Hoping for a significant day one patch/Buyer Beware

Juxta-Dowgle

Now, before anyone mentions that this is already out on PC and got mediocre reviews and what was I thinking buying it, I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and figured this looked like it would scratch a similar itch, plus I got it pretty cheap using credit I had on a site.

Anyways.... I got this on Friday and man is it is mess. I played the first hour or so this morning, and a lot of features are just straight up broken. Whenever I pick up a diary log, despite it saying there a numerous pages to read I just get a blank screen. The game also mentions combining items, similar to RE, and unless I missed something I couldn't work out how to do this. I also had some weird graphical glitches which didn't affect gameplay but just looked awkward

Hopefully a day one patch for the 28th when it actually officially releases, cleans up some of the issues because there is a tiny but of potential here.

I understand this is from a small studio and I appreciate what they are trying to do. the combat is serviceable and the story seems hokey but in a very Resident Evil way. I think if they just add a bit of polish it could be okay, not amazing, but okay for RE fans.

Hey bud,

It's jus how the game is, could be wrong and they could fix it for WW release, but the Jp version has been the same since release.

It does take a while to get used to due to the unpolishness (that a word?) of it and clunky controls, but once you do, you do appreciate the stuff that works in the game, like the manual magazine loading, it's annoying at first, but once you get used to it, you begin to like it and realise it's little things like this that help it stand on it's own feet as opposed to a full on RE2R clone!

The crafting is the syringes and a small sort of trade shop, you don't access it till in Chapter 2 and even then they are few. NO manual save until partway into Ch2 btw.

I think the diary logs you must view on your little wrist phone or whatever it's called after collection

Edited by Optinooby

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the fence with this game it looks proper survival horror with some cheese but performance wise I’ve read (here and other places) it is pretty woeful. I love survival horror games and this does look like a fun nod to RE. How does the game run now a few weeks down the line? I’ve got it in my Amazon cart but yet to click buy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 4:57 PM, lynx_1985 said:

I am on the fence with this game it looks proper survival horror with some cheese but performance wise I’ve read (here and other places) it is pretty woeful. I love survival horror games and this does look like a fun nod to RE. How does the game run now a few weeks down the line? I’ve got it in my Amazon cart but yet to click buy.

Awful....  lots of game crashing bugs, no fixes...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 5:39 AM, melodicmizery said:

can anyone who played lately double confirm the bugs fixed? its on sale right now for only $16. i forgot all about this game coming out. did it live up to the hype as a re clone?

Plated the game several days ago. Didn’t experience any bugs, except for one. It was during a boss fight where two bosses were suppose to spawn but only one did, had to reload checkpoint 3 times but luckily there’s always a checkpoint before big fights. 

Other than that that the game is fine. No game breaking or soft locking bugs or glitches. Animations and running can be wonky. 

As for being an RE clone. I think if you play on the classic mode and on hardcore you’ll get the classic RE experience. But if you play on modern mode and on hardcore, you’ll get the newer Remake RE experience. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 11:27 PM, BestUsername---- said:

Plated the game several days ago. Didn’t experience any bugs, except for one. It was during a boss fight where two bosses were suppose to spawn but only one did, had to reload checkpoint 3 times but luckily there’s always a checkpoint before big fights. 

Other than that that the game is fine. No game breaking or soft locking bugs or glitches. Animations and running can be wonky. 

As for being an RE clone. I think if you play on the classic mode and on hardcore you’ll get the classic RE experience. But if you play on modern mode and on hardcore, you’ll get the newer Remake RE experience. 

thanks i ended up grabbing it because it was on sale. i got instantly annoyed that they decided to use the gigantic point of view that was used with leon in i think it was part 4. ill have to get use to it but the character takes up half the screen and blocks the view and then they decide to not put him to the far left, but a small gap on the left where he blocks even more point of view. so i turned it off i'll try again when im in a better mood lol