Time to Platinum

BellandDog

• 1 month later...

Well I don't know if they changed it but one of the trophies for collecting lore requires you to log in every day.

You get a mission every 20 hours and completing it will give you a random piece of lore out of 166.

Now I believe you can make more than one character and collect more than one a day but I didn't want to do that and that's why I gave up the platinum. I believe the same applies to the other 2 lore trophies.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 0:13 AM, BestUsername---- said:

Now I believe you can make more than one character and collect more than one a day but I didn't want to do that and that's why I gave up the platinum. I believe the same applies to the other 2 lore trophies.

It's not commonly mentioned, but you can buy these at auction too, significantly reducing your time and making it less reliant on luck (since you can receive duplicates from the one a day).

As a platinum achiever, I couldn't tell you how long it took but it was mainly story driven and enjoyable. No real grinds, and doesn't stand out in my mind of having taken vary long outside of that one trophy. 

10 hours ago, adventcavalier said:

It's not commonly mentioned, but you can buy these at auction too, significantly reducing your time and making it less reliant on luck (since you can receive duplicates from the one a day).

As a platinum achiever, I couldn't tell you how long it took but it was mainly story driven and enjoyable. No real grinds, and doesn't stand out in my mind of having taken vary long outside of that one trophy. 

There's a problem, just to be clear. Most people sell Datachips at a higher price.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:54 AM, BadRep24 said:

There's a problem, just to be clear. Most people sell Datachips at a higher price.

You can also auction your duplicates, if you do that in just one account it will reduce your time by 50%.

300 hours is a ridiculous estimation for this platinum. 

5 minutes ago, adventcavalier said:

You can also auction your duplicates, if you do that in just one account it will reduce your time by 50%.

300 hours is a ridiculous estimation for this platinum. 

By "auction", you mean the exchange?

4 minutes ago, adventcavalier said:

Probably, it's been years since I platinumed this :)

I played very leisurely and I think it took me around 5 months. 

My apologies, bud. So much things have changed in that game, and you're in luck you did it 2-3 years ago. ? But if it's the exchange and you sell those chips in there from your dummies, I simply suggest the mail approach, because you don't want to get the risk of it getting stolen by some random lunatic on the exchange. I think 200 hours is sensible enough, I suppose.

Edited by BadRep24

On 6/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, BadRep24 said:

But if it's the exchange and you sell those chips in there from your dummies, I simply suggest the mail approach, because you don't want to get the risk of it getting stolen by some random lunatic on the exchange.

I wasn't suggesting to use it as a transfer mechanism, but to buy the chips that you are still in need of. Can you not do this anymore? 

Looking back, I think the only reason it took me 5 months was because some of the trophies were glitched and the Platinum was unobtainable at launch. 

On 6/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, BadRep24 said:

My apologies, bud. So much things have changed in that game, and you're in luck you did it 2-3 years ago. 1f609.png

What exactly has changed that that makes this so much more difficult now than 2-3 years ago? 

11 hours ago, adventcavalier said:

I wasn't suggesting to use it as a transfer mechanism, but to buy the chips that you are still in need of. Can you not do this anymore? 

Looking back, I think the only reason it took me 5 months was because some of the trophies were glitched and the Platinum was unobtainable at launch. 

What exactly has changed that that makes this so much more difficult now than 2-3 years ago? 

Some story arcs are removed from the storyline progression and require you to reach Level 65+ to access them, Admiralty has 10,000 XP cap restriction and some story arcs have TFOs (Task Force Operation), which they are PvE queues, which require you to complete for their respective trophies, in addition to regular missions. All of those are mentioned in the guide.

Edited by BadRep24