New DLC incoming?

TripleKing333

Just noticed that there’s new trophies added to the game on psn for a pack called ‘Razmi’s Challenges’

They seem to be a mix of combat and platforming challenge trophies and trophies for getting S Ranks on all of them.

I always get horrible flashbacks to the Trails of Dunwall from Dishonored when something like this gets added after release...

Edited by TripleKing333
  • Like 2

They were uploaded about 2 weeks ago or so, but information about it has been scarce aside from a few posts on its Reddit forum inquiring about it. I wonder if it will be included in a content update or if it'll be paid DLC since the updates recently make no reference to it when I checked. 

I just certainly hope the requirements won't be absurd to fulfill. The trend of having an accessible base trophy list before proceeding to include a DLC one that is much more challenging than the base one baffles me somewhat. Not that I'm opposed to a challenge, but I like to have consistency in regards to the difficulty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VoxAnimi said:

They were uploaded about 2 weeks ago or so, but information about it has been scarce aside from a few posts on its Reddit forum inquiring about it. I wonder if it will be included in a content update or if it'll be paid DLC since the updates recently make no reference to it when I checked. 

I just certainly hope the requirements won't be absurd to fulfill. The trend of having an accessible base trophy list before proceeding to include a DLC one that is much more challenging than the base one baffles me somewhat. Not that I'm opposed to a challenge, but I like to have consistency in regards to the difficulty. 

I don’t mind a challenge either but I’d rather not have to come back months later, long after I’ve forgotten how to play the game and complete advanced challenges.  Hopefully they will release more info soon.

20 hours ago, VoxAnimi said:

i read backers on kickstarter and people who preordered will get it for free , i preordered in denmark but have got no codes for it yet sadly 

On 4/28/2020 at 5:34 AM, TripleKing333 said:

Just noticed that there’s new trophies added to the game on psn for a pack called ‘Razmi’s Challenges’

They seem to be a mix of combat and platforming challenge trophies and trophies for getting S Ranks on all of them.

I always get horrible flashbacks to the Trails of Dunwall from Dishonored when something like this gets added after release...

The Dishonored DLC was the first thing I thought of too. That was the DLC that made me realize, maybe I don't need to 100% everything. Maybe the platinum is good enough lol

• Like 1

So the new dlc is out, tried it a bit and my first impressions is that its really tough.

I played 6 challenges so far and well you need a perfect run to get the highest score. There is no room for a small mistake on the platforming. 

The highest rank seems to be platinum (for the S ranks). I first thought it was gold since I got those after practicing a lot and doing a "perfect run" but I got a platinum al of a sudden after getting even 0.1 seconds off one.

This will be a tough one to 100% guys!

The battle challenges seem especially tough. Just beating many of them requires consistent perfect blocks and evades throughout, but getting the best rank looks like it needs a fairly good understanding of the game's combat system.

In the normal game I never really worried about maximising damage output, because the enemies could never damage me faster than I could heal

10 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

The battle challenges seem especially tough. Just beating many of them requires consistent perfect blocks and evades throughout, but getting the best rank looks like it needs a fairly good understanding of the game's combat system.

In the normal game I never really worried about maximising damage output, because the enemies could never damage me faster than I could heal

Damn, that's what I was worried about I'm not a fan of these kinds of challenge DLC. I'm okay with difficult stuff, within reason, but I hate having to chase a "perfect run." I'll just be satisfied with the platinum and pass on this.

35 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Definitely! I tried a few of those and was getting steamrolled. I think just completing the DLC will be hard but somewhat possible after a lot of trial and error but to get platinum (S-rank) on everything is kinda insane. You need to have this game completely mastered in both platforming and combat and well I don't see myself getting that good ?

In terms of "funfactor", the DLC is pretty disappointing. They only added a few extra dialogue lines (non-voiced) and they repeat fairly quickly.