Switch have trophies/achievements?

Titanomachy_75

It doesn't have an achievement/trophy system.  In fact that's probably why many around here like it as a stress-free compliment to their Playstation.

Some games may have internal achievements but nothing system-wide like PSN's trophies or Xbox Live's achievements.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

It doesn't have an achievement/trophy system.  In fact that's probably why many around here like it as a stress-free compliment to their Playstation.

Some games may have internal achievements but nothing system-wide like PSN's trophies or Xbox Live's achievements.

Funny enough your profile is the reason! lol hollow knight like to play this game with no worries and trying to get the platinum :) lol thanks for the info

• 1 month later...

Hi there everyone! 

Well there is actually somewhat of an achievement system, but from the looks of it in a very strange way :

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Minecraft-Nintendo-Switch/achievements

A report once stated that people would actually be able to unlock Xbox - achievements on Switch - > https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/12/17229492/minecraft-nintendo-switch-xbox-achievements-better-together-update

I did not study these articles but there are completionists of the Switch version on trueachievements. Other than that, I don't know of any achievements on Switch. 

Growing up with nintendo i cant believe that the switch not having a trophy system is one of the reason putting me off. Its become a massive part of gaming for me in the past 8 years and i carnt imagine me gaming and not going for trophies.

The fun of getting trophies for games like mario odessey and zelda would be a big selling point for me

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I know I would be in the minority by saying I wish it did have an achievement system. I don’t even like the fact that Xbox doesn’t have something like platinums, even though they do have achievements. But I keep a list of “unofficial” platinums for Nintendo, Xbox, and PC anyway. Any games without any official achievements list need to be completed 100% and on the hardest difficulty available. Then I can “reward” myself the platinum. But that’s just me.

• 1 month later...

Not really. 2 games that are Microsoft IP's have been ported over to Switch and you can unlock Xbox achievements on them as a seperate stack - these games are Minecraft and Ori and the Blind Forest (Definitive Edition). Think of it like a Windows 10 stack, but on Nintendo Switch.

Generally speaking, there isn't a Nintendo achievement system. Some games have in-game challenges that emulate achievements/trophies - GRIS has 'challenges' identical to the PS trophy list, and Luigi's Mansion has it's own in-game achievements, but there is no uniform system like Xbox has with achievements and PS has with trophies. They are just localised to that game, a bit like a rewards/accomplishments page.

I’m very happy with Nintendo not going this route ... in the end im picking up games for the switch and enjoying them so much! Because I have no worries about missing a trophy here and there ... do t get me wrong here I love my trophies but at the end of the day there is a switch I can turn to and just enjoy the game for what it is a game! :) 

On 28/04/2020 at 11:07 PM, Dreakon13 said:

I get this but to me thats the reason why I don’t get a Switch. I would buy a Nintendo DS/3DS and PSP purely for nostalgia. Trophies shouldn’t matter so much but... yeah I fell in that rabbit hole. I was playing GTA on the PSP and although it’s fun, it would be nice to get rewards.

It would’ve been awesome to have trophies on all the MySims games, lol.

Maybe it is a stress-free way out for people who are very dedicated trophy hunters - my profile stats are shit and I don’t pay “that” much attention to it. It doesn’t feel like a job.

A lot of people say trophies took the fun away. To me it made gaming more fun as long as you don’t make it job, I think a lot of people got addicted to them and that’s not good.

• Like 1

It all depends on the game

but theres nothing tracked to your nintendo switch online account/profile

games like immortals fenyx rising has achievements but no one but you can see what youve unlocked and you have to be in game to see what you have / have not completed.  if someones clicks on your profile, all anyone sees is what games youve been playing and an estimate of how many hours youve played in said games