Spec Ops: The Line FUBAR Difficulty Help & Tips

BrunoBomb

I'm working on Spec Ops: The Line in FUBAR difficulty and I'm stuck at the beggining of chapter 13

Can someone help me? But don't just say tips for this chapter say for whatever chapter you want to talk about and give your opinion and tips because I want that this thread be full of helpful tricks on how to beat this game on FUBAR difficulty for everyone that his struggling/going to start this game knows what to expect and how to finish that part

For me my tips are a few general one

1. When you can command your squad team to attack for you
  2. Remember they must not die because if 1 dia the game can easily turn that to 3 deads ad reloading chapter
  3. Adams is close ranged combat and throws grenades
  4. Lugo is long ranged enemies with a sniper
  5. Make your shots worth it. A missed bullet can be (and sometimes WILL BE) your last bullet
  6. Guard your grenades for when you think they will help you most.
  7. When you can choose this weapons
  • AA-12 --> Best weapon in the game. Is a shotgun but you you can kill enemies at long range
  • M32 MGL --> Good against those damn heavies
  • M4A1 --> You will always find ammo for this weapon so you don't waste time to pick it up when you have one so when possible try to get this one. Also good when you go stealth
  • SCAR-H --> Good weapon too, and like M32 MGL, is great against heavies because it has a attached grenade launcher and will help you in a lot of thight places
  • P90 --> A good weapon against those Elite enemies, also is dropped by them most of the times. But don't use it at long range combat.

Now if soemone want to help me or any other Spec Ops gamer, just tell here your tips

It might save a controller  :awesome:  And thanks for your colaboration

• Like 1

Just plated this game and I must say it's F difficult, the thing I've observed that when you are near chapter 13 and 14..it's best to not command coz he will end up dead in middle of play and if you run and try to save him..you will be crying on your death, ALWAYS stay under cover or as much behind if it's possible. Don't try to be HERO B)

One thing I've noticed that there  are some certain positions in game which might help you to kill your eneimies i.e go behind jeep or try to find postion in order see your enimies through corner.

Best of luck

Edited by MrGadetgu7

My Tips:

1. Use weapons you are very comfortable with, never go outside that comfort zone unless ABOSLUTELY NECESSARY!
  2. Use Adams for Close Quarters combat, not Lugo. (Lugo sucks close quarters)
  3. Use Lugo for Long Range combat, not Adams. (same as above, just reverse)
  4. Take chapters very slow, no rushing or you'll fall into an enemy respawn point.
  5. If using AIs as bait, flank that enemy.
  6. VERY IMPORTANT!! In later chapters (10-14), use cover to cover...this may very well be what keeps you alive.

I followed these 6 steps and I got through FUBAR.

Hope it helps.

Best Of Luck.

Edited by BSAA_Operative

• 3 months later...

If you´re having serious problem with some part, DON´T USE COVER! Insted  find a tall wall (so they cant hit you over it) and peek out slowly, picking off enemies from one side to the other. If you do it like this, you have a much smaller hitbox so your are harder to hit. Just watch out for the guys running at you with knives and don´t command your squad. It would just result in them being killed and you having to rush after them to save em, leaving your cover and being expossed to all the gunfire.

Platinumed this game while ago, if you use this tactic, it´s really not that hard ;) Good luck :)

• 1 month later...

Don't go into cover I know it sounds stupid but trust me it is works. If you are behind cover and maneuverable you won't be as vulnerable try to use the environment to your advantage stand or crouch behind things that protect you but aviod being stuck in a particular spot. If you're familiar with uncharted you'll know what I mean. The only other advce I can give is be patient, treat each checkpoint as milestone and don't be afraid to retreat. I honestly didn't find this too, hard suicide mission was harder purely because I didn't know what to expect. Remember you have done ths before and should be familiar with each level.

• 5 months later...

"Remember they must not die because if 1 dia the game can easily turn that to 3 deads ad reloading chapter"

what is that supposed to mean? If I die 3 times, the chapter starts from the beginning again?

Nothing like that. I think he tried to say that if either of your teammates gets downed, it easily gets downhill from there resulting your death. So command your teammates wisely as stated by others.

• 5 weeks later...

I hate Lugo and Adams so much. Currently I'm on the chapter 11 and for some reason they just want to keep dying. I'm trying to kill all the bad guys with the turret, but these morons just run around when it's not safe. So much rage at the moment for this game. Hopefully I can finish this someday...

I've platted the game myself. Here's what I did.

1- Take Cover: I always take cover at everything and sent in Adam in the next cover to draw out enemy fire.

2-Use Lugo: This ties in on above, I have Lugo take out the long range targets that Adam is drawing aggro from.

3-Use M4A1: I used the M4A1 the most since it had the most plenty ammo drops and the silencer helps take out targets without hell breaking loose.

4-Grab Heavy weapons: I make it a point to reserve the second weapons slot for the occasional decent weapon drop to use, but mostly use it to hold RPG, Grenade Launchers, AA-12, etc for the heavily armored targets. It helps that your weapons can carry over to some chapters.

