Are you going to 100% the Play Log?

It is not required for platinum, but I’m definitely considering doing so, including the Ch. 14 scenes. 

Not sure if anyone did, and probably, it will grant nothing, but hell, I want to complete it. And who knows, maybe on the second installment there is something for it.

• Like 1

I was going to but I finished with like 60/114 enemies assessed, and I can't be asked to replay and assess every enemy I am missing. The rest almost comes normally if you go for the platinum so I have most of it cleared, but I don't think I'm going to complete it anytime soon, maybe in the future if I want to replay the game.

1 hour ago, KN_Kirai said:

I was going to but I finished with like 60/114 enemies assessed, and I can't be asked to replay and assess every enemy I am missing. The rest almost comes normally if you go for the platinum so I have most of it cleared, but I don't think I'm going to complete it anytime soon, maybe in the future if I want to replay the game.

That’s a shame, missing almost half of the monsters would be indeed a hassle.

I honestly have been using asses since the beginning, just because I felt like it, so I’m only missing 3 or so. 

17 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

That’s a shame, missing almost half of the monsters would be indeed a hassle.

I honestly have been using asses since the beginning, just because I felt like it, so I’m only missing 3 or so. 

I assessed every monster i could assess after obtaining the Materia and i'm currently missing

Spoiler

Guard Scorpion, the two superbosses, and Ifrit (apparently summoned by Bahamut in a special VR fight)

And that's only in the first playthrough!

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I assessed every monster i could assess after obtaining the Materia and i'm currently missing

Hide contents

Guard Scorpion, the two superbosses, and Ifrit (apparently summoned by Bahamut in a special VR fight)

And that's only in the first playthrough!

Yeah, you can only pretty much miss the Scorpion, and you have to play on hard anyway.

Thanks for reminding about Ifrit, I don’t think I would have asses’d him otherwise lol, sometimes I forget things like getting the skill from Malboro.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:11 AM, KN_Kirai said:

Yeah, I'm going to try to finish off hard mode and get the platinum, but I'm not going to 100% the game. I love this game and the series, but I'm not going to turn it into an "Assess Grind". Everyone's different. For me, that would kill the game. The thought of it makes me irritated.

#KnowThySelf #FF7FTW

If anyone is interested in doing this for the enemies assessed, all you have to do is hit the touchpad to bring up the assess interface. Do it once per fight and you can easily find out more that you have yet to assess. Also if you have the assess materia maxed, it will scan all enemies in a given fight.

18 hours ago, Johnnyhollow said:

If anyone is interested in doing this for the enemies assessed, all you have to do is hit the touchpad to bring up the assess interface. Do it once per fight and you can easily find out more that you have yet to assess. Also if you have the assess materia maxed, it will scan all enemies in a given fight.

Not a bad way if you have a lot of enemies to assess. First Strike + Assess will clear these requirements almost instantly.

But, if you assessed most enemies in your first playthrough, just go into Enemy Intel and check which ones are not yet assessed. It tells you where to find them. For example, outside the optional bosses/VR fights, I know anything Pre-Ch 3 due to not having assess was needed but I also missed a few enemies in the underplate section and post collapse and only need to add it after a certain point.

Already got the platinum and stopped assessing once Chadley stopped asking for it because sensing weaknesses seemed pretty pointless when it was flying = wind, monster = ice, human = fire, & mech = lightning.

Also I'm not going to play chapters 3, 8, & 9 again after having done 3 & 8 three times for the platinum and doing the 9th chapter 4 times (3x dresses for cloud + final manuscripts for cloud) just to trigger the 3rd scenario in chapter 14.

And yes I didn't actually finish the 9th chapter more than twice (1x normal and 1x hard) but I still had to play through the stupid arm section and kill hell house 4 times total and that was just annoying AF.

7 minutes ago, honeybone said:

Already got the platinum and stopped assessing once Chadley stopped asking for it because sensing weaknesses seemed pretty pointless when it was flying = wind, monster = ice, human = fire, & mech = lightning.

Also I'm not going to play chapters 3, 8, & 9 again after having done 3 & 8 three times for the platinum and doing the 9th chapter 4 times (3x dresses for cloud + final manuscripts for cloud) just to trigger the 3rd scenario in chapter 14.

And yes I didn't actually finish the 9th chapter more than twice (1x normal and 1x hard) but I still had to play through the stupid arm section and kill hell house 4 times total and that was just annoying AF.

Yeah I feel you, I would have to replay Chapter 9 one more time to get the last manuscript for Cloud, but I had enough of fighting Hell House once on hard, so no thanks. As I said before, I might do it in the future if I feel like playing it again.

5 minutes ago, KN_Kirai said:

Yeah I feel you, I would have to replay Chapter 9 one more time to get the last manuscript for Cloud, but I had enough of fighting Hell House once on hard, so no thanks. As I said before, I might do it in the future if I feel like playing it again.

Yeah I decided to do the 2nd Hell House fight on hard because having every other character with all their manuscripts was going to annoy me with having Cloud being the only one who didn't.  Fortunately Hell House is pretty easy with your endgame setup if you drop bioga on him twice and let Aerith drop some -aga spells from within the Arcane Ward.  You really don't need to conserve MP either because with Fire + Elemental in Coud's armor the fight against the bombs is just plain dumb.  It's just more annoying that you have to do it than anything else.

• Like 1

Using Asses is actually more useful than knowing weaknesses, no wonder why so many people has a really hard time with some bosses, and end up doing some crazy shit combos like summoning at clutch points or something, when everything is as easy as playing correctly. 

I already 100% it, it was exhausting indeed, specially because the freaking ch 9 is really tedious, having done it 4 times now, actually the only positive side is fighting the bosses again on Hard, they are mostly fun in my opinion, except ch 18.

I was going to until I realized I'd have to play Chapter 9 again for my last manuscript. It's not that any of the fights in the game are challenging, I just don't have the patience to go through Chapter 9 again. I screwed up a couple of things and ended up going through it 5 times already. I really don't want to do a 6th. Maybe I'll come back and do it at some point far in the future, but for now I've had enough of the dancing and dresses and weird houses that want to eat me. 

Edited by Sword

I'm on my way to complete it within the Hard Mode playthrough. I definitely want it + I'm curious about the night scenes from chapter 14.

This is how it looked after finishing the game, and for no reason (well, I mean completion, of course) I assessed nearly all the enemies I could.

I'm just keepin an ? on those I couldn't, like the Scorpion Guard for example.

Spoiler

EWnbxubUYAIDnQ7.jpg

Also, congrats @ShadowReplicant for the :platinum:, I'm also planning to earn my 100th milestone with this game. :)

• Like 1

When I got my platinum I checked the logs and I was only missing 3 enemies to be scanned and the bromance with Barret. Don't feel the need to get all of them. Infact I am surprised my assess total was that high in the first place.