PS+ May 2020 - Farming Simulator '19 and Cities Skylines

HusKy

These games at first did not interest me in the slightest, but looking at the trophy list for Cities: Skylines, it seems like it would be worth getting 100% for. Especially since it has such an enormous trophy list. I guess I'll pick up Farming Simulator as well. Won't hurt in trying something new.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:56 PM, kdogg_gamer_ said:

They doomed Dead Island 2 for abandoning it and now Dying Light 2 is delayed indefinitely.

False comparison. Dying Light 2 is delayed but nearly complete, while Dead Island 2 has constantly passed through different developers and is currently on hold. Secondly, their abandonment with DI2 is what allowed them to create the magnificent and innovative Dying Light, which ended up surpassing their Dead Island and is considered both one of and the best "zombie" game(s) made, especially this generation.

Dying light is definitely not meh. They're srukl supporting the game to this day, the content is really good. I think they've delayed it indefinitely to release it on next gen consoles rather than this gen tbh

That won't be happening. This game was already confirmed as a cross-gen release. 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

I enjoy sim games and Skylines looks like something I'll have fun with, so I don't mind this month at all in that aspect, but from a trophy-hunting perspective any game where the base game is only like 35% of the trophies is a little rough.

Edited by skyships

I wouldn't pass on trying Skylines, btw. It is very good. The only detraction is you'll need all the DLC and that's a bit of an investment.

Wouldn't pass on the farm sim either. It's not amazingly amazing, but it's simple and enjoyable.

Edited by Jelly Soup
It double posted I guess?

I had no idea city builders had falled out of favor this badly, the reaction to this month feels overly negative to me. Cities is honestly pretty great, even if it has loads of DLC.

Sony: Hahahahahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha, did you guys think you would get actual good games for being paying customers? Dying Light and Dark Souls, its not like those games are 5+ years old at this point. Here, what about a Sim City clone and a fucking Farming Simulator. Give us your money and shut your fucking mouth.

*On a serious note, this lineup is a complete shit in the faces of everyone who's been paying for PS Plus for several years. When it comes to Cities Skylines you dont even get half the game's content because its been locked behind a fucking paywall. There's also no workshop access, like on Steam. So the option of messing around on other people's maps is also completely gone. And well, Farming Simulator is just a joke thats been repeated and regurgitated too many times. I might stop buying PS Plus.

Edit: In case you want to 100% Cities Skylines, better have an additional 111.92 euro laying around just to buy for the forced DLC.

Edited by LLegend_Fox
Additional Info

I don't mind this line-up too much, but offering just the base game of Cities Skylines "free" is really more like shooting fish in a barrel.

That's because there's so much DLC and DLC bundles for the game. If you want to get just all the expansions for all the trophies, you'd have to spend a whole 111,60€ for it all!

But there's also 3 Season Passes (one of them is called the Upgrade Bundle) which cost 39,95€ each. You'd think it'd save money, but it doesn't.

Then there's the Ultimate Content Bundle which costs 99,95€! You could maybe get all these at max. 50% off some time, meaning you'd have to pay at least ~50€!

And then there's the Premium Edition 2 and Mayor's Edition bundles that have the game and a Season Pass or 2 in them.

The Mayor's Edition is especially noteworthy, as that has been more than 50% off and contains 6 of the 8 expansions in it.

The lowest price so far has been 29,97€. Combine that with the 2 expansions that aren't included when they're half off, and...

You get the price of 43,91€ or at least about 6€ less than buying the Ultimate Content Bundle at half off.

The thing is, you can't make use of this if you already have the base game, which is what they're offering.

Obviously, this may not ring as true later on as the Ultimate bundle and the last expansion haven't been on sale yet, but considering the facts right now... well, y'know.

Oh yeah, and some trophies from those DLCs could pop without them, as these are contained with certain updates instead. There's also a trophy which is entirely RNG-based.

As such, I wouldn't even bother redeeming the base game for "free" if you care about trophies and the trophies earned %.

TL;DR: If you value your money, you don't redeem Cities Skylines for "free".

Sorry for the long post.

19 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

I don't see why everybody is complaining, sony is helping is. No one will play those games so we will all go out and find a job to help the economy!!!

This ironic thing is you're on a site that will flock to the with an easy plat/100% like they've done every month. The only hesitation will come from people that don't want play the game that has DLC trophies. 

Berlin? Isn't Farming Simulator one of the top games there? 

I guess you just want to practice your internet meme'ing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

This ironic thing is you're on a site that will flock to the with an easy plat/100% like they've done every month. The only hesitation will come from people that don't want play the game that has DLC trophies. 

Berlin? Isn't Farming Simulator one of the top games there? 

I guess you just want to practice your internet meme'ing. 

It is actually, I know people who freaked out when this got announced :D

Yeah, I wanna practice that, have fun as well :D 

On 02/05/2020 at 6:54 AM, Happy said:

I had no idea city builders had falled out of favor this badly, the reaction to this month feels overly negative to me. Cities is honestly pretty great, even if it has loads of DLC.

I think the issue is that it’s two very similar games that are honestly a niche appeal. 

Maybe they were thinking these would quell boredom as they’re time sink games which would help in quarantine but no.