PS+ May 2020 - Farming Simulator '19 and Cities Skylines

HusKy

So the rumors weren’t true. 

I guess everything happens for a reason. Wasn’t going to resub to PS+ but then I got a good deal on it I couldn’t pass up. And now it turns out the actual PS+ games are a good pick (for me).

I love the farming sim games and I don’t have ‘19 yet and I always wanted to play Cities: Skylines. I know the latter has a bunch of expensive dlc but I don’t care about that.

Awesome month!

So I lose my plus in November because I didn't have the money to renew it. In my opinion we had some great months that I missed and I was pretty bummed out about it. I just get it back (I already owned uncharted 4 so i don't need it and hate racing games) and this is what comes out. So disappointed but it is what it is. I guess i should be positive about it and say at least i don't get a gamed tacked on to my backlog.

2 hours ago, Juzota said:

It's good to know that your taste defines what everyone else should enjoy.

I rather play Farming Simulator anyday over Dark Souls or Dying Light.

Have you played dying light? One of the most underrated games this gen.... Cities and farming simulator really suck. 

3 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Have you played dying light? One of the most underrated games this gen.... Cities and farming simulator really suck. 

They are both great games for what they are. Both feature vast mechanics and are fun to play. Giving two simulators in the same month isn't the smartest choice but imo is better than giving top tier AAA games that most gamers already owned or have played.

On 4/27/2020 at 6:48 AM, replete_disguise said:

It keeps surprising me how people pay money so they get to rent random games which they don't even want

people buy it on sale for 39.00 a year most of the time and it's required to play almost all games online.  Not to mention I have gotten some really great games from it in the past and future.  Without a doubt worth the price of a game each year.  Probably one of the top ten in my list for  not thought out statements.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

people buy it on sale for 39.00 a year most of the time and it's required to play almost all games online.  Not to mention I have gotten some really great games from it in the past and future.  Without a doubt worth the price of a game each year.  Probably one of the top ten in my list for  not thought out statements.

Good for you, now go play farming simulator! Lol

How in the world did they think releasing two sim games together would be a good idea? Separately, with a decent AAA title, that would be ok, but together?! Come on now...

I wonder if one of these will eventually get swapped out like PES did?

I already have Farming Simulator (quick platinum, btw, and not an unpleasant game all on it's own), but Cities is new for me. Well, I say new, but I have it on Steam. Trophies are a bit of a time sink, but nothing terrible. What I don't like is it's yet another free game that has piles of DLC with trophies, so the freebie aspect gets downplayed pretty hard.

14 minutes ago, WHATaHOOT_ said:

This is surprising.... I understand when they give away games that some people already have. (They cant please everyone) But I have never seen them give away two games that are literally already free on PS Now

PS now isn't  available in my country and you you don't own your games. And cities skylines is one of my favourite games this generation way better than any call of duty.

3 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

I hope Sony takes an L next generation, so they start caring a little bit more about their customers again.

Cities skylines is a great game.

I'm not too bummed or excited either way.  Neither of the 4 games mentioned (2 in the leak, 2 for real) were ones I was freaking out about.  None of them are particularly bad, either.  I'm not super excited, nor am I disappointed.  I was very much a critic of Sony for a long time when they were still offering 6 games but they were all crap every month.  I don't think they needed to remove PS3 and Vita games to finally offer good stuff, but at least a lot of what they've given since reducing it to just 2 PS4 games has actually been pretty good.  I'm very happy with many of the newer Plus titles.

But with that said, and regardless of your feelings about the individual games quality, I have to agree with others who say they're tired of getting base games on Plus that have tons of overpriced DLC, meaning to play the whole game costs MORE with plus to buy the overpriced DLC through the PS store than just picking up a GOTY or ultimate edition on sale at a retailer at a cheaper price.  It's certainly not a deal breaker, a lot of games just don't need DLC, but also a lot of games I've picked up in the last couple years have had a TON of DLC that equated to a significant amount of gameplay and all totaled costs more than the base game itself once I pick that up on sale.  And since the DLC basically never goes on sale, I'm starting to resort to my old routine with PS3 where I just waited 2+ years for a complete edition to get released or not buy the game at all.  Of course with Plus, that's not an option, you get what you get.  I think Sony are doing this on purpose to squeeze out more DLC sales, but I won't be paying and that practice in general bothers me.  So even if the games are great, I still can't help but feel a little annoyed at the current business practices.  But at least the quality of games has improved overall.  That's something.  Baby steps, I guess.

8 hours ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Dying Light is meh, but it looks like Techland is cursed. They doomed Dead Island 2 for abandoning it and now Dying Light 2 is delayed indefinitely.

Edited by kdogg_gamer_

So they decide to throw in two smaller titles, one of which is regarded as a very good "SimCity" esque game, the other of which is part of a long series involving farms and building.

You guys already got 50 - 100+ games on your backlog and yet you're griping for more. That's not to mention the sheer library you get from the PS Now subscription.

People are so goddamn entitled. These two games are a nice change of pace. People have been force fed bigger AAA titles these past six months or so.

The only complaint I can agree with is the DLC that comes with a number of these games. Particularly Skylines, and I recall Dirt Rally 2.0's DLC not being that cheap either. Being grateful and humble, two things that were lost a long time ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Dying Light is meh, but it looks like Techland is cursed. They doomed Dead Island 2 for abandoning it and now Dying Light 2 is delayed indefinitely.

Dying light is definitely not meh. They're srukl supporting the game to this day, the content is really good. I think they've delayed it indefinitely to release it on next gen consoles rather than this gen tbh. 

14 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Rip to anybody that got their hopes up expecting Dark Souls Remastered and Dying Light LOL.

Craptacular month, but I could care less. I still gotta finish FF7R and P5R.

Do you mean you couldn't care less lol