WWE 2K19 servers to remain ONLINE for the time being : see link

WorldsBestSpy

https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k-battlegrounds-to-lead-the-charge-into-the-future-of-2k-s-wwe-game-experiences/

To summarise:

• WWE 2K21 has been officially cancelled to give Visual Concepts more time to work on WWE 2K22.

• WWE 2K Battlegrounds is coming in Fall 2020. It's a new game, not much known, but a short teaser can be found here.

• 2K have recruited Patrick Gilmore to oversee the development of WWE 2K going forward. (Especially 2K22)

But the biggest piece of news:

"Next, we want to address WWE 2K20. We’ve heard and appreciate your feedback, and continue to listen to you closely. Since launch, we’ve released five title updates, addressing hundreds of reported concerns, and have released four WWE 2K20 Originals DLC expansions to build on and improve the experience. We’ve also heard your requests to keep the WWE 2K19 servers running; they will remain active for the time being."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Yeah, all around these are all great moves. WWE 2K19 is still considered to be the best of the current series of games so for it to stay alive for a while longer is exciting to me, not to mention for us trophy hunters looking to finish off those online trophies. 

Now that it’s staying open, is 2k19 any good? 

I'm glad the servers are staying open for the moment, have recently started playing the game myself & was considering giving the 3 online trophies a try but wasn't sure if I'd be able to get the 3 by the end of the month when the servers were going to close

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Power_Granger said:

Defract, a respectable CAW creator posted it on twitter not too long ago. Not sure where he found out this information but I believe him.

He said in the same thread that it was from an in-game server message. I don't have the game installed so I can't confirm (bloody download corrupted at 99%). Cheers for that.

BTW: his CAW's are bloody impressive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is why I basically don't bother with sports games anymore. The fact they want you to pay full price for games that aren't really an upgrade then drop support within a year is ridiculous. I know the server shutdown for this game was extended beyond its original date but he fact their opting to skip an entire year to make their next game think they could at least give players more then 5 days notice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...