Dive In question

Tiffanniebaby

I’m working on the dive in trophy and it’s sooo frustrating how buggy it is. Between declines, time outs, and game errors I’m having a hard time. There have been multiple times when the dive in timer won’t even disappear from my screen it’s so buggy. 

Anyway, my question is: if I dive in and end up in someone’s pod, and then they play a level, does it count?

Edited by Tiffanniebaby
Typo

I'm working towards the trophy as well at the moment and also do have all the bugs you describe. 

From what I can tell is that the host has to start any level after you entered their pod, otherwise it does not count. I don't know if it counts when leaving directly after the host started the level because it happens so rarely that the host starts anything at all (IF you manage to connect to one in the first place) that I don't dare to leave, so I just finish the level to make sure it counts. 

I don't know what it was like a few years ago when the servers were more crowded, I Imagine this was a lot easier because of the casual gamers playing the story. Nowadays however people just won't let you enter the pod and if they do they are mostly just standing around changing costumes, decorating their pod, doing nothing or kicking you out immediately. So I'm quite glad when that trophy's out of the way. 

• Like 1

This is all i get with this trophy as well. The timeouts and number of times i need to restart the game bc it breaks when searching is awful, and the people still playing are too. They literally just sit in the pod doing nothing and kick you for asking if they will start something. 

Infuriating 

• Like 1

Just to add to this - if you dive in and the host player goes to their moon to create something, spending time in create mode also counts as a 'Dive In'. I think you only need to be in create mode (or a level) for about 10 seconds for it to count towards this trophy, but I'd make it a minute just to be sure.

This was probably the most annoying online LBP2 trophy for me to grind, but keep at it - according to the in-game stats there are usually between 300-900 active players, so you only need a small percentage of this number to do successful Dive Ins.

One of the dive in glitches (where you choose Dive In but get stuck in the pod with a giant dive in icon on your screen) can be solved by backing out to the pod, then going back on the Dive In option (i.e. it doesn't require a restart).

You can actually work towards 50 unique players while doing Dive In - if the random/host player wants to follow you back to your pod, let them and quickly go to your earth and enter your 50 unique plays level - dragging another player into it counts!

Edited by Merco
  • Like 1

Ask them to play a level and leave if they don't. I found I had more success when you talk like they do. Ask them who their fave youtuber is, say "cool" all the time and tell them you love their hideous outfits ? Also works a treat when it comes to tricking them into your crappy level for the plays

Good luck!

Oh and ask them to play something scary, they love that shit for some reason

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

^This! It seems LBP2 has become a wasteland of Five Nights at Freddys rip offs and 'killer hide and seeks' now - truly, what Media Molecule intended ;)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just got the 25 DIve Ins in half a day. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. The number 1 thing you should do is nicely ask whoever's pod you dive into if you can play a level with them in a nice manner. I would always text something along the lines of "Hi, can we play a level together?" and 90% of the time, they will say yes and play a level with you. Be patient with them, don't pressure them to hurry up or anything. Being nice really does go a long way to getting this trophy done. Stay in their level for a few minutes and then leave. Rinse and repeat. I went from 2/25 to 25/25 Dive Ins in a day.

Edited by Mad
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Literally just finished this trophy tonight and 99% of the people I joined were colossal dicks for no reason. I was extremely polite until one person messaged me calling me an asshole after I waited in there for 15 minutes patiently and made small talk only to have them tell me "No, I don't want to play a level." so I left. Sorry that I didn't want to sit in your pod and look at your terrible costumes and decorating. Just wanted to get this stupid trophy done.

Edited by SoapMacTavish222
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

Literally just finished this trophy tonight and 99% of the people I joined were colossal dicks for no reason. I was extremely polite until one person messaged me calling me an asshole after I waited in there for 15 minutes patiently and made small talk only to have them tell me "No, I don't want to play a level." so I left. Sorry that I didn't want to sit in your pod and look at your terrible costumes and decorating. Just wanted to get this stupid trophy done.

