PS+ May 2020 - Farming Simulator '19 and Cities Skylines

HusKy

I'll buck the trend here and say im very excited.

Cities skylines is fun, played it on pc a while ago when it came out. Never could get a big city cause trash would always pile up.

Farming sim is co-op so im excited to dick around it in

20 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Lol what a downgrade! Imagine saying "I'm glad Dark Souls and Dying Light aren't being given away for free, I'd much rather play Farming Simulator and a game with 8 DLCs." You guys have played too many visual novels just for the platinum. ?

It's good to know that your taste defines what everyone else should enjoy.

I rather play Farming Simulator anyday over Dark Souls or Dying Light.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Conker said:

Should add CITIES: SKYLINES is also on sale atm in the under $20 sale, so why it on PS+ for May?

@NERVergoproxy

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I'm actually excited for both of these games. Great month for me!

I'm not really surprised at your response. If it's not your belief that "Sony have been doing a great job pulling in players for the PS5 by giving users these exclusives/other quality games" (which has always disregarded their age from release, frequent placement in sales, generally cheap default prices prior to IGC distribution, explicit popularity within the gaming industry/copies sold, and more), nor "I have friends or know people that'd be more than happy to have these", then I guess the next obvious thing is the games appealing to you personally. I'd be pleasantly surprised to ever see you critique or find fault in the offerings of these lineups. It just seems provocative when I see a pattern from people who consistently refuse to show or share criticism (or praise) towards something in situations like this.

Edited by EcoShifter

40 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

I can't be happy when I get a turd, in this case double turd.

You clearly aren't a farmer.  Good money in fertilizer. 

12 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Expecting a Dark Souls / Dying Light combo, and eventually getting THIS... Is there any word beyond “disappointed” in English?

One should really be carefull with the internet and rumors. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Expecting a Dark Souls / Dying Light combo, and eventually getting THIS... Is there any word beyond “disappointed” in English?

Devastated? I don't know if it matters much to me either way, though. Wasn't too interested in either line-up, and would have just kept playing my backlog.

12 minutes ago, Ziune said:

I'd say the annoying part is that both of these games are available through PS Now

Yea and I don't know but I'm pretty sure a lot of people got the PSNow deal that was going on till today so it like oi have ways to play them  

• Like 1

My PS+ subscription ran out last month and I feel no need to renew when I see lineups like this. There was a time when I just had my subscription set to auto-renew, but the value of the service has drastically reduced since then. I can do without playing online multiplayer games for a while.

25 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

I'm not really surprised at your response. If it's not your belief that "Sony have been doing a great job pulling in players for the PS5 by giving users these exclusives/other quality games" (which has always disregarded their age from release, frequent placement in sales, generally cheap default prices prior to IGC distribution, explicit popularity within the gaming industry/copies sold, and more), nor "I have friends or know people that'd be more than happy to have these", then I guess the next obvious thing is the games appealing to you personally. I'd be pleasantly surprised to ever see you critique or find fault in the offerings of these lineups. It just seems provocative when I see a pattern from people who consistently refuse to show or share criticism (or praise) towards something in situations like this.

You can see it as provocative if you want, but that's you choosing to do so.

• Like 1

I wonder who saw this coming. It's definitely something different, that's for sure. Don't really care for Farming Sim, even though it's supposed to be really chill of an experience. Cities Skylines is a tad more appealing, but isn't it supposed to run like utter arse on consoles?

I do enjoy how people are calling this a "downgrade." It's not like Sony ever had any intention of giving away Dying Light and Dark Souls, lmao. That was literally just something some dude on the internet made up. Personally, I'm totally down for these two games, though I am surprised about the whole PSNow thing being true. I never got PSNow though, so hey. Win for me.

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

You don’t need PS+ for every multiplayer game. €60 a year to just play online, thats overpriced. But you do get +/- 24 free games a year, not to mention, you save a shit ton of money if you look up the +/- 24 games a year, count up the prices. I do dislike the fact you need PS+ to play some online games, for example you don’t need it to play Fortnite.

Imagine Playstation would make a new service like PS+ to just play online: PS Online but without the monthly games. What would a good price be for a year? Would people still complain about the service cause there would be no monthly games? (I bet so cause all people do is complain) Would PS+ drop in price cause PS Online is a separate service now? Would it be fair to drop the price of PS+ without multiplayer when we get 2-3 games each month?

Just be happy with what you get.

Ps plus users don't understand that most players don't want 200 games in a backlog which aren't even gonna play. Multiplayer must be free like it was on ps3, if you enjoy ps plus good for you, but don't ruin multiplayer experience for the rest of us.

It just blows my mind how people deffend an anty-consumer practice like it is ps plus being a must for multiplayer. It was cool on ps3, if you want it enjoy it, if you don't, cool, you have free multiplayer

1 hour ago, NieSwiety said:

Dude, you are lying. You have multiplayer trophies all over your profile from many, many months, and years. 

And yes. Ps plus is fair for me. In promotion, and every few months there is a promotion, YEAR of plus costs less than even pizza delivery boy earns in ONE DAY in Poland. You are probably from Spain, so it's probably even easier get.

One year is minimum 24 games, many of them I would never bought, but had fun. It's a good addition even for games meant to play single-player like nioh / bloodborne / dark souls. 

But hey! Since you lied, I guess you are like 12 or something, so yes. In your case I would invest in books 

I'm not lying it is true. I paid ONE month ps plus subscription because I wanted COD:MW Remastered. But after that I've been doing the 14 free days ps plus exploit with a lot of Canada accounts which don't recquire a payment method (since october 2019 I believe) 

That's how I got TLOU Remmastered later. I even made a thread so people  could do the same, but mods deleted it lol

And it is cool that ps plus is fair to you, I respect that. All I'm saying is that it is an anti consumer policy making multiplayer pay to play and people don't seem to understand it. And Im 26, how am I 12 years old if that is the age of my psn account, I've been playing since I was 1 year old!!!??? Maybe you should invest in books!!!! Anyway, enjoy Farming Simulator

Edited by replete_disguise
  • Like 1

Now, I'm usually the one defending the Plus service but I'm getting sick of getting games with tons of DLCs where it is usually cheaper to buy the GOTY/full edition than get free base game and buy DLCs/season pass separately. Sniper Elite, Mafia, XCOM, etc.

I don't expect to get every month games I love or end up playing but at least offer the damn DLCs/season pass for a reasonable price.