IMPOSSIBLE! "The Arsenal Boss" on HARD

You

It wasn't easy but it wasn't that awful.  Gotterdammerung on Barrett, hit the weak spots when they're available but don't be afraid to just hit him with Barrett's limit when you can, maxed out Prayer on both of them, Revive on both of them, Arcane Ward and strong spells when you have the MP, use Prayer to keep your HP up, use the cover. 

I thought Bahamut+Ifrit, and Hell House earlier on, and Sephiroth at the end were harder than this one.

10 hours ago, rpgboy1985 said:

Go for gotterdammerung first, managed this fight first try by using that, and switching it from cloud to Barrett after the Rufus fight.... Of course getting it is the hard part 1f602.png

Same here, got this first attempt. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Having just cleared it, the key for me was to put thunder (and elemental on armor but I didn't see it healing me any so may not be neccessary). You can spam thunder until he switches to lightning resist, then switch to physical attacks. When he switches to physical resist (it'll say something like Anti Physical Program Installed) he's weak to thunder again. Didn't really see anyone else discussing this but he basically adapts to physical attacks as well which is why he seems to take so long, the key is to switch as he switches.

Had reprieve pop on Barrett before we even got to the final phase, but when we got there I just popped arcane ward and everyone spammed thunder and he dropped pretty fast. Barret also recharges his limit break with the Pride & Joy accesory every time he dies so it can be worth it to let him drop if you can revive him quick enough.

Edited by PhantomWarcry