and some basic supplies stashed away, the gameplay really starts to shine because you won't have to grind to a halt as often to find something, because it's often easier to just buy what you need :). After finishing the story, the universe is your oyster and you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. I've spent the last 2 years experimenting with different base designs but have yet to build my dream base, due to having not found the right world to build it on. The Daily and Weekend missions in the Space Anomaly, provide a nice change of pace and you earn some Quicksilver into the bargain which can then be exchanged for new items from the Quicksilver Companion bot.

HG have a support site where you can not only report technical problems but also give feedback so feel free to send them a few suggestions on how to improve certain aspects of the game :): https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

For additional tips and tricks, please see the following Youtube channels:

Xaine's World: LINK
KhrazeGaming: LINK

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.