Spec Ops: The Line FUBAR Difficulty Help & Tips

BrunoBomb

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, davestovies said:

Chapter 6 is fucking impossible been stuck on it for about 2 fucking days. No chance in getting this platinum 1f620.png

Is that where you get dropped down the hole and are waiting for your buddies?

Tough part. Get behind the yellow car and use a flash grenade and grab a shotgun asap.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10 April 2017 at 5:34 PM, davestovies said:

Chapter 6 is fucking impossible been stuck on it for about 2 fucking days. No chance in getting this platinum 1f620.png

Misuse of the word impossible considering the fact that it's doable. 

On 27 August 2013 at 6:38 AM, BrunoBomb said:

I'm working on Spec Ops: The Line in FUBAR difficulty and I'm stuck at the beggining of chapter 13

Can someone help me? But don't just say tips for this chapter say for whatever chapter you want to talk about and give your opinion and tips because I want that this thread be full of helpful tricks on how to beat this game on FUBAR difficulty for everyone that his struggling/going to start this game knows what to expect and how to finish that part

For me my tips are a few general one

1. When you can command your squad team to attack for you
  2. Remember they must not die because if 1 dia the game can easily turn that to 3 deads ad reloading chapter
  3. Adams is close ranged combat and throws grenades
  4. Lugo is long ranged enemies with a sniper
  5. Make your shots worth it. A missed bullet can be (and sometimes WILL BE) your last bullet
  6. Guard your grenades for when you think they will help you most.
  7. When you can choose this weapons
  • AA-12 --> Best weapon in the game. Is a shotgun but you you can kill enemies at long range
  • M32 MGL --> Good against those damn heavies
  • M4A1 --> You will always find ammo for this weapon so you don't waste time to pick it up when you have one so when possible try to get this one. Also good when you go stealth
  • SCAR-H --> Good weapon too, and like M32 MGL, is great against heavies because it has a attached grenade launcher and will help you in a lot of thight places
  • P90 --> A good weapon against those Elite enemies, also is dropped by them most of the times. But don't use it at long range combat.

Now if soemone want to help me or any other Spec Ops gamer, just tell here your tips

It might save a controller  :awesome:  And thanks for your colaboration

Use plenty cover and blind fire when health is too low. Use your squad to do some of the work. 

Edited by Brettyboy888

• 1 year later...

I don't understand how so many people say/said FUBAR isn't that difficult. It's called that for a reason.

But in all honesty FUBAR is extremely cheap. Playing on Suicide Mission difficulty will prepare you for most of the spawn locations on FUBAR. Still, that doesn't mean you're going to expect a breeze through. You're likely going to die a hundred times or so before you're going to be done.

FUBAR is tolerable in some places, but those areas such as the beginning of Chapter 6 and the parking lot in Chapter 10 are going to make the difficulty spike through the roof. I was stuck for over a hour on Chapter 6 at the beginning until I decided to consort a YouTube walkthrough by a guy named TheSeraphim17 who just camped behind the car with a shotgun. I managed to beat that section within three attempts, after trying for a hour trying to protect both sides of the wall I was in cover in from enemies flanking me. Didn't get anywhere with that.

Chapter 10 is probably the longest chapter in the game, because there are two parts to it. The parking lot and the vehicle section were frustrating beyond belief. My AI teammates killed me dozens of times after I tried to revive them from being shot at, and with the vehicle section it was simply a matter of knowing exactly where enemies spawn. Which you're not going to know very well anyway unless you've already died 10 - 20 times like I did.

Got Chapters 11 - 14 left, and I hear 13 and 14 are outright brutal. We shall see, because that will be the third day of me playing FUBAR difficulty.

I honestly don't know how people can play this in one sitting. Already had to take a few breaks from how frustrating the difficulty is. Maybe because a lot of people who played this were used to Call of Duty, Battlefield and other popular shooters so Spec Ops: The Line wasn't that hard for them. I typically don't play shooters because they're not really my preferred genre, so maybe that's why I'm struggling with FUBAR.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't understand how so many people say/said FUBAR isn't that difficult. It's called that for a reason.

What I personally did was stay back as much as I can and keep taking pot shots at the enemies from a distance. I obviously had a few long range weapons for that. 

Also I think the story makes up for it in every way, you'll see :)

9 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

What I personally did was stay back as much as I can and keep taking pot shots at the enemies from a distance. I obviously had a few long range weapons for that. 

Also I think the story makes up for it in every way, you'll see :)

Sometimes that will work. Lugo does a good job sniping enemies from afar and Adams is good for grenades and killing enemies close up. But far too often you'll find yourself alone because both are injured, and about 90 - 95 percent of the time when you try to revive them both you are going to get shot, which only takes two to four hits.

Hardest game I've played since Call of Duty Classic in my opinion, which to be fair shares a lot of similarities with it's Veteran difficulty.

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Sometimes that will work. Lugo does a good job sniping enemies from afar and Adams is good for grenades and killing enemies close up. But far too often you'll find yourself alone because both are injured, and about 90 - 95 percent of the time when you try to revive them both you are going to get shot, which only takes two to four hits.

Hardest game I've played since Call of Duty Classic in my opinion, which to be fair shares a lot of similarities with it's Veteran difficulty.

Haha it's kind of evil to say but their real value imo is that they can divert the enemy fire and then you have some room to breathe and take out a few stragglers or you can move forward and flank a few enemies. 

But yea you're almost there man, enjoy. 

On 9/23/2018 at 5:45 AM, PooPooBlast said:

Haha it's kind of evil to say but their real value imo is that they can divert the enemy fire and then you have some room to breathe and take out a few stragglers or you can move forward and flank a few enemies. 

But yea you're almost there man, enjoy. 

Yeah I know. If it wasn’t for your teammates I would give this game a solid 7 out of 10 in difficulty because of FUBAR. 

The beginning of Chapter 6, the shopping mall in Chapter 11, the old broken ship section in Chapter 13, and the entirety of Chapter 14 would be a fucking nightmare if not for your teammates. 

In Chapter 13 and 14 you lose Lugo, so you only have Adams to cover you. But that’s one less person you have to worry about going down and having to revive him.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Yeah I know. If it wasn’t for your teammates I would give this game a solid 7 out of 10 in difficulty because of FUBAR. 

The beginning of Chapter 6, the shopping mall in Chapter 11, the old broken ship section in Chapter 13, and the entirety of Chapter 14 would be a fucking nightmare if not for your teammates. 

In Chapter 13 and 14 you lose Lugo, so you only have Adams to cover you. But that’s one less person you have to worry about going down and having to revive him.

Well either way congrats man on the plat! 

The really difficult section for me which stood out like a sore thumb was the helicopter section (trying to run away from it) and the part where you have to defend a truck. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/4/2017 at 7:36 PM, audiopile said:

Is that where you get dropped down the hole and are waiting for your buddies?

Tough part. Get behind the yellow car and use a flash grenade and grab a shotgun asap.

Yes, this one

Spoiler

I am having huge problems too and I don't know what to say more lol 

8 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Yes, this one

Hide contents

I am having huge problems too and I don't know what to say more lol 

Not sure that is FUBAR difficulty. Anyway, he is in the right spot to defend but I’d grab that shotgun he walks by at 2:48 asap, the UMP isn’t as good. GL!

1 hour ago, audiopile said:

Not sure that is FUBAR difficulty. Anyway, he is in the right spot to defend but I’d grab that shotgun he walks by at 2:48 asap, the UMP isn’t as good. GL!

No of course he's not in FUBAR he's not a trophy hunter lol I just posted that video because it is the part of the game I was talking about