Man...is way worse than I thought....is honestly sad, people (not trophy hunters) don't giving a shit that u want a trophy is normal,but this guys spend hours in their pod doing basically nothing...or worse talking to each other like it is a bar or a restaurant is depressing...I found 3 guys doing nothing in a pod just talking like they are in some Square haha...I thought the 50 plays wold be a pain....but this one is the most annoying trophy on this game...

• Like 1

The thing about dive in is that it used to be that you could dive in to levels specifically, so the criteria of having to be in a level with the person you dove in with was easier to meet. A few years after the game was released they changed Dive in to only dive into pods not directly into levels, but they didn't update the criteria for the Pin, so now it's just a major PITA.

• Like 1

Oh wow, I remember when I did this about 4 years ago and I had all of the above issues too. What a damn nightmare it was! The other thing I'd find they'd generally do when I dropped into their pod was come over and slap me ?? Such a painful trophy, I was so glad when it was over. Good luck to all of you still going for it - I sure don't envy you!

• Like 1

The only good thing about dive in is when somebody dive into your own pod, and then enter to your level for the 50 unique players playing your level...

Most of the players of LBP2 right now are kids, in my experience a lot of kids from southamerica, some of them talking with micros saying that they can't even read when I'm trying to write them to play some level.

My advise is try to write something like "Hey, i wanna play some scary level!" Or something like that, these kids loves the creepypasta thing like killers or something.

If they are spanish speakers try to write "jugamos a algo que de miedo?"

Patience and if in a few minutes they don't get out from the pod, go out and try again.

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2020 at 11:32 AM, Merco said:

^This! It seems LBP2 has become a wasteland of Five Nights at Freddys rip offs and 'killer hide and seeks' now - truly, what Media Molecule intended ;)

On 4/29/2020 at 11:28 AM, Cleggworth said:

When I was going for this absolutely dreadful trophy I also noticed this. Most of what I got was blood, death, depression, mutilation, sadness, all those amazing things that make life a joy ?. This seems to be a trademark for Media Molecule, their games like to explore that side, wonder why...

I think I did not dive into a single pod and game that was colorful and fun.

• 2 weeks later...

this is so dreadful to deal with. i have a alt ps3 on and i only joined it once. it keeps saying no players even though i have a empty one RIGHT NEXT TO ME. on top of that i finally joined some idiot who showed me some crap on his screen that had every single messanger you can think of, his instagram name, discord, snapchat, everything. and he was singing. or something was singing somewhere. i dont even know. 

I got this in two ~2 hour sittings, I had my 2nd PS3 but I barely ever found it so I ditched it on the 2nd session.

Once I got into someones pod I would immediately go to chat and using predictive text I’d say “Hi let’s play a level”, this worked at least 75% of the time. Once we had played about 1 minute of a level I would leave back to my pod, they would often ask to follow me and I’d jump into my P4P level to get a free 1/50 unique plays.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

I got this in two ~2 hour sittings, I had my 2nd PS3 but I barely ever found it so I ditched it on the 2nd session.

Once I got into someones pod I would immediately go to chat and using predictive text I’d say “Hi let’s play a level”, this worked at least 75% of the time. Once we had played about 1 minute of a level I would leave back to my pod, they would often ask to follow me and I’d jump into my P4P level to get a free 1/50 unique plays.

thanks ill try saying that. most these people are rambling and doing odd things. ive never seen such maniacs before in my life lol. i found if i sign in and out of my main profile and then click auto accept friends on my alt that i usually can get in once and then i make sure its not a short level and dont leave for like 2 minutes. so far since my last post i only have 5/25. the failed network searching also keeps crashing both my ps3s. i also realized dont use the music player, this completely crashed my ps3 when i was going through levels to fast and gave me the red blinking lights. i thought i bricked my ps3 on this crap