5-If in doubt, Grenades: Few points where I was unable to move ahead due to either enemy chokepoints or one of my squadmates dying (Usually Adam, dunno why), I throw one or two grenades. Usually at hostiles hiding behind cover.

6-Try different paths: Often I found that if one route isn't working out well, I try another usually ended up getting past that point quite easily compared to the previous route. One example being the Sniperfest, I don't remember which chapter it was but there was a point where there was like 30 snipers spawning and trying to kill you. I tried going right out in the open, I kept dying. But when I went into the building at the right, I easily took out the snipers from the roof while Adam & Lugo kept them from getting in the building.

7-If all fails, retreat: On some occasion this isn't possible, but when it is, it is highly recommended. It would draw out some of the hostiles from their cover to go after you where you can pick them off at range. 

The best tip I can possibly give is if you are stuck on a part, don't just keep doing over and over and over again in one shot. You are only making yourself more and more stressed. Just take a break and come back to it later. I was stuck on the part in the parking garage...omg those heavies really got to me. Took a break from it and did one my 1st try :D When your brain is all frustrated, you don't play as well as you usually do. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. This game really gets frustrating because of the massive loading times, or at least they feels like forever. It wouldn't be so stressful if you could get immediately back in action, the waiting kills me and fills my rage, lol. It took me under 3 and half hour to beat the game on Suicide Mission -difficulty, and I didn't expected that FUBAR was going to be so much harder. Definetly lot harder than any Uncharted's Crushing -mode, imo.

Thanks for the tips. This game really gets frustrating because of the massive loading times, or at least they feels like forever. It wouldn't be so stressful if you could get immediately back in action, the waiting kills me and fills my rage, lol. It took me under 3 and half hour to beat the game on Suicide Mission -difficulty, and I didn't expected that FUBAR was going to be so much harder. Definetly lot harder than any Uncharted's Crushing -mode, imo.

Oh yeah, the loading times was one of the worst. 

68882116e8136ec1fe988a3a716b5619d342b6a3

I hate Lugo and Adams so much. Currently I'm on the chapter 11 and for some reason they just want to keep dying. I'm trying to kill all the bad guys with the turret, but these morons just run around when it's not safe. So much rage at the moment for this game. Hopefully I can finish this someday...

Is that the parking garage level? I platinumed this a few weeks ago. Lugo and Adams run into fire on FUBAR -- it's so dumb. They weren't that bad on other difficulties. 

The biggest thing for me was besides all of those tips you mentioned yourself, a good philosophy is to be very patient. It is a very tough game on this difficulty and being patient and deliberate absolutely shaved off several hours of frustration for me. Don't be greedy, if you're shooting at someone and you think they are about to die I often found myself trying to get those last couple shots off, and it almost always ended with the restart from checkpoint screen. Don't pop out of cover for more than a second or two at a time. And be extremely cautious when you think you have cleared an area, because a lot of the time there will be one guy hanging out behind something or off in a corner who can kill you within half a second.

xRIDONCULOUSx.png

Is that the parking garage level? I platinumed this a few weeks ago. Lugo and Adams run into fire on FUBAR -- it's so dumb. They weren't that bad on other difficulties. 

No, it's the mall part where Lugo and Adams are on the other side of the building and you need to cover them with turrett.

I did it! The beginning of chapter 14 was definetly the hardest part of the game. Adams just drove me crazy in that part, lol. Rest of the level was pretty easy, I was really worried about the part where there is two turrets, but I died only once before the checkpoint and maybe two times before the Heavy-dude. Went better than expected, I was sure that this battle was going to break me.

• 2 weeks later...

What do people mean when they say to use Adams for short range and Lugo for long range? I get that these are their specialities, but is there actually a way to specify who you want to command? When I command them to kill a distant target, they seem to run out of cover and get killed. It would be great if there was a way to tell Adams to calm the **** down and let Lugo deal with it.

When I played Fubar they were running all over the place. I couldnt control a specific guy and they'd run at a distant enemy. I didnt use them I let them do their own thing. Take out as many guys as you can, hang back if you have good cover. They wont keep moving forward unless you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh that game. I didn't expect it to be that hard, if so I wouldn't even try, but since I spent so much time and already on chapter 11, I just have to. I can't believe anyone saying it's easy, feels like they are trying to pose. The only thing helping me is patience and as much retries as it gets.

• 1 month later...

When you get to the M-99 sniper rifle on top of the yacht in chapter 13 - KEEP IT!  It kills every enemy in 1 hit no matter where you hit them.  It also only takes 2 shots to take down a heavy.  It makes chapter 14 MUCH easier if you take it with you.  Drop it if you need to, but remember to pick it up again before moving to the next section.  

Before that, I recommend always having a Desert Eagle or Magnum as one of your weapons.  They're both powerful and have decent range.

All I remember having tons of trouble on was the last chapter after the two turrets. Just make sure you grab the grenade launcher before moving up to the part with the heavy coming through the door. And when you kill him grab the auto shotty, that thing is a beast. Other than that just don't get frustrated. It will make or break you with FUBAR.