The Swamps of Corsus update, new trophies

Hartgroove

The Swamps of Corsus update is coming to PC on  April 28, and new trophies already appeared there.

eb6c29b1461d6d52a3130568ca6c78fc55f4369a.jpg

Fall of the Iskal 

(Must be story related.)

7e95d1f5f98f85ab16d6eb7eb453251d1bb6b4a2.jpg

Survivor

Defeat 5 Bosses in a row in Survival Mode

f298473692d3e9e8be0289c55b17fbb3e24c9f61.jpg

Dominator

Defeat 10 Bosses in a row in Survival Mode

8ec547ee1b2fa3ca5bdc448621d16d4a7bbdd213.jpg

Fashion!

Purchase 15 Armor Skins

e0210ce6fcba3bf573e2bfe641406fda3361e5a1.jpg

Fashion is Danger

Purchase 40 Armor Skins

40 armor skins is a grind, as i understood you buy it with special shards dropping in survival.

Defeating 10 bosses in a row maybe problematic.

But who knows, many games add achievements to steam version and avoid adding them to consoles, as i understand there is limitation. Will see.

Edited by Hartgroove
  • Like 2

Full patch notes from the PC version here: https://www.remnantgame.com/en/news-article/11417463

For reference, one of the devs said on stream that they managed to beat up to 13 bosses on Survival before biting the dust, so it'll definitely be the hardest trophy in the game. 

The currency for skins, called "Glowing Fragments", also drop from bosses on the campaign on Hard, Nightmare and

the new Apocalypse difficulty, but I'd guess it's still faster to get them through Survival, since they'll drop on Normal as well.

Also here is a reddit thread with some details and dev comments. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/remnantgame/comments/g93kn7/swamps_of_corsus_update_notes/

Here is one regarding consoles.

>I can see its coming to PC but is there an eta for console?I can see its coming to PC but is there an eta for console?

>Real soon. Just working on getting it through the certification process which is a bit delayed due to world events.

On 2.5.2020 at 5:08 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i effing love this game. please give us trophies!!

The trophies for this DLC are actually quite bad (and most likely extremely tough on console). I really hope they don't add new trophies. I will actually buy the DLC if they don't add any trophies on PS4.

i've got no choice but to push on with it till it's done or lose my completion, but I doubt it will be that bad. I still remember most of it, literally there was only one or two bosses that gave me trouble. and i eventually figured out how to do them pretty straigfht forward, also survival mode can be done on lowest difficulty, normal so it's not too bad, and even though you start with nothing, any playing you do deaths you receive you will still keep any traits you've levelled, and the currency you use to buy guns. so literally all you need is the rifle and the smg or 357 and the assault rifle, and you're away happy days. I watched delrith do the angry joe angry impressions on the dlc, and he found heavy armor straight away due to rng, i doubt it will be that bad, and will likely be very fun.

Edit: you don't keep traits, just glowing fragments which you can use to craft, it's gunna be a fair amount of practice and trial & error i guess

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

Im really curious how hard this is going to be. I put my plans to start this game on hold when they announced this DLC. I prefer to complete games on 100% right away and not having to return to them 6 months later.

Im really not a fan of the recent trend of many games to make the plats rather easy and put all the challenging trophies in the DLCs. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem with a challenge per se, but it would be nice to get an ultra rare plat as reward instead of just some DLC trophies.

Anyway, I hope if you buy the DLC you can use it for both trophy stacks (digital and physical). 

Im hoping that the new content adds perks and gear sets that count towards the trophies in the base game. I am missing one perk and need one more gear set. I can never seem to get spawned what I need to be able to finish. There is a bandit event boss I can get a perk from and a event that has a crane? that I can get the twisted set from. No matter how many adventures I've done I cant seem to get either of them. Its all I am missing for the plat

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, my game just updated.. the new trophies correspond to the steam achievements listed in the OP! ? 

Given that there are rewards for beating up to 100 bosses in a row, I think that getting 10 ain't asking too much ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Given that there are rewards for beating up to 100 bosses in a row, I think that getting 10 ain't asking too much 1f602.png

The 100 kills are cumulative, luckily. I don't think you can go that high on Survival anyways lol.

Also, it was patched on PC to requiere less bosses: https://www.remnantgame.com/en/news-article/11428503

25 for the Loop of Prosperity and 50 for the Talisman of Perseverance. Both are also account bound so you get them for all your characters, even Hardcore.

No idea if this hotfix is also on the current console patch tho.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Alright, my game just updated.. the new trophies correspond to the steam achievements listed in the OP! 1f642.png 

Given that there are rewards for beating up to 100 bosses in a row, I think that getting 10 ain't asking too much 1f602.png

the best player in the world got to 16th boss, by 14 or 15th bosses the weakest enemies just straight up 1 shot you

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

2 minutes ago, xDevilizer said:

Is it going to be a free update? If not, that explains why the game is on sale right now.

There is an update that adds a lot of stuff to the game and is free. But The Swamps of Corsus, i.e. the survival mode, is paid DLC. It costs 12 CHF ~ 12 USD in Switzerland. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

it's awesome.. but it is hard many bosses have had their damage lowered/normalised, but some have new attacks and are way more unpredictable. ai have had tweaks they run off lay in wait and ambush you, sneak up on you when you start firing, the are right bastards now. and bosses delay their attacks more often on higher levels. most mini bosses give you health flasks/dragon hearts.

bosses have modifiers one is more damage, another is regeneration and hearty is more health, not sure on names. Killing bosses increases the amount of scrap u start with next time by 125 per boss. coop doesn't scale boss health or damage into 1 shot levels, it kinda depends on the modifier but HP can still be high, esp with hearty mod.

if you've just earnt the platinum you're going to be well prepared for this shit, but if like me you got it months ago, expect to practice every boss to a point where you are comfortable dealing with them, and the 4 new bosses f*ck me. can't even describe...

practice adventure mode allot. good luck.

• Like 1

Anyone wanna team up? First we'll do the story and then survival. 

Edit: OK, gave survival a go and we made it to the fifth boss (new spike wall guy).  Mofo wiped us within 10 seconds and we were 3-4 lvls above.  Moral of the story? Pray you don't get any of the new bosses, they are all broken. 

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 4

I can see this taking 80-100 hours and being 8-9/10 difficulty, just this DLC alone. Survival mode is tough. Purchasing 40 armors will be the grind portion. They are all 10-25 shards a piece, and they mostly only drop from bosses (I haven't seen one drop from a regular brute yet). So that's at least 400 boss fights in survival or nightmare story modes, probably way more if you die a lot or don't get lucky enough to find good gear. I've made it to the fourth boss once and the third boss a few times too... it just seems like every time I do, one of the new bosses pops up that I'm not used to. That spike-fingered boss with the projectiles flying from the wall, attacking you in multiple directions, seems impossible in survival mode. Me and my teammates even out-leveled him by 4 levels, and he still one-hit killed all of us with the shooting spikes from the wall.  So I had the same experience as you, Fr_0zt. 

Edited by WileECoyoteXP
  • Like 2